- A web-based delphi study for eliciting helpful criteria in the positive diagnosis of hemophagocytic syndrome in adult patientsGilles Hejblum
INSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris, France AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Unité de santé publique, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e94024. 2014..The study constitutes the first initiative to date for defining international guidelines devoted to the positive diagnosis of the reactive form of hemophagocytic syndrome. ..
- Modelers' perception of mathematical modeling in epidemiology: a web-based surveyGilles Hejblum
INSERM, U707 Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e16531. 2011..Mathematical modeling in epidemiology (MME) is being used increasingly. However, there are many uncertainties in terms of definitions, uses and quality features of MME...
- Cost-benefit analysis of a simulated institution-based preoperative smoking cessation intervention in patients undergoing total hip and knee arthroplasties in FranceGilles Hejblum
INSERM, U707, Paris France
Chest 135:477-83. 2009..In particular, the balance between the cost of a preoperative intervention for smoking cessation (PISC) and the benefit resulting from the potential decrease in hospitalization costs is not known...
- Comparison of routine and on-demand prescription of chest radiographs in mechanically ventilated adults: a multicentre, cluster-randomised, two-period crossover studyGilles Hejblum
U707, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Lancet 374:1687-93. 2009..By comparison between routine and on-demand strategies, we aimed to establish which strategy was more efficient and effective for optimum patient care...
- An integrated approach for prescribing fewer chest x-rays in the ICUVincent Ioos
UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 707, Paris F 75012, France
Ann Intensive Care 1:4. 2011..The combination of the emblematic examples presented in this review supports an integrated global approach for decreasing the number of CXRs ordered in the ICU...
- A web-based Delphi study on the indications of chest radiographs for patients in ICUsGilles Hejblum
U707, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Chest 133:1107-12. 2008..The opinions of intensivists about ordering CXRs have not been reported. Comparing these opinions to established guidelines and identifying situations where opinions diverge in the absence of guidelines are of considerable interest...
- EpiBasket: how e-commerce tools can improve epidemiological preparednessWeijia Xing
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France Division of Infectious Disease, Key Laboratory of Surveillance and Early warning on Infectious Disease, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Emerg Health Threats J 6:19748. 2013..Here, the 'customers' are the epidemiologists, who fill their shopping 'baskets' with standardised questions...
- Simulation-based estimates of effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of smoking cessation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKokuvi Atsou
INSERM, U707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e24870. 2011..The medico-economic impact of smoking cessation considering a smoking patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is poorly documented...
- Determination of French influenza outbreaks periods between 1985 and 2011 through a web-based Delphi methodMarion Debin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMR S 707, F 75012 Paris, France
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:138. 2013..This is a difficult problem to address in the absence of a reliable gold standard. The objective of this study is to establish an expert-based determination of the start and the end of influenza epidemics in France...
- Homeless Patients in the ICU: An Observational Propensity-Matched Cohort StudyNaïke Bigé
1Service de Réanimation Médicale, AP HP, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France 2Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Sorbonne Universités, Paris, France 3U1136, INSERM, Paris, France 4UMR_S 1136, UPMC Univ Paris 06, Sorbonne Universités, Paris, France 5Unité de Santé Publique, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France 6Service Social Hospitalier, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France 7Département de l Information Médicale, Hopital Saint Antoine, AP HP, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 43:1246-54. 2015..To describe epidemiology and outcome of critically ill homeless patients, as compared with those of nonhomeless patients...
- Variability of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease key epidemiological data in Europe: systematic reviewKokuvi Atsou
INSERM, U707, F 75012 Paris, France
BMC Med 9:7. 2011....
- A systematic review of adult admissions to ICUs related to adverse drug eventsPierre Alain Jolivot
Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Sorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 1136, F 75013, Paris, France
Crit Care 18:643. 2014..The review led us to propose a list of items devoted to the reporting of future studies on ADE requiring ICU admissions...
- Economics of treatments for non-small cell lung cancerChristos Chouaid
INSERM, U707, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 27:113-25. 2009..This review suggests that most therapies for NSCLC are cost effective when the patient has a good performance status, with an incremental cost-effectiveness ratio under USD 50,000 per life-year gained in the majority of cases...
- Anatomy of the epidemiological literature on the 2003 SARS outbreaks in Hong Kong and Toronto: a time-stratified reviewWeijia Xing
INSERM, U707, Paris, France
PLoS Med 7:e1000272. 2010..Using the 2003 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic as an example, we conducted a comprehensive time-stratified review of the published literature to describe the different types of epidemiological outputs...
- Selection of patients with solitary thyroid nodules for operationLaurence Leenhardt
Quantitative Medical Imaging Research Unit INSERM U494, Hĵpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Eur J Surg 168:236-41. 2002..To improve the preoperative selection for operation of patients with solitary thyroid nodules...