Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Amiodarone versus placebo and class Ic drugs for cardioversion of recent-onset atrial fibrillation: a meta-analysisPhilippe Chevalier
Département de cardiologie et de soins intensifs, Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:255-62. 2003..This meta-analysis compared amiodarone with placebo and class Ic drugs for the cardioversion of recent-onset atrial fibrillation (AF), defined as lasting less than seven days...
- Identification and distribution of interstitial Cajal cells in human pulmonary veinsElodie Morel
Service de Rythmologie, Hopital Cardiologique Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Heart Rhythm 5:1063-7. 2008..We hypothesized that interstitial Cajal cells (ICCs), a known type of pacemaker cells, could underlie the pacemaking activity of isolated pulmonary veins...
- Periatrial epicardial fat is associated with markers of endothelial dysfunction in patients with atrial fibrillationNicolas Girerd
Rhythmology Department, Louis Pradel Cardiology Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bron, France
PLoS ONE 8:e77167. 2013..We intended to determine whether global or local EAT is associated with systemic and/or left atrial (LA) inflammation and markers of endothelial dysfunction in AF patients...
- Prophylactic radiofrequency ablation in asymptomatic patients with Wolff-Parkinson-White is not yet a good strategy: a decision analysisPhilippe Chevalier
Rhythmology Unit, Louis Pradel Cardiology Hospital, Bron, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 6:185-90. 2013..We compared the risk:benefit ratios between prophylactic radiofrequency ablation and no treatment in asymptomatic patients with WPW...
- Chronic oral amiodarone but not dronedarone therapy increases ventricular defibrillation threshold during acute myocardial ischemia in a closed-chest animal modelPhilippe Chevalier
Department of Cardiology and Intensive Care, Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 59:523-8. 2012..8 ± 4 J) and control groups had similar defibrillation threshold values. These data indicate that oral dronedarone treatment, unlike oral amiodarone, does not affect defibrillation threshold during ischemia in pigs...
- Torsades de pointes complicating atrioventricular block: evidence for a genetic predispositionPhilippe Chevalier
Hopital Cardiologique, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Heart Rhythm 4:170-4. 2007..The prevalence of genetic risk factors has not been systematically evaluated in the setting of complete atriventricular (AV) block complicated by long QT syndrome (LQTS)...
- The impact of acute myocardial ischemia on the ventricular defibrillation threshold during chronic oral azimilide therapyPhilippe Chevalier
Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:629-32. 2007..005) and significant prolongation of the ventricular fibrillation cycle length (85.1 +/- 13 versus 104.7 +/- 24 msec; P < 0.04). Chronic oral azimilide treatment does not affect the DFT at baseline or during acute myocardial ischemia...
- Is radiofrequency ablation of accessory pathways always necessary? The case of a variant of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndromePhilippe Chevalier
Hopital Cardiologique Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, 6977 Lyon, France
J Electrocardiol 42:290-2. 2009..The electrocardiogram showed a PR interval of 0.10 second and wide QRS complexes suggestive of an accessory pathway. The case of a variant of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is discussed...
- Left atrial radiofrequency ablation during mitral valve surgery: a prospective randomized multicentre study (SAFIR)Philippe Chevalier
Department of Cardiology Rythmology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Cardiologique Louis Pradel, CHU Louis Pradel, avenue du doyen Lepine, Lyon Cedex 03, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:769-75. 2009..Randomized studies evaluating left atrial radiofrequency ablation (RFA) in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation undergoing mitral valve surgery are scarce and monocentric...
- [The place of antiarrythmic drugs and rythm control in the treatment of atrial fibrillation]Ph Chevalier
Hopital Cardiologique de Lyon
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 58:S42-6. 2009..This article explores the advantages of maintaining the sinus rhythm using arrhythmics and the practical strategy of the pharmacological approach...
- Prevention of implantable defibrillator shocks by cognitive behavioral therapy: a pilot trialPhilippe Chevalier
Cardiology and Intensive Care Department, Hopital Cardiologique, Lyon, France
Am Heart J 151:191. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine whether cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) results in a decrease of arrhythmic events requiring ICD intervention through an improvement in sympathovagal balance...
- Perioperative outcome and long-term survival of surgery for acute post-infarction mitral regurgitationPhilippe Chevalier
Department of Cardiology and Intensive Care, Hopital Louis Pradel, 28 Avenue Doyen Lepine, 69394 Lyon 03, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:330-5. 2004..To determine factors predictive of mortality in patients undergoing emergency mitral valve surgery in the setting of severe post-infarction regurgitation...
- Quantitative study of nerves of the human left atriumPhilippe Chevalier
Service de Rythmologie et de Soins Intensifs Cardiologiques, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Heart Rhythm 2:518-22. 2005..To quantify and study the distribution of innervation of the left atrium and the pulmonary veins in humans...
- QT dynamicity and sudden death after myocardial infarction: results of a long-term follow-up studyPhilippe Chevalier
Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:227-33. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine whether impaired adaptation of the QT interval to changes in heart rate predicts sudden death after an acute myocardial infarction...
- Ivabradine induces an increase in ventricular fibrillation threshold during acute myocardial ischemia: an experimental studyFanny Vaillant
Laboratory of Medical Pharmacology, INSERM ERI 22, Grange Blanche Medical School, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 52:548-54. 2008..Tachycardia often facilitates ischemic ventricular fibrillation (VF)...
- Contribution of long-QT syndrome genetic variants in sudden infant death syndromeGilles Millat
Laboratoire de Cardiogénétique Moléculaire, Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, Bron Cedex, France
Pediatr Cardiol 30:502-9. 2009..Identification of more LQTS mutations in SIDS cases could provide new insights into the pathophysiology of SIDS and, consequently, reduce the number of unexplained sudden infant deaths...
- QT interval prolongation in future SIDS victims: a polysomnographic studyPatricia Franco
Pediatric Sleep Unit, Hôpital M and re Enfant and INSERM U628, University Lyon, Lyon, France
Sleep 31:1691-9. 2008..We hypothesized that some future SIDS infants could have longer QTc intervals during sleep, compared with healthy control infants, and that this difference would correlate with the autonomic imbalance already found in these infants...
- Prevalence and spectrum of mutations in a cohort of 192 unrelated patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyGilles Millat
Laboratoire de Cardiogénétique Moléculaire, Centre de biologie et pathologie est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Eur J Med Genet 53:261-7. 2010..No single or cumulative genetic modifier effect could be evidenced in this HCM cohort...
- Ropivacaine combined with various anti-arrhythmic drugs results in mild alterations in myocardial contractility in pigsCécile Barel
Laboratory of Medical Pharmacology, Claude Bernard University, Lyon, France
Can J Anaesth 50:1031-4. 2003....
- Wavelet transform for analysis of heart rate variability preceding ventricular arrhythmias in patients with ischemic heart diseaseHaran Burri
Unité 50, Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
Int J Cardiol 109:101-7. 2006..Time-frequency analysis of HRV is traditionally performed using short-term Fourier transform (STFT). Wavelet transform (WT) may however be better suited for analyzing non-stationary signals such as heart rate recordings...
- The effects of ropivacaine at clinically relevant doses on myocardial ischemia in pigsPanayota Tsibiribi
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Médicale EA 1896, Faculte de Medecine Lyon Grange Blanche, 8 avenue Rockefeller, 69373, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
J Anesth 20:341-3. 2006..The results of this study should be taken into account by anesthesiologists when administering ropivacaine to coronary patients...
- Beat-to-beat variations of the electrocardiogram in survivors of sudden death without structural heart diseaseHaran Burri
Unité 50, Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
J Electrocardiol 39:310-4. 2006..We sought to determine whether survivors of sudden death without structural heart disease have beat-to-beat electrocardiographic (ECG) characteristics at the microvolt and at the millisecond level that differ from normal subjects...
- Short-coupled variant of torsades de pointes with intractable ventricular fibrillation: lifesaving effect of cardiopulmonary bypassAlexis Durand-Dubief
Department of Cardiology, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon Monchat, France
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:329. 2003
- Muscarinic receptor upregulation in patients with myocardial infarction: a new paradigmAlejandro N Mazzadi
CERMEP imagerie du vivant, Lyon, France
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:365-72. 2009..Despite the major role attributed to myocardial vagal activity in left ventricular arrhythmogenesis in chronic myocardial infarction, the impact of infarction on left ventricular muscarinic receptor density remains unknown...
- Toward personal eHealth in cardiology. Results from the EPI-MEDICS telemedicine projectPaul Rubel
INSERM ERM107 MTIC, Hopital Cardiologique de Lyon, 69500 Bron, France
J Electrocardiol 38:100-6. 2005..The clinical evaluation indicates that the EPI-MEDICS concept may save lives and is very valuable for prehospitalization triage...
- New paradigms in telemedicine: ambient intelligence, wearable, pervasive and personalizedPaul Rubel
INSERM ERM107, Lyon, France
Stud Health Technol Inform 108:123-32. 2004..This solution is a typical example of pervasive computing and ambient intelligence that demonstrates how personalized, wearable, ubiquitous devices could improve healthcare...
- Cardiac retention of [11C]HED in genotyped long QT patients: a potential amplifier role for severity of the diseaseAlejandro N Mazzadi
Centre d Exploration et de Recherche Médicales par Emission de Positons, 69003 Lyon, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1286-93. 2003..The larger number of heterogeneous sectors in symptomatic patients suggests that sympathetic function could play an amplifier role for severity of the disease...
- Clinical aspects and prognosis of Brugada syndrome in childrenVincent Probst
l institut du thorax, CHU de Nantes, and INSERM U533, Nantes Cedex, France
Circulation 115:2042-8. 2007..Little is known about the clinical presentation and prognosis of this disease in children...
- Spatiotemporal electrocardiographic characterization of ventricular depolarization and repolarization abnormalities in long QT syndromeLioara Restier-Miron
INSERM ERM107 MTIC, Universite Lyon 1, INSA Lyon, Bron, France
J Electrocardiol 40:368-74. 2007..Our goal is to quantify abnormal electrical activity and to develop an ECG decision rule for the patients with LQTS...