Affiliation: CNRS Unviersit
Location: Reims , France
Research Director at the CNRS
Main research activities:
- Homogeneous photocatalytic reactions with organometallic and coordination compounds--perspectives for sustainable chemistryNorbert Hoffmann
CNRS, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Institut de Chimie Moléculaire de Reims UMR 6229, Equipe de Photochimie, UFR Sciences, Reims, France
ChemSusChem 5:352-71. 2012....
- Photochemical electron transfer mediated addition of naphthylamine derivatives to electron-deficient alkenesRabih Jahjah
Equipe de Photochimie, Institut de Chimie Moleculaire de Reims, UMR 6229 CNRS et Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne, UFR Sciences, B P 1039, 51687 Reims, France
J Org Chem 76:7104-18. 2011..Sterically hindered furanone derivatives are less reactive under standard conditions. In a first experiment, such a compound was transformed using heterogeneous electron transfer photocatalysis with TiO(2)...
- Development of agriculture left-overs: fine organic chemicals from wheat hemicellulose-derived pentosesFrédéric Martel
Agro Industrie Recherches et Développements, Route de Bazancourt, 51110 Pomacle, France
Top Curr Chem 294:79-115. 2010..Selected reactions of furfural, an important dehydration product of pentoses, are also presented...
- Microphotochemistry: a reactor comparison study using the photosensitized addition of isopropanol to furanones as a model reactionOksana Shvydkiv
School of Chemical Sciences, Dublin City University, Ireland
Photochem Photobiol Sci 10:1399-404. 2011..Of the three micro setups examined, the LED-driven microchip gave the best overall results...
- Photosensitized addition of isopropanol to furanones in a 365 nm UV-LED microchipOksana Shvydkiv
School of Chemical Sciences, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Photochem Photobiol Sci 9:1601-3. 2010..Complete conversions were achieved after just 2.5 to 5 min of irradiation with 6 × 365 nm high-power LEDs. The results were compared to analogous experiments using a conventional batch reactor...
- Stereoselective triplet-sensitised radical reactions of furanone derivativesRabih Jahjah
, , UMR CNRS N degrees 6229, Equipe de Photochimie, UFR Sciences, B P 1039, 51687 Reims France, Fax 33 326 91 31 66
Chemistry 16:3341-54. 2010..It is observed that in the biradical intermediate, back-hydrogen transfer occurs leading to the starting compound. In the case of glucose derivatives, this reaction led to epimerisation at the anomeric centre...
- Photochemical key steps in the synthesis of surfactants from furfural-derived intermediatesAbdoulaye Gassama
Institut de Chimie Moleculaire de Reims, UMR 6229 CNRS et Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Equipe de Photochimie, UFR Sciences, B P 1039, 51687 Reims, Cedex 02, France
ChemSusChem 2:1130-7. 2009..Amphoteric (pK(N) and isoelectric point) and surfactant properties such as the critical micelle concentration and the adsorption efficiency are determined...
- Photoinduced-electron-transfer chemistry: from studies on PET processes to applications in natural product synthesisAxel G Griesbeck
Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Cologne, Greinstr 4, 50939 Koln, Germany
Acc Chem Res 40:128-40. 2007..The basic structures of these target molecules are bicyclic tertiary amines from the pyrrolizidine, benzopyrrolizidine, and indolizidine families, cyclic oligopeptides, macrocyclic ring systems, and many more...
- Chlorodifluoromethyl-substituted monosaccharide derivatives--radical activation of the carbon-chlorine-bondAnita Wegert
Institut fur Chemie, Organische Chemie, Universitat Rostock, Albert Einstein Strasse 3a, D 18059 Rostock, Germany
Carbohydr Res 341:2641-52. 2006....
- Selective and sensitive detection of pectin lyase activity using a colorimetric test: application to the screening of microorganisms possessing pectin lyase activityM Nedjma
Pascal Biotech, 68 Bis, Boulevard Perreire, F-75017 Paris, France
Anal Biochem 291:290-6. 2001..The obtained results confirm that Aspergillus niger strain and a Saccharomyces cerevisiae SCPP strain possess this activity...
- Photochemical reactions of aromatic compounds and the concept of the photon as a traceless reagentNorbert Hoffmann
Institut de Chimie Moleculaire de Reims, UMR 7312 CNRS et Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Equipe de Photochimie, UFR Sciences, B P 1039, F 51687 Reims, Cedex 02, France
Photochem Photobiol Sci 11:1613-41. 2012..Such transformations have likewise been performed with aromatic compounds. Reactivity and selectivity as well as application to organic synthesis are studied...