E G Hantouche
- [Cyclothymic obsessive-compulsive disorder. Clinical characteristics of a neglected and under-recognized entity]E G Hantouche
Centre de l humeur, Departement de psychiatrie adulte, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Presse Med 31:644-8. 2002..However some recent publications have suggested that bipolar comorbidity occurs in authentic OCD and its presence has a differential impact on the clinical picture and course of OCD...
- Bipolar II with and without cyclothymic temperament: "dark" and "sunny" expressions of soft bipolarityHagop S Akiskal
International Mood Center, UCSD Department of Psychiatry, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA 92093 0603, USA
J Affect Disord 73:49-57. 2003..Our aim in the present analyses is to further test the hypothesis that such patients-assigned to CT on the basis of clinical interview-represent a more "unstable" variant of BP-II...
- Validating the bipolar spectrum in the French National EPIDEP Study: overview of the phenomenology and relative prevalence of its clinical prototypesHagop S Akiskal
International Mood Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92161, USA
J Affect Disord 96:197-205. 2006..The protocol was developed in 1994 and implemented in 1995; publication of its first data began in 1998. This report provides the complete data set of the EPIDEP...
- Mood stabilizer augmentation in apparently "unipolar" MDD: predictors of response in the naturalistic French national EPIDEP studyElie G Hantouche
Department of Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry, Mood Center, Consultation de l Humeur, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Affect Disord 84:243-9. 2005....
- Clinical and psychometric characterization of depression in mixed mania: a report from the French National Cohort of 1090 manic patientsE G Hantouche
Mood Center, Adult Psychiatry Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Affect Disord 96:225-32. 2006..This work eventually led to the Kraepelinian synthesis of all manic, mixed, and depressive states into the unitary rubric of "manic-depressive insanity (1899/1921)...
- Cyclothymic OCD: a distinct form?E G Hantouche
Mood Center, Department of Psychiatry, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Affect Disord 75:1-10. 2003..However in practice, resistant or severe OCD patients not infrequently suffer from a masked or hidden comorbid bipolar disorder...
- Bipolar II vs. unipolar depression: psychopathologic differentiation by dimensional measuresElie G Hantouche
Adult Psychiatry, Mood Center, Psychiatry Department, Pitié Salpêtrière Hôpital, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Affect Disord 84:127-32. 2005..UP MDD in a large national sample...
- Toward a definition of a cyclothymic behavioral endophenotype: which traits tap the familial diathesis for bipolar II disorder?E G Hantouche
Université Paris VI Mood Center, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Affect Disord 96:233-7. 2006....
- [Bipolar obsessive-compulsive disorder: confirmation of results of the "ABC-OCD" survey in 2 populations of patient members versus non-members of an association]E G Hantouche
Centre de l humeur, Departement de Psychiatrie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Encephale 28:21-8. 2002..More in depth analyses are now undertaken in order to investigate the characteristics of "bipolar OCD" by comparison to "non bipolar OCD"...
- Toward a validation of a tripartite concept of a putative anxious temperament: psychometric data from a French national general medical practice studyE G Hantouche
Mood Center, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University of Paris, Paris, France
J Affect Disord 85:37-43. 2005..It is presently unknown whether it is a distinct or unitary construct of a melange of anxious traits related to Cluster-C personality disorders...
- Factor structure of hypomania: interrelationships with cyclothymia and the soft bipolar spectrumElie G Hantouche
Psychiatry Department, Mood Center, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Affect Disord 73:39-47. 2003..In this report we focus on the factor structure of hypomania and its relationships with cyclothymic temperament in unipolar (UP) and bipolar II (BP-II) spectrum (soft bipolar) patients...
- Validation of a severity threshold for the Mania Rating Scale: a receiver-operating characteristic analysisJean Michel Azorin
Sainte Marguerite Hospital, University of Marseilles, Marseilles, France
Psychopathology 40:453-60. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine a cutoff score on the Mania Rating Scale (MRS), which easily allows identification of severe mania in a population of manic patients to be included in clinical trials of antimanic drugs...
- Factors associated with rapid cycling in bipolar I manic patients: findings from a French national studyJean Michel Azorin
University of Aix Marseille II, and Department of Adult Psychiatry, Sainte Marguerite Hospital, Marseille Cedex 09, France
CNS Spectr 13:780-7. 2008..Despite numerous explanatory hypotheses, few studies have involved a large national clinical sample examining risk factors in the occurrence of rapid cycling during the course of bipolar illness...