- High-level ability of secretory IgA to block HIV type 1 transcytosis: contrasting secretory IgA and IgG responses to glycoprotein 160H Hocini
Unité INSERM U430 Immunopathologie Humaine, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 13:1179-85. 1997..However, specific S-IgA was more efficient than IgG. These features suggest that mucosal specific S-IgA to HIV-1 could be relevant in decreasing infectivity of HIV-1 in corporal fluids...
- An ELISA method to measure total and specific human secretory IgA subclasses based on selective degradation by IgA1-proteaseH Hocini
Unité INSERM U430, Hopital Broussais, 96 rue Didot 75674, Cedex 14, Paris, France
J Immunol Methods 235:53-60. 2000..The major subclass of colostral S-IgA antibodies to gp160 was found to be of the alpha1 isotype but the specific activity of anti-HIV-gp160 S-IgA2 was, however, higher than that of S-IgA1...
- Active and selective transcytosis of cell-free human immunodeficiency virus through a tight polarized monolayer of human endometrial cellsH Hocini
INSERM U430, Paris, France
J Virol 75:5370-4. 2001..These findings provide new insights into the initial events occurring during heterosexual transmission of the virus...
- Secretory anti-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibodies in colostrum and breast milk are not a major determinant of the protection of early postnatal transmission of HIVP Becquart
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U430, Hopital Broussais, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 181:532-9. 2000..These results suggest that humoral mucosal immunity to HIV does not appear as a predominant factor for protection against viral transmission through breast milk...
- Cervicovaginal secretory antibodies to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) that block viral transcytosis through tight epithelial barriers in highly exposed HIV-1-seronegative African womenL Belec
Unité INSERM U430, Immunopathologie Humaine, Hopital Broussais, and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI and Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 184:1412-22. 2001....
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor inhibits infection of monocytes and lymphocytes with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 but does not interfere with transcytosis of cell-associated virus across tight epithelial barriersH Hocini
Unité INSERM U430, Paris, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:515-8. 2000..These observations indicate that the inhibitory effect of SLPI is restricted to free HIV-1 in corporal fluids...
- Cervicovaginal synthesis of IgG antibodies to the immunodominant 175-199 domain of the surface glycoprotein gp46 of human T-cell leukemia virus type IL Belec
Laboratory of Virology, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
J Med Virol 50:42-9. 1996..Since anti-gp46/175-Pro-199 antibodies usually support reactivities to neutralizing domains, their presence could be relevant for limiting HTLV-I transmission via cervicovaginal secretions...
- Intracellular neutralization of HIV transcytosis across tight epithelial barriers by anti-HIV envelope protein dIgA or IgMM Bomsel
U332 INSERM ICGM, Paris, France
Immunity 9:277-87. 1998..These results suggest that induction of mucosal immunity to HIV envelope proteins may impair the transcytotic route of HIV mucosal transmission...
- Opposite effects of IL-10 on the ability of dendritic cells and macrophages to replicate primary CXCR4-dependent HIV-1 strainsP Ancuta
Unite d Immunopathologie Humaine, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
J Immunol 166:4244-53. 2001..These findings suggest that increased levels of IL-10 observed in HIV-1-infected patients with disease progression may favor the replication of X4 HIV-1 strains in vivo...
- Induction in mucosa of IgG and IgA antibodies against parenterally administered soluble immunogensN Decroix
, Paris, France
Scand J Immunol 53:401-9. 2001..The results indicate that mucosal immunity to peptides that are candidates for human vaccinations may be achieved by parenteral adjuvant-free immunization with peptide coupled to TT...
- Antibodies to C-C chemokine receptor 5 in normal human IgG block infection of macrophages and lymphocytes with primary R5-tropic strains of HIV-1H Bouhlal
, , Paris, France
J Immunol 166:7606-11. 2001..Our results suggest that anti-CCR5 Abs from healthy immunocompetent donors may be suitable for development of novel passive immunotherapy regimens in specific clinical settings in HIV infection...
- Detection of Y chromosome DNA as evidence of semen in cervicovaginal secretions of sexually active womenN Chomont
INSERM U430, , Paris, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 8:955-8. 2001..The detection of cell-associated male DNA with a highly sensitive and specific procedure such as Y PCR constitutes a method of choice to detect semen traces in female genital secretions...
- [Breast lobular carcinoma in situ: diagnosis and evolution]M Espie
Centre des Maladies du Sein, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:964-9. 2005..The clinical and radiological diagnosis remains difficult and the choice of therapies varies according to teams, ranging from mere surveillance to mastectomy...
- [Invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast: specific diagnosis and evolution]M Espie
Centre des Maladies du Sein, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:3-7. 2006..The choice of therapies depends on the individual characteristics of each patient and of the biological features of each tumour. However, lobular carcinomas seem to be less responsive to chemotherapy...