- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Pariat J, Potage D, Roubineau F, Jammal S, et al. Beta-tricalcium phosphate for orthopedic reconstructions as an alternative to autogenous bone graft. Morphologie. 2017;101:173-179 pubmed publisher..This study established clinical parameters where the ?-TCP alone can successfully support the osteogenic process. ..
- Hernigou P, Pariat J. History of internal fixation with plates (part 2): new developments after World War II; compressing plates and locked plates. Int Orthop. 2017;41:1489-1500 pubmed publisher..Finally, new devices represented by locking plates increased the stability, contributing to the principles of a more biological osteosynthesis while giving enough stability to allow immediate full weight bearing in some patients. ..
- Hernigou P, Pariat J. History of internal fixation (part 1): early developments with wires and plates before World War II. Int Orthop. 2017;41:1273-1283 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, Arbuthnot Lane (1892) and Albin Lambotte (1905) are considered to be the founders of this method, which was further developed by Sherman in the first part of the 20th century. ..
- Hernigou P, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Daltro G, Galacteros F. Talar Osteonecrosis Related to Adult Sickle Cell Disease: Natural Evolution from Early to Late Stages. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016;98:1113-21 pubmed publisher..Prospective Level II. See Instructions for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Roubineau F. History of traction for treatment of lower limb fractures. Int Orthop. 2016;40:2635-2641 pubmed..Their concern for the welfare of their patients led to substantial improvements in the treatment of all patients with fractures. ..
- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Potage D, Roubineau F, Flouzat Lachaniette C. Outcome of knee revisions for osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis with postero-stabilized arthroplasties: a mean ten-year follow-up with 90 knee revisions. Int Orthop. 2017;41:757-763 pubmed publisher..However, complications were more frequent with RA. ..
- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Khaled I, Chevallier N, Rouard H. Stem cell therapy in early post-traumatic talus osteonecrosis. Int Orthop. 2018;: pubmed publisher..In our study the early conservative surgical treatment with autologous bone marrow grafting improved the natural course of the disease as compared with core decompression alone. ..
- Hernigou P, Jammal S, Pariat J, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Dubory A. Hip osteonecrosis and pregnancy in healthy women. Int Orthop. 2017;: pubmed publisher..For women with several children, a subsequent pregnancy was not associated with osteonecrosis. A risk of hip osteonecrosis is present during the end of pregnancy and after delivery, and appears to decrease quickly. ..
- Hernigou P, Huys M, Pariat J, Jammal S. History of clubfoot treatment, part I: From manipulation in antiquity to splint and plaster in Renaissance before tenotomy. Int Orthop. 2017;41:1693-1704 pubmed publisher....
- Hernigou P. History of external fixation for treatment of fractures. Int Orthop. 2017;41:845-853 pubmed publisher..Both Parkhill and Lambotte observed that metal pins inserted into bone were tolerated extremely well by the body. Mainly on the basis of their research findings, many external fixation devices have been and are being developed. ..
- Hernigou P, Aurégan J, Potage D, Roubineau F, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Dubory A. Dual-mobility implants prevent hip dislocation following hip revision in obese patients. Int Orthop. 2017;41:469-473 pubmed publisher..Dual-mobility liners in these patients with hip revision is an efficient technique to prevent post-operative hip dislocation. ..
- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Roubineau F, Homma Y, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Chevallier N, et al. Allografts supercharged with bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells possess equivalent osteogenic capacity to that of autograft: a study with long-term follow-ups of human biopsies. Int Orthop. 2017;41:127-132 pubmed publisher..Our observations with allografts charged with BM-MSCs provides evidence in support of a long-term benefit of supercharging bone allografts with autologous BM-MSCs. ..
- Hernigou P, Trousselier M, Roubineau F, Bouthors C, Flouzat Lachaniette C. Dual-mobility or Constrained Liners Are More Effective Than Preoperative Bariatric Surgery in Prevention of THA Dislocation. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016;474:2202-10 pubmed publisher..However, we do not yet know the full risks of loosening of dual-mobility and constrained liners in this obese population. Level III, therapeutic study. ..
- Hernigou P. Plaster of Paris: the orthopaedic surgeon heritage. Int Orthop. 2016;40:1767-1779 pubmed publisher....
- Hernigou P, Trousselier M, Roubineau F, Bouthors C, Chevallier N, Rouard H, et al. Local transplantation of bone marrow concentrated granulocytes precursors can cure without antibiotics infected nonunion of polytraumatic patients in absence of bone defect. Int Orthop. 2016;40:2331-2338 pubmed..Local transplantation of concentrated CFU-GM-derived colonies aspirated from bone marrow allowed cure of infection and healing without antibiotics. ..
- Flouzat Lachaniette C, Roubineau F, Heyberger C, Bouthors C, Hernigou P. Multifocal osteonecrosis related to corticosteroid: ten years later, risk of progression and observation of subsequent new osteonecroses. Int Orthop. 2016;40:669-72 pubmed publisher..The continuation of peak doses (>200 mg) of corticosteroids predicted (pâ€‰=â€‰0.04) occurrence of new lesions and the continuation of corticosteroids without peak dose was a risk for quicker progression to collapse. ..
- Flouzat Lachaniette C, Heyberger C, Bouthors C, Roubineau F, Chevallier N, Rouard H, et al. Osteogenic progenitors in bone marrow aspirates have clinical potential for tibial non-unions healing in diabetic patients. Int Orthop. 2016;40:1375-9 pubmed publisher..We also anticipate a need to extend the time of casting and non-weight bearing for diabetic patients as compared with non-diabetic patients. ..
- Hernigou P, Zilber S, Filippini P, Poignard A. Ceramic-ceramic bearing decreases osteolysis: a 20-year study versus ceramic-polyethylene on the contralateral hip. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009;467:2274-80 pubmed publisher..We found no correlation between the volume of osteolysis and the volume of estimated wear in each couple of friction. Hips with osteolysis had a lower Harris score...
- Hernigou P, Huys M, Pariat J, Roubineau F, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Dubory A. Comparison of fixed-bearing and mobile-bearing total knee arthroplasty after high tibial osteotomy. Int Orthop. 2018;42:317-322 pubmed publisher....
- Hernigou P. History of clubfoot treatment; part III (twentieth century): back to the future. Int Orthop. 2017;41:2407-2414 pubmed publisher..In more than 90% of the cases, calcaneovalgus responds to conservative treatment, which involves passive manipulation and usually does not require casting or operative intervention as has been demonstrated by Ponseti. ..
- Hernigou P, Gravina N, Potage D, Dubory A. History of club-foot treatment; part II: tenotomy in the nineteenth century. Int Orthop. 2017;41:2205-2212 pubmed publisher..For this reason operations were extended to include tenotomies of other tendons, particularly the anterior tibial tendon and incisions in the capsules of the talar joints. ..
- Hernigou P, Dubory A, Homma Y, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Chevallier N, Rouard H. Single-stage treatment of infected tibial non-unions and osteomyelitis with bone marrow granulocytes precursors protecting bone graft. Int Orthop. 2017;: pubmed publisher....
- Hernigou P, Daltro G, Flouzat Lachaniette C, Roussignol X, Poignard A. Septic arthritis in adults with sickle cell disease often is associated with osteomyelitis or osteonecrosis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010;468:1676-81 pubmed publisher..The incidence of septic arthritis in adults with SCD is low, but often is associated with osteomyelitis or osteonecrosis. Level II, prognostic study. See Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..