- Influenza A H3N2 subtype virus NS1 protein targets into the nucleus and binds primarily via its C-terminal NLS2/NoLS to nucleolin and fibrillarinKrister Melen
Virology Unit, Department of Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control, National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, Mannerheimintie 166, FIN 00300 Helsinki, Finland
Virol J 9:167. 2012....
- The nucleolus: structure/function relationship in RNA metabolismDanièle Hernandez-Verdun
Nuclei and Cell Cycle, Institut Jacques Monod UMR 7592 CNRS, Universite Paris Diderot, 75205 Paris Cedex 13, France
Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 1:415-31. 2010..The last part of this review presents recent advances in nucleolar dysfunctions in human pathology such as cancer and virus infections that modify the nucleolar organization...
- Assembly and disassembly of the nucleolus during the cell cycleDanièle Hernandez-Verdun
Universite Paris Diderot, France
Nucleus 2:189-94. 2011..The dynamics of assembly/disassembly of the nucleolus is time and space regulated...
- Emerging concepts of nucleolar assemblyDanièle Hernandez-Verdun
CNRS, Universite Paris VI, Universite Paris VII, Institut Jacques Monod, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Sci 115:2265-70. 2002..This has opened a new area of research into the dynamics of nuclear organization and the integration of nuclear functions...
- [The nucleolus: structure, functions, amd associated diseases]Danièle Hernandez-Verdun
Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Université Paris VI et Paris VII, 2, place Jussieu, 75251 Paris 05, France
Med Sci (Paris) 20:37-44. 2004..The nucleolus is also a multifunctional domain involved in nuclear architecture and specific interaction with some nuclear bodies. Finally, several human diseases appear to result from mutations of nucleolar proteins...
- The nucleolus: a model for the organization of nuclear functionsDanièle Hernandez-Verdun
Nuclei and Cell Cycle, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Universite Paris VI, Universite Paris VII, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Histochem Cell Biol 126:135-48. 2006..A brief report on the nucleolus and diseases is proposed as well as of nucleolar functions different from ribosome biogenesis...
- Compartmentation of the nucleolar processing proteins in the granular component is a CK2-driven processEmilie Louvet
Institut Jacques Monod, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, University Paris VI and Paris VII, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 17:2537-46. 2006..This was confirmed in assays using extracts containing B23 mutated in the CK2-binding sites. We propose that phosphorylation controls the compartmentation of the rRNA-processing proteins and that CK2 is involved in this process...
- Time-lapse microscopy and fluorescence resonance energy transfer to analyze the dynamics and interactions of nucleolar proteins in living cellsEmilie Louvet
Nuclei and Cell Cycle Laboratory, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, University Paris VI and Paris VII, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 463:123-35. 2008..The dynamics of the interactions between processing proteins in PNBs suggest that PNBs are preassembly platforms for ribosomal RNA (rRNA) processing complexes...
- Nucleolus: from structure to dynamicsDanièle Hernandez-Verdun
Nuclei and Cell Cycle, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Université Paris VI et Paris VII, 2 place Jussieu, 75251, Paris, Cedex 05, France
Histochem Cell Biol 125:127-37. 2006..Time-lapse analysis of fluorescence resonance energy transfer demonstrates that processing complexes are formed in PNBs. Finally, the nucleolus appears at the center of several trafficking pathways in the nucleus...
- Nucleolus: the fascinating nuclear bodyValentina Sirri
Nuclei and Cell Cycle, CNRS, Universite Paris VI, Universite Paris VII, Institut Jacques Monod, 2 place Jussieu, 75251, Paris Cedex 05, France
Histochem Cell Biol 129:13-31. 2008..Perspectives on the evolution of this research area are proposed...
- The traffic of proteins between nucleolar organizer regions and prenucleolar bodies governs the assembly of the nucleolus at exit of mitosisEleonora Muro
Nuclei and Cell Cycle, Institut Jacques Monod UMR 7592 CNRS, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Nucleus 1:202-11. 2010....
- Involvement of SIRT7 in resumption of rDNA transcription at the exit from mitosisAlice Grob
Institut Jacques Monod, UMR 7592 CNRS Universités Paris 6 et 7, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Sci 122:489-98. 2009..As SIRT7 activity is required to resume rDNA transcription in telophase, we propose that this conformational modification regulates onset of rDNA transcription...
- In nucleoli, the steady state of nucleolar proteins is leptomycin B-sensitiveEleonora Muro
Laboratory Nuclei and Cell Cycle, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Université Paris VI and Université Paris VII, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biol Cell 100:303-13. 2008..However, how the exchanges within one nucleolus and between nucleoli within the nuclear volume occurred is still poorly understood...