- Aluminium overload after 5 years in skin biopsy following post-vaccination with subcutaneous pseudolymphomaOlivier Guillard
CHU Poitiers, Department of Biochemistry, Poitiers, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 26:291-3. 2012..The possible release of Al may induce other pathologies ascribed to the well-known toxicity of this metal...
- An analytical procedure for the determination of aluminum used in antiperspirants on human skin in Franz™ diffusion cellOlivier Guillard
CHU Poitiers, Laboratoire de Biochimie, Poitiers, France
Toxicol Mech Methods 22:205-10. 2012..Precision analysis as within-run (n = 12) and between-run (n = 15-68 days) yield CV ≤ 6%. The high analytic sensitivity (2-3 µg/L) and low variability should allow an in vitro study of the transdermal uptake of ACH...
- Performance of ammonium dihydrogenphosphate-palladium nitrate by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrophotometer with Zeeman correction for optimized urinary manganese determination in a biological laboratoryOlivier Guillard
CHU Poitiers, Laboratoire de Biochimie, 86021 Poitiers, France
Anal Biochem 362:284-6. 2007
- Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors activate the p70S6 kinase via both mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK 1/2) signaling pathways in rat striatal and hippocampal synaptoneurosomesGuylène Page
Research Group on Brain Aging EA 3808, University of Poitiers, Cedex, France
Neurochem Int 49:413-21. 2006..The translational factor p70S6K could be involved in the group I mGluRs-modulated synaptic efficacy...
- Regulation of initiation factors controlling protein synthesis on cultured astrocytes in lactic acid-induced stressNadine Vantelon
Research Group on Brain Aging, University of Poitiers, Pôle de Biologie Santé, EA 3808, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, and Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Poitiers, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:689-700. 2007..Consequently, lactic acidosis cannot, by itself, provide an explanation for the decrease in protein synthesis previously reported in vivo in ischemia...
- Hyperaluminemia in a woman using an aluminum-containing antiperspirant for 4 yearsOlivier Guillard
Department of Toxicology, University Hospital, Poitiers, France
Am J Med 117:956-9. 2004
- Aluminum L-glutamate complex in rat brain cortex: in vivo prevention of aluminum deposit by magnesium D-aspartateRoger Deloncle
Laboratoire de Chimie Bioinorganique, Faculte de Pharmacie, 31 rue Monge, 37200 Tours Cedex, France
Brain Res 946:247-52. 2002..These data indicate that Mg D-Asp administration protects rat brain cortex from Al accumulation and suggest that this treatment may be useful in preventing brain Al intoxication...
- Free radical generation of protease-resistant prion after substitution of manganese for copper in bovine brain homogenateRoger Deloncle
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Bio Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, 31 Avenue Monge, 37200 Tours, France
Neurotoxicology 27:437-44. 2006..These findings suggest that an impairment in brain metal homeostasis leading to oxidative abnormalities may be involved in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies...
- Effect of consumption of food cooked in aluminium or stainless-steel pots on Bangladeshi children with calcium-deficient rickets: an eight month trialJean Paul Cimma
Association Shahidul, Varces, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 17:249-53. 2004..01). These results suggest that the nutrition may well be of major importance, whereas the role of aluminium appears to be insignificant...
- [Late-onset vaccination-induced subcutaneous pseudolymphoma]Sabrina Croce
Departement de Pathologie, CHU de Strasbourg, Hopital de Hautepierre, 1, Avenue Moliere, 67098 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Ann Pathol 28:146-9. 2008..The demonstration of aluminium by Morin staining and atomic absorption spectrometry on a paraffin-embedded tissue probe supported the diagnosis of a vaccination-induced pseudolymphoma...
- Determination of lead in whole blood: comparison of the LeadCare blood lead testing system with Zeeman longitudinal electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometryAlain Pineau
Laboratory of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Nantes, France
J Trace Elem Med Biol 16:113-7. 2002..95). The LCS is quite suitable for screening purposes, but requires the use of non-frozen blood collected less than 24 h before. Conservative threshold values should be applied when using the LCS for initial screening in the field...
- A case of acute lead poisoning in a 2-year-old childOlivier Guillard
Br J Clin Pharmacol 62:246-7. 2006