- Ceramic-on-ceramic THA Implants in Patients Younger Than 20 YearsDidier Hannouche
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010, Paris, France
Clin Orthop Relat Res 474:520-7. 2016..Few studies have reported the long-term results of ceramic-on-ceramic implants in THAs in patients younger than 20 years...
- Thirty years of experience with alumina-on-alumina bearings in total hip arthroplastyDidier Hannouche
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, AP HP, Hôpital Lariboisière University Paris 7, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Int Orthop 35:207-13. 2011..4% at ten years. However, concern remains over ceramic liner fracture and squeaking, which has been noted recently with increasing prevalence. This review will discuss the current knowledge on the use of alumina-on-alumina bearings...
- Embedding of bone samples in methylmethacrylate: a suitable method for tracking LacZ mesenchymal stem cells in skeletal tissuesD Hannouche
Laboratoire de Recherches Orthopediques, CNRS, Faculte de Medecine Lariboisiere Saint Louis, Universite Paris 7, 75010 Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 55:255-62. 2007..LacZ is a suitable phenotypic marker to track MSCs in skeletal tissues embedded in MMA...
- Is there a risk in placing a ceramic head on a previously implanted trunion?Didier Hannouche
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, AP HP, Hôpital Lariboisière University Paris 7, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010, Paris, France
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:3322-7. 2010..Strategies for revising a ceramic-on-ceramic total hip prosthesis are controversial. Some consider reimplantation of a ceramic head on a well-fixed femoral stem inadvisable as it may lead to a fracture of the newly implanted head...
- A lateral approach to the distal humerus following identification of the cutaneous branches of the radial nerveD Hannouche
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:552-6. 2009..The size and constant site of emergence between the triceps and brachioradialis muscles constitute a readily identifiable landmark to explore the radial nerve and expose the humeral shaft...
- [Tissue engineering for the repair of cartilage defects]D Hannouche
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 94:383-93. 2008..Before routine use of engineered cartilage grafts in the clinic, the safety and efficacy of these therapies need to be validated in prospective human clinical trials...
- Targeting bone alleviates osteoarthritis in osteopenic mice and modulates cartilage catabolismThomas Funck-Brentano
INSERM U606, Centre Viggo Petersen and Université Paris Diderot Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e33543. 2012..The level of bone resorption might impact cartilage remodeling. We therefore assessed the in vivo and in vitro effects of targeting bone resorption in OA and cartilage metabolism...
- Calcifications in human osteoarthritic articular cartilage: ex vivo assessment of calcium compounds using XANES spectroscopy. AddendumChristelle Nguyen
UMR S 606, INSERM, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
J Synchrotron Radiat 18:685. 2011..An acknowledgment is published for the paper by Nguyen et al. [(2011), J. Synchrotron Rad. 18, 475-480]...
- Hybrid alumina total hip arthroplasty using a press-fit metal-backed socket in patients younger than 55 years. A six- to 11-year evaluationP Bizot
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Lariboisiere Hospital, University of Paris VII, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 86:190-4. 2004..The press-fit metal-backed socket appeared to have reliable fixation in alumina-on-alumina hip arthroplasty. The excellent results using cemented fixation of the stem may be related to the low production of wear debris...
- Alumina-on-alumina hip arthroplasty in patients younger than 30 years oldR Nizard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Lariboisiere Hospital, 2, rue A Paré, 75010 Paris, France
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:317-23. 2008..The main limiting factor in this series was the fixation of the acetabular component. However, improvements in the design and in the mode of fixation of this component should enhance long-term results...
- Calcifications in human osteoarthritic articular cartilage: ex vivo assessment of calcium compounds using XANES spectroscopyChristelle Nguyen
UMR S 606, INSERM, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France
J Synchrotron Radiat 18:475-80. 2011..It is found that Ca(2+) compounds differ between calcified and non-calcified cartilage areas. In calcified areas they appear to be mainly involved in calcifications, namely Ca(2+) crystals...
- Muscle magnetic resonance imaging sensitivity does not decrease in chronic, mild, or proximal lower limb neuropathiesNicolas Deroide
Physiologie Clinique Explorations Fonctionnelles, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Muscle Nerve 45:659-67. 2012..However, its usefulness in mild, proximal, or chronic lesions, when electromyography (EMG), the current "gold standard" sensitivity is inadequate, has yet to be studied...
- Alumina pairing in total hip replacementR Nizard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 2 rue A Pare, 75010 Paris, France
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:755-8. 2005
- Effectiveness of Virtual Reality Training in Orthopaedic SurgeryFlorence Aim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP, Paris, France Electronic address
Arthroscopy 32:224-32. 2016..The purpose of this study was to conduct a systematic review to determine the effectiveness of virtual reality (VR) training in orthopaedic surgery...
- Anterior cruciate ligament surgery in the rabbitManon Bachy
Laboratoire de Bioingénierie et Bioimagerie Ostéo Articulaire B2OA CNRS UMR 7052, Université Denis Diderot Paris VII, Paris, France
J Orthop Surg Res 8:27. 2013....
- Septic arthritis of the hip with psoas abscess caused by Non-typhi Salmonella infection in an immunocompetent patientCaroline Compain
Federation de rhumatologie, Universite Paris 7, UFR médicale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Centre Viggo Petersen, 2 rue Ambroise Pare 75475 Paris cedex 10, France
Joint Bone Spine 75:67-9. 2008..Antimicrobial chemotherapy combined with surgical intervention was necessary for eradication of the infection. Physicians should be aware of this rare manifestation of Non-typhi Salmonella infections in non-debilitated patients...
- Inhibition of bone resorption blunts osteoarthritis in mice with high bone remodellingAbderrahim Kadri
INSERM U606, Centre Viggo Petersen and Université Paris Diderot Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, Paris 75010, France
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1533-8. 2010..Osteoarthritis (OA) is characterised by cartilage degradation and bone lesions. Subchondral bone may be involved in the pathogenesis of cartilage matrix breakdown...
- Osteoprotegerin inhibits cartilage degradation through an effect on trabecular bone in murine experimental osteoarthritisA Kadri
INSERM U606, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:2379-86. 2008..To characterize bone microarchitectural changes and to test the hypothesis that disrupting local cytokine equilibrium could modify cartilage degradation in a murine model of experimental osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Trigger finger treatment by ulnar superficialis slip resection (U.S.S.R.)D Le Viet
Institut de la Main, Clinique Jouvenet, Paris, France
J Hand Surg Br 29:368-73. 2004..This technique is indicated for patients with loss passive extension in the proximal interphalangeal joint and a long history of triggering...