Affiliation: Hospices Civils de Lyon
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a consensus approach on diagnosis, assessment, management, and trial methodologyAlexis Arzimanoglou
Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy IDEE, University Hospitals of Lyon and INSERM U821, Lyon, France
Lancet Neurol 8:82-93. 2009..We also suggest key considerations for future trials and highlight the importance of a comprehensive approach to the assessment and management of this syndrome...
- Nocturnal hypermotor seizures, suggesting frontal lobe epilepsy, can originate in the insulaPhilippe Ryvlin
Department of Functional Neurology and Epileptology, Hospices Civils de Lyon and Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Epilepsia 47:755-65. 2006....
- Dravet syndrome: from electroclinical characteristics to molecular biologyAlexis Arzimanoglou
Epilepsy, Sleep and Pediatric Neurophysiology Department, Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy IDEE, University Hospitals of Lyon, Lyon, France
Epilepsia 50:3-9. 2009..However, the defining characteristics of seizure type and EEG patterns initially identified by Dravet remain fundamental to diagnosis...
- Epileptic encephalopathies of the Landau-Kleffner and continuous spike and waves during slow-wave sleep types: genomic dissection makes the link with autismGaetan Lesca
Department of Constitutional Cytogenetics, Lyon Hospices Civils, Lyon, France
Epilepsia 53:1526-38. 2012..A role for autoimmunity has been proposed but the pathophysiology of CSWSS and of LKS remains uncharacterized...
- Greater response to placebo in children than in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis in drug-resistant partial epilepsySylvain Rheims
Department of Functional Neurology and Epileptology, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS Med 5:e166. 2008....
- GRIN2A mutations in acquired epileptic aphasia and related childhood focal epilepsies and encephalopathies with speech and language dysfunctionGaetan Lesca
1 Department of Genetics, University Hospitals of Lyon, Lyon, France 2 Claude Bernard Lyon I University, Lyon, France 3 Centre de Recherche en Neurosciences de Lyon, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 5292, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U1028, Lyon, France 4 French Epilepsy, Language and Development EPILAND Network, Marseille, France 5
Nat Genet 45:1061-6. 2013..The identification of GRIN2A as a major gene for these epileptic encephalopathies provides crucial insights into the underlying pathophysiology. ..
- All children who experience epileptic falls do not necessarily have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome... but many doAlexis Arzimanoglou
Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy IDEE, University Hospital of Lyon HCL Lyon, France
Epileptic Disord 13:S3-13. 2011..Effective management of LGS requires regular reappraisal of the evolving symptoms and features, and adjustment of the treatment accordingly...
- Evidence of a non-progressive course of alternating hemiplegia of childhood: study of a large cohort of children and adultsEleni Panagiotakaki
Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy IDEE, Hopital Femme Mere Enfant, University Hospitals of Lyon HCL, France
Brain 133:3598-610. 2010....
- The evolution of antiepileptic drug development and regulationAlexis Arzimanoglou
Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy, Epilepsy, Sleep and Paediatric Neurophysiology Department, University Hospitals of Lyon HCL and Inserm U821, Lyon, France
Epileptic Disord 12:3-15. 2010..Alongside these changes in approach, the modern era has witnessed important advances in antiepileptic drugs themselves, either through development of novel molecules, or targeted, structural improvements of older agents...
- Outcome and prognosis of status epilepticus in childrenKarine Ostrowsky
Institute for Children and Adolescents with Epilepsy IDEE and Paediatric Neurophysiology, University Hospitals of Lyon, Hopital Femme Mere Enfant, Lyon, France
Semin Pediatr Neurol 17:195-200. 2010..Future studies will need to address some of these methodological issues to provide the best information when discussing outcome with the family members of children with status epilepticus...
- A novel three base-pair LGI1 deletion leading to loss of function in a family with autosomal dominant lateral temporal epilepsy and migraine-like episodesJulitta de Bellescize
Service Epilepsie, sommeil, Explorations Fonctionnelles Neurolopédiatriques et CTRS IDEE, Hopital Femme Mere Enfant, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Epilepsy Res 85:118-22. 2009..Functional studies showed that the mutated protein was not secreted when transfected in COS cells, consistent with a causative role in the disease...
- Positron emission tomography in epileptogenic hypothalamic hamartomasPhilippe Ryvlin
Department of Functional Neurology and Epileptology, Neurology Hospital, Lyon, France
Epileptic Disord 5:219-27. 2003..Whether these cortical abnormalities only reflect the propagation of ictal discharges, or a potentially independent seizure onset zone remains unknown...