Jean Michel Azorin
Affiliation: Hopital Timone Enfant
- Valproate use in children and adolescents with bipolar disorderJean Michel Azorin
Hopital de Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
CNS Drugs 21:1019-33. 2007..Furthermore, clinical studies are required to clarify the efficacy and tolerability profile of valproate in comparison with other agents used in paediatric and adolescent bipolar disorder...
- Lack of insight may predict impaired decision making in manic patientsMarc Adida
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, IFR131, Equipe Imagerie Cérébrale en Psychiatrie, University Department of Psychiatry, SOLARIS, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseille, France
Bipolar Disord 10:829-37. 2008..The aim of this study was to establish whether this characteristic can be quantified with a laboratory measure of decision making [the Iowa Gambling Task (IGT)] and to determine clinical correlates of the IGT performance in mania...
- [Selecting material to develop an emotional Stroop test adapted to schizophrenia and bipolar disorders]Nathalie Besnier
Service du Pr Azorin, SHU de Psychiatrie Adultes, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Can J Psychiatry 53:177-88. 2008..This study aims to develop a version of the emotional Stroop test adapted to paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- Risk factors associated with lifetime suicide attempts in bipolar I patients: findings from a French National CohortJean Michel Azorin
Department of Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseille, France
Compr Psychiatry 50:115-20. 2009..We finally propose to integrate such characteristics into a stress-diathesis model of suicidal behavior, adapted to bipolar patients...
- Reduced brain activation in euthymic bipolar patients during response inhibition: an event-related fMRI studyArthur Kaladjian
CNRS, IFR 131, Equipe Imagerie Cérébrale en Psychiatrie, Marseille, France
Psychiatry Res 173:45-51. 2009..Further research should ascertain the role that such deficits may play in the emergence of impulsive behaviors that characterize bipolar disorder...
- Stroop and emotional Stroop interference in unaffected relatives of patients with schizophrenic and bipolar disorders: distinct markers of vulnerability?Nathalie Besnier
pôle de psychiatrie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:809-18. 2009....
- The mood-instability hypothesis in the origin of mood-congruent versus mood-incongruent psychotic distinction in mania: validation in a French National Study of 1090 patientsJean Michel Azorin
Ste Marguerite Hospital, University of Marseilles, Marseilles, France
J Affect Disord 96:215-23. 2006..Although included in successive editions of the DSM since its introduction in the IIIrd, the subtyping of manic episode into 'with mood-congruent (MCP) versus mood-incongruent (MIP) psychotic features' is yet to be fully validated...
- Olanzapine monotherapy and olanzapine combination therapy in the treatment of mania: 12-week results from the European Mania in Bipolar Longitudinal Evaluation of Medication (EMBLEM) observational studyEduard Vieta
Bipolar Disorders Program, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Affect Disord 106:63-72. 2008....
- Stability and treatment outcome of distinct classes of maniaInge van Rossum
Medical Department, Eli Lilly Nederland, Grootslag 1 5, Houten, The Netherlands
Eur Psychiatry 23:360-7. 2008..Differential treatment course and outcome after 12 weeks of treatment were examined for three distinct classes of patients with acute mania in bipolar disorder...