Bruno P Guiard
- The monoaminergic tripartite synapse: a putative target for currently available antidepressant drugsGaël Quesseveur
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, EA3544, University of Paris X1, 92290 Chatenay Malabry, Cedex, France
Curr Drug Targets 14:1277-94. 2013....
- 5-HT2 ligands in the treatment of anxiety and depressionGaël Quesseveur
EA3544 University Paris XI, Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie, Fac Pharmacie, F 92296, Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 21:1701-25. 2012..In this context, the 5-HT(2) receptor subtypes represent promising targets but their precise roles have yet to be determined...
- Functional status of somatodendritic serotonin 1A autoreceptor after long-term treatment with fluoxetine in a mouse model of anxiety/depression based on repeated corticosterone administrationQuentin Rainer
Equipe d Accueil 3544, Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie, Universite Paris XI, Chatenay Malabry, France
Mol Pharmacol 81:106-12. 2012..These results provide cellular explanations for the antidepressant effects produced by SSRIs in subjects with pathological conditions but not in naive animals or healthy volunteers...
- Prospect of a dopamine contribution in the next generation of antidepressant drugs: the triple reuptake inhibitorsBruno P Guiard
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa K1Z7K4 ON, Canada
Curr Drug Targets 10:1069-84. 2009..This review synthetizes the pertinent litterature, focusing on the contribution of DA, to illustrate the rationale for designing improved antidepressants...
- Effects of acute and sustained administration of the catecholamine reuptake inhibitor nomifensine on the firing activity of monoaminergic neuronsNoam S Katz
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Psychopharmacol 24:1223-35. 2010..Nomifensine likely treated depression by acting on dopamine, norepinephrine and 5-HT neurons, highlighting the importance of the functional connectivity between these three monoaminergic systems...
- Interest of using genetically manipulated mice as models of depression to evaluate antidepressant drugs activity: a reviewAlain M Gardier
Fac Pharmacie, Univ Paris Sud, EA 3544, Chatenay Malabry Cedex F 92296, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:23-42. 2009....
- Relevance of norepinephrine-dopamine interactions in the treatment of major depressive disorderMostafa El Mansari
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ontario, Canada
CNS Neurosci Ther 16:e1-17. 2010..The elucidation of such relationships can help design new treatment strategies for MDD, especially treatment-resistant depression...
- Consequences of changes in BDNF levels on serotonin neurotransmission, 5-HT transporter expression and function: studies in adult mice hippocampusThierry Deltheil
Univ Paris Sud, EA 3544, Fac Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry Cedex F 92296, France
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:174-83. 2008..Thus, the neurochemical sight of this question will be addressed here by examining the consequences of either a constitutive decrease or increase in brain BDNF protein levels on hippocampal extracellular levels of 5-HT in conscious mice...
- Substance P neurokinin 1 receptor activation within the dorsal raphe nucleus controls serotonin release in the mouse frontal cortexBruno P Guiard
Univ Paris Sud EA 3544, Fac Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry cedex F92296, France
Mol Pharmacol 72:1411-8. 2007..A better knowledge of the complex relationship between tachykininergic, serotonergic, and glutamatergic systems within the DRN might help better understand the pathophysiology and subsequent treatment of depression...
- A longitudinal study of 5-HT outflow during chronic fluoxetine treatment using a new technique of chronic microdialysis in a highly emotional mouse strainDaniela Popa
Univ Paris Sud, EA 3544, Fac Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Eur J Pharmacol 628:83-90. 2010....
- Cross-talk between dopaminergic and noradrenergic systems in the rat ventral tegmental area, locus ceruleus, and dorsal hippocampusBruno P Guiard
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, K1Z 7K4, Ontario, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 74:1463-75. 2008..These findings might help in designing new antidepressant strategies aimed at enhancing DA and NE neurotransmission...
- Microdialysis approach to study serotonin outflow in mice following selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and substance P (neurokinin 1) receptor antagonist administration: a reviewBruno P Guiard
Laboratoire de Neuropharmacologie, EA 3544 MJENR, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5, rue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Curr Drug Targets 7:187-201. 2006..This review describes our current knowledge of the role of SP and its preferred NK1 receptors mainly in the modulation of brain serotonergic activity...
- Antidepressant and anxiolytic potential of the multimodal antidepressant vortioxetine (Lu AA21004) assessed by behavioural and neurogenesis outcomes in miceJean Philippe Guilloux
Univ Paris Sud, EA3544, Faculte de Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry F 92296, France
Neuropharmacology 73:147-59. 2013..Vortioxetine effects were observed at low levels of 5-HT transporter occupancy, suggesting an alternative mechanism of action to 5-HT reuptake inhibition...