- Clinical Progression Rates by CD4 Cell Category Before and After the Initiation of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART)Marguerite Guiguet
INSERM U720, Paris, France
Open AIDS J 2:3-9. 2008..CONCLUSION: Within CD4 cell strata above 200 cells/mm(3), the risk of ADE before ART initiation is higher than it is following cART initiation...
- Hepatic steatosis in HIV-HCV coinfected patients receiving antiretroviral therapy is associated with HCV-related factors but not antiretroviralsValrie Martinez
Service de Mdecine Interne et Immunologie Clinique, Assistance publique Hpitaux de Paris, INSERM UMR_S 996, Universit Paris Sud, Hpital Antoine Bclre, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart, France
BMC Res Notes 5:180. 2012..In HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfected patients, the role of antiretroviral therapy (ART) on hepatic steatosis (HS) remains controversial...
- Effect of immunodeficiency, HIV viral load, and antiretroviral therapy on the risk of individual malignancies (FHDH-ANRS CO4): a prospective cohort studyMarguerite Guiguet
INSERM U943 and UPMC UMR S 943, Paris, France
Lancet Oncol 10:1152-9. 2009..We examined the effect of these factors on the risk of specific cancers in patients infected with HIV-1...
- CD4+ T-cell percentage is an independent predictor of clinical progression in AIDS-free antiretroviral-naive patients with CD4+ T-cell counts >200 cells/mm3Marguerite Guiguet
INSERM U943, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:451-7. 2009....
- Influence of control selection in nested case-control studies: the example of exposure to antiretroviral treatment (ART) and the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) in the French Hospital Database on HIV (FHDH-ANRS CO4)M Guiguet
INSERM U 720, Paris, France
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 17:468-74. 2008..With the previous full cohort analysis as reference, we investigated the influence of control selection in nested case-control studies sampled in this cohort by testing nine sampling scenarios...
- HIV-associated Isospora belli infection: incidence and risk factors in the French Hospital Database on HIVM Guiguet
INSERM U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:124-30. 2007..To determine the incidence of Isospora belli infection in HIV-infected patients in France, and to study risk factors...
- How does loss to follow-up influence cohort findings on HIV infection? A joint analysis of the French hospital database on HIV, Mortalité 2000 survey and death certificatesE Lanoy
INSERM, U720, Paris, France
HIV Med 10:236-45. 2009....
- Causes of the first AIDS-defining illness and subsequent survival before and after the advent of combined antiretroviral therapyS Grabar
Department of Public Health, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:246-56. 2008....
- Marked increase in the incidence of invasive anal cancer among HIV-infected patients despite treatment with combination antiretroviral therapyChristophe Piketty
AP HP, Department of Clinical Immunology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1203-11. 2008..To describe the cases of anal cancer that appeared in the French Hospital Database on HIV between 1992 and 2004 and to study risk factors of anal cancer...
- Comparative effectiveness of continuing a virologically effective first-line boosted protease inhibitor combination or of switching to a three-drug regimen containing either efavirenz, nevirapine or abacavirT Bommenel
INSERM U943, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:1869-77. 2011....
- Survival after neuroAIDS: association with antiretroviral CNS Penetration-Effectiveness scoreE Lanoy
INSERM U943, 56 Bd V Auriol, Paris Cedex 13, France
Neurology 76:644-51. 2011....
- Viral efficacy maintained and safety parameters improved with a reduced dose of stavudine: a pilot studyH Ait-Mohand
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 9:738-46. 2008..Stavudine (d4T) is a potent but potentially toxic nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that is still widely used in developing countries. This study's aim was to determine the efficacy and safety profile of lower-dose d4T...
- Impact of HIV infection on severity of imported malaria is restricted to patients with CD4 cell counts < 350 cells/microlChristian Mouala
INSERM U943, 56 Boulevard V Auriol, Paris Cedex 13, France
AIDS 23:1997-2004. 2009..To study the relative impact of HIV-1 infection and associated immunodepression on the severity of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in adults returning from areas of endemic malaria...
- Impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on the occurrence of bacteraemia in HIV-infected patients and their epidemiologic characteristicsJ L Meynard
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Antoine, INSERM U 444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, and Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
HIV Med 4:127-32. 2003..2. to identify risk factors for bacteraemia in this setting...
- [Comparison of infectious complications of long-term and short-term central venous catheterization]M Guiguet
CLIN, Hopital St Antoine, Paris
Presse Med 28:1347-51. 1999..Risk factors for infectious complications of central venous catheters (CVC) were compared between CVC used for short and long periods to identify patients at risk...
- HIV-associated tuberculosis and immigration in a high-income country: incidence trends and risk factors in recent yearsSophie Abgrall
INSERM U 943, Hopital Avicenne, Service de maladies infectieuses ettropicales, Bobigny, France
AIDS 24:763-71. 2010..To examine trends in tuberculosis incidence rates in France during the combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) period...
- Reliability of report coding of hospital referrals in primary care versus practice-based codingL Letrilliart
INSERM Unit 444, WHO Collaborating Centre for Electronic Disease Surveillance, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 16:653-9. 2000..We conclude that centralized coding is a reliable alternative to practice-based coding in primary care, provided that physicians give sufficiently specific information...
- [Predictive factors of virologic response to antiretroviral treatment with a protease inhibitor in HIV infection]J L Meynard
Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalo-Universitaire Saint-Antoine-AP-HP-Paris VI
Presse Med 30:5-10. 2001....
- Serum adiponectin and metabolic parameters in HIV-1-infected patients after substitution of nevirapine for protease inhibitorsJ M Petit
Hopital Universitaire du Bocage, Dijon, France
Eur J Clin Invest 34:569-75. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine whether adiponectin concentration or insulin sensitivity level correlate with the modifications of lipid parameters after the switch of PI by nevirapine...
- Major hypertriglyceridemia in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy: a role of the personal and family historyD Bollens
Infectious Diseases Unit, Saint Antoine Hospital, 184 rue du Faubourg, Saint Antoine, 75571, Paris Cedex 12, France
Infection 32:217-21. 2004..Our aim was to identify factors predisposing HIV-infected patients on long-term antiretroviral therapy (ART) to major hypertriglyceridemia (HTG)...
- Postdischarge nosocomial infections in primary careL Letrilliart
Unit 444, WHO Collaborating Center for Electronic Disease Surveillance, National Institute for Health and Medical Research, Paris 6 University, France
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 22:493-8. 2001..8% following nonsurgical admissions. The percentage of postdischarge visits that were for an NI in nonsurgical patients warrants a major effort with feedback to the hospital physician to reduce infection rates...
- [Evaluation of compliance with antiretroviral treatment in a cohort of 200 patients in Djibouti, 2005]A A Ahmed
Ministere de la Sante, Djibouti
East Mediterr Health J 13:1286-97. 2007..In multivariate analysis, community support and level of education protected against non-compliance. Patients having already missed a dose and those dissatisfied with confidentiality had a 4 times greater risk of non-compliance...
- [Complications due to peripheral venous catheterization. Prospective study]F Barbut
Unité d hygiène et de lutte contre les infections nosocomiales UHLIN Hôpital Saint Antoine 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine 75012 Paris
Presse Med 32:450-6. 2003..Peripheral venous catheter (PVC)-associated complications were prospectively evaluated in a 2 month-study performed in 3 different wards...
- Postdischarge adverse drug reactions in primary care originating from hospital care in France: a nationwide prospective studyL Letrilliart
WHO Collaborating Centre for Electronic Disease Surveillance, National Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM, , France
Drug Saf 24:781-92. 2001..Patient information in hospital, close postdischarge follow-up of patients at risk, and appropriate transmission of information between hospital physicians and GPs can help to prevent them...