- Pharmacodynamic effects of a nonpeptide antidiuretic hormone V2 antagonist in cirrhotic patients with ascitesDominique Guyader
Clinique des maladies du foie and Inserm U522, Rennes, France
Hepatology 36:1197-205. 2002..0 hours after 100 mg to 22.6 hours after 200 mg. In conclusion, VPA induced a dose-related aquaretic response, suggesting a therapeutic potential in managing water retention in patients with liver cirrhosis with ascites...
- [Incidental ultrasound finding of a 3 cm liver nodule in a 45-year-old woman taking hormonal substitution after hysterectomy performed for cervix carcinoma]D Guyader
Service des Maladies du Foie, CHU Pontchaillou, rue Henri Le Guilloux, Rennes Cedex 09, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 33:F60-7. 2009..In recent years, the understanding of molecular mechanisms associated with adenoma occurrence allowed for the proposal of a new classification already of practical interest in the management of patients...
- Noninvasive prediction of fibrosis in C282Y homozygous hemochromatosisD Guyader
Clinique des Maladies du Foie and INSERM Unité 49, Rennes, France
Gastroenterology 115:929-36. 1998..The aim of this study was to define noninvasive factors predictive of severe fibrosis (bridging fibrosis or cirrhosis) to avoid unnecessary liver biopsies in such patients...
- [How to treat non-responders to antiviral bitherapy for hepatitis C?]Dominique Guyader
Service des Maladies du Foie et Inserm U522, CHU Rennes, Rennes
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:317-24. 2007
- Liver iron is a surrogate marker of severe fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CDominique Guyader
Liver unit and INSERM U522, University of Rennes, France
J Hepatol 46:587-95. 2007..However, the real impact of iron is still controversial. The study was undertaken to determine the effect of confounding variables. All factors known to influence both iron overload and fibrosis were taken into account...
- [Quantification of iron overload]D Guyader
Clinique des Maladies du Foie, CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes
Bull Acad Natl Med 184:337-47; discussion 347-8. 2000..Magnetic resonance imaging is a valuable tool when using T2 weighted gradient echo sequences on 1.5 Tesla magnet and permits non invasive iron overload quantification...
- Histologic features of the liver in insulin resistance-associated iron overload. A study of 139 patientsB Turlin
Laboratory of Pathology B, University Hospital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Am J Clin Pathol 116:263-70. 2001..Iron overload in IR-HIO was histologically different from that in genetic hemochromatosis...
- A genotypic study of 217 unrelated probands diagnosed as "genetic hemochromatosis" on "classical" phenotypic criteriaP Brissot
Clinique des Maladies du Foie, Pontchaillou University Hospital, Rennes, France
J Hepatol 30:588-93. 1999....
- Serum increase and liver overexpression of carbohydrate 19.9 antigen in patients with genetic haemochromatosisY M Deugnier
Clinique des Maladies du Foie, INSERM U49, Rennes, France
Gut 35:1107-11. 1994....
- Non-invasive assessment of hepatic iron stores by MRIY Gandon
Fédération d Imagerie Médicale, CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Lancet 363:357-62. 2004..We aimed to assess the accuracy of a simple, rapid, and easy to implement MRI procedure to detect and quantify hepatic iron stores...
- In patients with cirrhosis, serum albumin determination should be carried out by immunonephelometry rather than by protein electrophoresisM H Mendler
Clinique des Maladies du Foie and INSERM U 522, Rennes, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:1405-11. 1999..Serum albumin is a key parameter for prognosis in cirrhosis. We compared levels of serum albumin determined by both protein electrophoresis and immunonephelometry, with special reference to the Child-Pugh classification...
- Clinical aspects of hemochromatosisP Brissot
Clinique des Maladies du Foie and Liver Research Unit INSERM U 522, University Hospital Pontchaillou, rue H Le Guilloux, 35033 Rennes, France
Transfus Sci 23:193-200. 2000..The discovery of the HFE gene has also paved the road for the individualization of other types of iron overload syndromes which are not HFE-related...
- Interferon and ursodeoxycholic acid combined therapy in chronic viral C hepatitis: controlled randomized trial in 203 patientsE Boucher
Clinique des Maladies du Foie et INSERM U49, Hopital Pontchaillou Rennes, France
Dig Liver Dis 32:29-33. 2000....
- HFE based re-evaluation of heterozygous hemochromatosisRomain Moirand
Clinique des Maladies du Foie, Rennes, France
Am J Med Genet 111:356-61. 2002..The discovery of abnormal iron tests in a C282Y heterozygote should lead to workup for other causes of iron overload...
- Novel orally active iron chelators (3-hydroxypyridin-4-ones) enhance the biliary excretion of plasma non-transferrin-bound iron in ratsG Zanninelli
Liver Research Unit, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 49, Pontchaillou University Hospital, Rennes, France
J Hepatol 27:176-84. 1997..In light of the pathogenetic importance of NTBI in chronic iron overload, we have studied the ability of new orally active iron chelators to promote the biliary excretion of iron originating as plasma 55Fe-NTBI...
- Fibrillar collagen scoring by second harmonic microscopy: a new tool in the assessment of liver fibrosisLuc Gailhouste
INSERM U522, IFR 140, Universite de Rennes 1, Hopital Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
J Hepatol 52:398-406. 2010..In this study, we aimed to demonstrate the relevance of Second Harmonic Generation (SHG) for assessing and quantifying, without staining, fibrillar collagen in liver fibrosis...
- Reversibility of hepatic fibrosis in treated genetic hemochromatosis: a study of 36 casesLudivine Falize
Service des Maladies du Foie, CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Hepatology 44:472-7. 2006..If confirmed on larger series, this could modify the ultrasound screening policy of hepatocellular carcinoma in genetic hemochromatosis...
- Prediction of liver fibrosis in patients with features of the metabolic syndrome regardless of alcohol consumptionFabrice Lainé
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM 0203, CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Hepatology 39:1639-46. 2004....
- [Update on hemochromatosis]Olivier Loreal
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:D92-102. 2004
- High rate of long-term virological response after a 1-year course of interferon +/- ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C relapsers. Results of a 191 patients randomized trialEveline J Boucher
Service des Maladies du Foie and INSERM U 522, Hopital Pontchaillou, 35033 Rennes, France
Liver Int 23:255-61. 2003..General and hepatitis C data of group A and B patients were similar. The main goal of the study was to determine the rate of sustained virological response evaluated 1 year after treatment...
- A comparison of fibrosis progression in chronic liver diseasesThierry Poynard
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, et UPRESA 8067 CNRS, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Hepatol 38:257-65. 2003..No study has compared the liver fibrosis progression rates among chronic liver diseases and the risk factors in order to better organize screening strategies...
- [Maintenance therapy for chronic hepatitis C]Christian Trepo
Service d Hepato gastro enterologie, Hôpital de l Hôtel Dieu and Unité INSERM U871, 1 Place de l Hopital, 69288 Lyon Cedex 02
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:4S29-33. 2007..Potent new anti-HCV small molecules will soon become available and will undoubtedly increase dramatically the cure rate. It is critical therefore for the moment to protect as many patients as possible from irreversible deterioration...
- Noninvasive prediction of cirrhosis in C282Y-linked hemochromatosisMelanie Beaton
London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Hepatology 36:673-8. 2002....
- Fatal lactic acidosis in a HIV-positive patient treated with interferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis CDominique Guyader
J Hepatol 37:289-91. 2002