Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- [Influenza]Christian Chidiac
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04
Rev Prat 58:445-53. 2008
- Characteristics of patients with herpes zoster on presentation to practitioners in FranceC Chidiac
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases AIDS Reference Center, University Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
Clin Infect Dis 33:62-9. 2001..This study provides reference data on the substantial deterioration in quality of life associated with herpes zoster and PHN...
- Pneumococcal vaccine in the elderly: a useful but forgotten vaccineChristian Chidiac
Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Université Claude Bernard Lyon1 INSERM U851, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, F 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:222-8. 2009..Taking into account the preventive effect of PPV23 on IPD and the threat of a pandemic flu, the increase of PPV23 vaccination coverage in elderly patients should be strongly considered...
- [Prevention and treatment of influenza]Christian Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, INSERM U851, 69317 Lyon Cedex 04, France
Rev Prat 58:1671-7. 2008..Hygienic rules play also a fundamental role for prevention of transmission; neglected for many decades, they have been rehabilitated by the pandemic threat...
- [Maraviroc: clinical trials results]C Chidiac
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon Cedex 04, France
Med Mal Infect 38:S17-23. 2008..For the moment indicated for the treatment-experienced patient population, maraviroc could in the future benefit to other types of patients, depending on ongoing trials results...
- [Acute community-acquired pneumonia. A review of clinical trials]C Chidiac
Service des maladies infectieuses et tropicales et Inserm EA230, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317 Lyon, France
Med Mal Infect 36:650-66. 2006..Amoxicillin 1 g tid remains the drug of choice for pneumococcal CAP...
- [Using antibiotics in case of influenza]C Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Maladies Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, INSERM, E0230, Lyon, F 69008 France
Med Mal Infect 36:181-9. 2006..Neuraminidase inhibitors may be of interest for the management of influenza infected patients, because they can decrease the risk of bacterial complications and the use of antibiotics...
- [Atherosclerosis, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer's disease: what role for Herpesviridae?]Christian Chidiac
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CISIH de Lyon, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, F69317 Lyon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 50:463-8. 2002..The present paper reviews arguments not only in favour but also against such hypothesis. Any formal conclusion is impossible, and more extensive studies are warranted...
- Relationship between discordant response to HAART, Tregs, immune activation and low-level viraemiaJulien Saison
Infectious and Tropical Disease Unit, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
J Int AIDS Soc 17:19672. 2014..Immune cellular activation, Tregs or very low-level viraemia has been alternatively suspected, but never investigated simultaneously ...
- Determinants of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus native bone and joint infection treatment failure: a retrospective cohort studyFlorent Valour
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Groupement Hospitalier Nord, Lyon, France
BMC Infect Dis 14:443. 2014..aureus prosthetic joint infection. We aimed to assess the determinants of native MSSA BJI outcomes...
- Low-level viremia is associated with non-B subtypes in patients infected with HIV with virological success following HAART introductionJulien Saison
Virology Laboratory, Croix Rousse Hospital, HCL, Lyon, France
J Med Virol 85:953-8. 2013..08-14.7). This association needs to be confirmed. Further study of the reservoir and the mechanisms of viral latency according to HIV-subtype will also be necessary to develop new therapeutic strategies and eradicate HIV infection...
- Antimicrobial Activity against Intraosteoblastic Staphylococcus aureusFlorent Valour
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France INSERM U1111, International Centre for Research in Infectiology, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:2029-36. 2015..These data provide a basis for refining the choice of antibiotics to prioritise in the management of BJI, justifying the combination of a fluoroquinolone for its intracellular activity with an anti-biofilm molecule, such as rifampin. ..
- Antimicrobial-related severe adverse events during treatment of bone and joint infection due to methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureusFlorent Valour
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:746-55. 2014....
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling of unboosted Atazanavir in a cohort of stable HIV-infected patientsSylvain Goutelle
Service Pharmaceutique Groupement Hospitalier de Gériatrie, Lyon, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:517-23. 2013..This study also suggests that twice-daily administration of uATV may optimize drug therapy...
- Vaccination coverage against hepatitis A and B viruses, Streptococcus pneumoniae, seasonal flu, and A(H1N1)2009 pandemic influenza in HIV-infected patientsFlorent Valour
Infectious Diseases Department, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France INSERM U1111, International Center for Research in Infectiology, Lyon, France Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France Electronic address
Vaccine 32:4558-64. 2014..Few data are available regarding vaccination coverage and its determinants in this population...
- CD4+CD25+CD127- assessment as a surrogate phenotype for FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in HIV-1 infected viremic and aviremic subjectsJulien Saison
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Laboratoire d Immunologie, Lyon, F 69003, France
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 84:50-4. 2013..Therefore, the objective of the present study was to assess the correlation between frequencies of CD4+CD25+CD127- and CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ lymphocytes in viremic and matched aviremic HIV-infected patients...
- Imported pulmonary histoplasmosis in three French cavers after a trip to CubaAgathe Sénéchal
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Unit, Croix Rousse Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Travel Med 19:64-5. 2012..Diagnosis is difficult in nonendemic areas, often based on travel history and observation of epidemic in a group. We report three cases of pulmonary histoplasmosis that occurred in a group of 12 French cavers traveling to Cuba...
- [Community-acquired pneumonia in adults]Christian Chidiac
Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, GHN, HCL, 69137 Lyon Cedex 04
Rev Prat 61:1077-84. 2011..Respiratory quinolone, mainly levofloxacin, can be prescribed in high risk patients, or in case of a failure of a first line of treatment...
- T-cell response to superantigen restimulation during menstrual toxic shock syndromeJean Philippe Rasigade
INSERM U851, National Reference Center for Staphylococci, University of Lyon Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 62:368-71. 2011....
- Secondary pulmonary syphilis: report of a likely case and literature reviewGary David
Department of Infectious Diseases, Croix Rousse University Hospital, Lyon, France
Clin Infect Dis 42:e11-5. 2006..Only 9 reports of pulmonary involvement in secondary syphilis have been reported to date in the English-language literature. Clinicians should be aware of this atypical localization of syphilis...
- The efficacy and safety of oral pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxycillin-clavulanate 2000/125 mg, twice daily, versus oral amoxycillin-clavulanate 1000/125 mg, three times daily, for the treatment of bacterial community-acquired pneumonia in adultsPatrick Petitpretz
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Andre Mignot, Le Chesnay, France
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:119-29. 2002..pneumoniae strains with high-level penicillin resistance...
- The recent increase of syphilis cases in Lyon University hospitals Is mainly observed in HIV-infected patients: descriptive data from a laboratory-based surveillance systemMarine Giard
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 34:441-3. 2003
- Factors associated with the time elapsed between initial detection of HIV antibodies and first contact for healthcare in HIV seroconverters of the Lyon University HospitalsLaetitia Gambotti
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:319-20. 2002
- Guidelines for empiric antimicrobial prescribing in community-acquired pneumoniaThomas M File
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, OH, USA
Chest 125:1888-901. 2004..Prospective data are required to evaluate which of these two approaches offers clinical superiority...
- The incidence of herpes zoster is less likely than other opportunistic infections to be reduced by highly active antiretroviral therapyPhilippe Vanhems
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 38:111-3. 2005