- Graph theoretical analysis of structural and functional connectivity MRI in normal and pathological brain networksMaxime Guye
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385, Marseille Cedex 05, France
MAGMA 23:409-21. 2010..Graph theoretical analysis of connectivity MRI data provides an outstanding framework to merge anatomical and functional data in order to better understand brain pathologies...
- Imaging structural and functional connectivity: towards a unified definition of human brain organization?Maxime Guye
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale UMR CNRS 6612, France
Curr Opin Neurol 21:393-403. 2008..We will also emphasize the benefits provided by computational models of complex networks such as graph theory...
- 1H-MRS imaging in intractable frontal lobe epilepsies characterized by depth electrode recordingM Guye
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique et Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie et Neuropsychologie, INSERM EMI 9926, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Neuroimage 26:1174-83. 2005..Our results suggest a link between the relative decrease of N-acetyl-aspartate and the EZ as well as the IZ in FLE. Thus, multilevel (1)H-MRSI protocol may add pertinent information during the non-invasive presurgical evaluation of FLE...
- Performance in recognition memory is correlated with entorhinal/perirhinal interictal metabolism in temporal lobe epilepsyE Guedj
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Marseille, France
Epilepsy Behav 19:612-7. 2010....
- Pre-ictal synchronicity in limbic networks of mesial temporal lobe epilepsyF Bartolomei
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, INSERM EMI 9926, CHU Timone et Université de la Méditerranée, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Epilepsy Res 61:89-104. 2004..We recorded with intracerebral electrodes the onset of limbic seizures in patients with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE) to identify the dynamic interactions between the hippocampus (HIP), amygdala (AMY) and entorhinal cortex (EC)...
- Neuroimaging of epilepsy in childrenC Raybaud
Department of Neuroradiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Timone, Marseille, France
Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am 9:121-47, viii. 2001..Genetic, congenital, and perinatal disorders account for most of the cases. MR imaging should identify any abnormality of the brain, in order to understand the condition and, in selected cases, to be able to treat the patient surgically...
- [Isolated autobiographical amnesia: a neurological basis?]O Felician
Service de Neurologie et de Neuropsychologie, CHU de la Timone, AP HM, 264, rue Saint Pierre 13385 Marseille cedex 5, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:449-59. 2009..This study aims at characterizing this poorly documented clinical syndrome and at discussing its potential pathophysiological basis...
- What is the significance of interictal water diffusion changes in frontal lobe epilepsies?M Guye
INSERM, U 751, Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie et Neuropsychologie, Marseille, France
Neuroimage 35:28-37. 2007..396), or surgical outcome (p=0.606). We suggest that SID in normal appearing areas is not a specific signature of epileptogenicity in FLE, and is more likely to reflect multifactorial and potentially evolving neuro-glial injuries...
- Long-term consolidation of declarative memory: insight from temporal lobe epilepsyEve Tramoni
Laboratoire Epilepsies et Cognition, INSERM U 751, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculté de médecine La Timone, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Brain 134:816-31. 2011..They suggest that mild medial temporal lobe dysfunction can impede the building and stabilization of episodic memories but leaves long-term semantic and single-items mnemonic traces intact...
- Multimodal magnetic resonance imaging of the central nervous systemD Galanaud
UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13005 Marseille, France
Biochimie 85:905-14. 2003..This non-invasive approach is of utmost importance since it already improves the diagnosis and the therapeutic choice in the management of several central nervous system diseases...
- [Interest of EEG recording during direct electrical stimulation for brain mapping function in surgery]A Trebuchon
Faculte de Medecine, Aix Marseille Universite, 13000 Marseille, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 31:e87-90. 2012..In addition this technique offers new perspective to better assess connectivity of cerebral networks...
- Structure of WM bundles constituting the working memory system in early multiple sclerosis: a quantitative DTI tractography studyBertrand Audoin
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Neuroimage 36:1324-30. 2007..A significantly larger number of connections between the left and right thalami was concurrently observed in the MS patients than in the control subjects, which suggests that the WM is endowed with reactive structural plasticity...
- Semiologic and electrophysiologic correlations in temporal lobe seizure subtypesLouis Maillard
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital de la Timone, Inserm EMI 99 26, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 45:1590-9. 2004..The purpose of the study was therefore to study the correlations of ictal semiology with the spatiotemporal pattern of discharge in temporal lobe seizures...
- Decreased basal fMRI functional connectivity in epileptogenic networks and contralateral compensatory mechanismsGaelle Bettus
Centre de Resonance Magnetique Biologique et Medicale, UMR CNRS 6612, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, Marseille, France
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1580-91. 2009..This is the first demonstration of decreased basal functional connectivity within epileptogenic networks with concomitant contralateral increased connectivity possibly reflecting compensatory mechanisms...
- Neural network underlying ictal humming demonstrated by very early SPECT: a case reportEric Guedj
Nuclear Medicine Department, INSERM U751, Timone Hospital, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 47:1968-70. 2006..MRI fusion of the registered ictal and interictal single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) substraction exhibited a left neural network involving lateral temporal, inferior frontal, and inferior parietal cortices...
- Combined functional MRI and tractography to demonstrate the connectivity of the human primary motor cortex in vivoMaxime Guye
The National Society of Epilepsy MRI Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, University College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 19:1349-60. 2003..The patient had differences in M1 connectivity from the control group. Thus, fMRI-correlated DTI-FMT is a promising tool to study the structural basis of functional networks in the human brain in vivo...
- Fear, anger and compulsive behavior during seizure: involvement of large scale fronto-temporal neural networksFabrice Bartolomeil
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, INSERM EMI U 99 26 Hôspital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Epileptic Disord 4:235-41. 2002..This patient underwent presurgical evaluation including intracerebral electroencephalographic recordings (SEEG, stereoelectroencephalography)...
- Metabolic and electrophysiological alterations in subtypes of temporal lobe epilepsy: a combined proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging and depth electrodes studyMaxime Guye
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique and Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie et Neuropsychologie, EMI U INSERM 9926, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 43:1197-209. 2002....
- Entorhinal cortex involvement in human mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: an electrophysiologic and volumetric studyFabrice Bartolomei
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique et Epileptologie and INSERM EMI 9926 CHU TIMONE et Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Epilepsia 46:677-87. 2005..The purpose of the study was to determine whether atrophy of the EC evaluated by the quantitative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) method is correlated with the epileptogenicity of this structure in TLE...
- Functional interactions in brain networks underlying epileptic seizures in bilateral diffuse periventricular heterotopiaLuc Valton
CHU Timone, Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, 264 rue St Pierre, 13005 Marseille, France
Clin Neurophysiol 119:212-23. 2008..Our aim was to investigate relationships between heterotopic and remote cortical structures at seizure initiation, in a patient with bilateral periventricular nodular heterotopias (BPNH) explored by intracerebral electrodes...
- Stereoelectroencephalography in presurgical assessment of MRI-negative epilepsyAileen McGonigal
INSERM, U 751, Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie et Neuropsychologie, Marseille, F 13000, France
Brain 130:3169-83. 2007..05). Of MRI-negative cases that underwent surgery, 10/23 (43%) had focal cortical dysplasia. This series showed that SEEG was equally effective in the presurgical evaluation of MRI-negative and lesional epilepsies...
- The role of corticothalamic coupling in human temporal lobe epilepsyMaxime Guye
Service de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Unité Epilepsy and Cognition INSERM U751, CHU Timone et Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
Brain 129:1917-28. 2006....