- Fine-tuning of translation termination efficiency in Saccharomyces cerevisiae involves two factors in close proximity to the exit tunnel of the ribosomeIsabelle Hatin
IGM, Universite Paris Sud, UMR 8621, F91405 Orsay, France
Genetics 177:1527-37. 2007..Among them, SSB1 and snR18, two factors close to the exit tunnel of the ribosome, directed the strongest antisuppression effects when overexpressed, showing that they may be involved in fine-tuning of the translation termination level...
- The major 5' determinant in stop codon read-through involves two adjacent adeninesSanaa Tork
CNRS UMR 8621, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 32:415-21. 2004..We propose that the mRNA structure, depending on the nucleotides in the P site, is the main 5' determinant of read-through efficiency...
- Molecular dissection of translation termination mechanism identifies two new critical regions in eRF1Isabelle Hatin
Université Paris Sud and IGM, CNRS, UMR 8621, Orsay, F 91405, France
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1789-98. 2009..Our findings are consistent with the model of a closed-active conformation of eRF1 and shed light on two new functional regions of the protein...
- Identification of stop codon readthrough genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeOlivier Namy
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire de la Traduction, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2289-96. 2003..This emphasizes that genome annotation should take into account the fact that recoding signals could be more frequently used than previously expected...
- A viable hypomorphic allele of the essential IMP3 gene reveals novel protein functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeBruno Cosnier
IGM, CNRS, UMR 8621, Orsay, France
PLoS ONE 6:e19500. 2011..Further characterizations revealed involvement of the Imp3 protein in DNA repair and telomere length control, pointing to a functional relationship between both pathways and ribosome biogenesis...
- A novel mutant of the Sup35 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae defective in translation termination and in GTPase activity still supports cell viabilityCeline Fabret
IGM, Univ Paris Sud, UMR 8621, Orsay, F 91405, France
BMC Mol Biol 9:22. 2008..The goal of this study was to determine whether this residue is actually phosphorylated in yeast and if it is involved in the termination activity of the protein...
- Gene overexpression as a tool for identifying new trans-acting factors involved in translation termination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeOlivier Namy
Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire de la Traduction, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, CNRS UMR8621, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Genetics 161:585-94. 2002..Interestingly, among these candidates, we identified two genes, SSO1 and STU2, involved in protein transport and spindle pole body formation, respectively, suggesting puzzling connections with the translation termination process...
- Towards a computational model for -1 eukaryotic frameshifting sitesMichael Bekaert
Génétique Moléculaire de la Traduction, UMR CNRS 8623, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Bioinformatics 19:327-35. 2003..Unconventional decoding events are now well acknowledged, but not yet well formalized. In this study, we present a bioinformatics analysis of eukaryotic -1 frameshifting, in order to model this event...
- Statistical analysis of readthrough levels for nonsense mutations in mammalian cells reveals a major determinant of response to gentamicinCélia Floquet
Universite Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR8621, Orsay, France
PLoS Genet 8:e1002608. 2012..Finally, we point out that a uracil at this position associated with a cytosine at +4 results in an optimal gentamicin-induced readthrough, which is the therapeutically relevant variable...
- Up-regulation of tRNA biosynthesis affects translational readthrough in maf1-delta mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeMarta Kwapisz
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Curr Genet 42:147-52. 2002..Summarizing, the elevated tRNA levels in maf1- Delta increase translational fidelity and, independently, affect growth under special conditions...
- Lack of pseudouridine 38/39 in the anticodon arm of yeast cytoplasmic tRNA decreases in vivo recoding efficiencyFrançois Lecointe
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et de Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, Bat 34, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 277:30445-53. 2002..Therefore, the presence of pseudouridine 38 or 39 in the tRNA anticodon arm enhances misreading of certain codons by natural nonsense tRNAs as well as promotes frameshifting on slippery sequences in yeast...