Genomes and Genes
- Hepatic expression patterns of inflammatory and immune response genes associated with obesity and NASH in morbidly obese patientsAdeline Bertola
INSERM U895, Team 8 Hepatic complications of obesity, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 5:e13577. 2010..We aimed at identifying expression patterns of inflammatory and immune response genes specifically associated with obesity and NASH in the liver of morbidly obese patients...
- The osteopontin level in liver, adipose tissue and serum is correlated with fibrosis in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseStéphanie Patouraux
INSERM, U1065, Equipe 8, Complications Hépatiques de l Obésité, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 7:e35612. 2012..We aimed to quantify the liver, adipose tissue and serum levels of OPN in heavy alcohol drinkers and to compare them with the histological severity of hepatic inflammation and fibrosis...
- Serum markers of hepatocyte death and apoptosis are non invasive biomarkers of severe fibrosis in patients with alcoholic liver diseaseVanessa Jeannette Lavallard
Team 8, Hepatic complications of obesity, INSERM, U895, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17599. 2011..Our aims were to quantify and correlate the circulating levels of Cytokeratin 18 (CK18) and its caspases-generated fragment to disease severity in heavy alcoholics...
- Positive and negative regulation of insulin signaling through IRS-1 phosphorylationPhilippe Gual
Inserm U 568 Molecular signaling and obesity IFR 50 Faculté de medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 2, France
Biochimie 87:99-109. 2005..Understanding how these agents inhibit IRS1 functions as well as identification of kinases involved in these inhibitory effects may provide novel targets for development of strategies to prevent insulin resistance...
- Positive and negative regulation of glucose uptake by hyperosmotic stressP Gual
INSERM U 568 and IFR 50, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
Diabetes Metab 29:566-75. 2003..Understanding how osmotic stress induces glucose transport or mediates insulin resistance may provide novel targets for strategies to enhance glucose transport or to prevent insulin resistance...
- Alteration in insulin action: role of IRS-1 serine phosphorylation in the retroregulation of insulin signallingJ F Tanti
INSERM Unité U 568, Faculty of Medicine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 65:43-8. 2004..Such studies may enable rational drug design to selectively inhibit the activity of the relevant enzymes and generate a novel class of therapeutic agents for type 2 diabetes...
- Fatty acid-induced insulin resistance: role of insulin receptor substrate 1 serine phosphorylation in the retroregulation of insulin signallingY Le Marchand-Brustel
INSERM Unité U 568, Faculty of Medicine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
Biochem Soc Trans 31:1152-6. 2003..Identification of IRS-1 kinases could enable rational drug design in order to selectively inhibit the activity of the relevant enzymes and generate a novel class of therapeutic agents for type 2 diabetes...
- Involvement of TNF-alpha in abnormal adipocyte and muscle sortilin expression in obese mice and humansV Kaddai
INSERM U895, Mediterranean Center of Molecular Medicine C3M, Bâtiment Archimed, Nice Cedex 3, France
Diabetologia 52:932-40. 2009..Our goal was to determine whether proteins controlling GLUT4 trafficking are altered in insulin resistance linked to obesity...
- MAP kinases and mTOR mediate insulin-induced phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 on serine residues 307, 612 and 632P Gual
INSERM U568 and IFR50, Faculte de Medecine, Nice Cedex 02, France
Diabetologia 46:1532-42. 2003..We aimed at identifying serine residues in IRS-1 phosphorylated in response to insulin stimulation and at determining the involved kinases...
- Hyperosmotic stress inhibits insulin receptor substrate-1 function by distinct mechanisms in 3T3-L1 adipocytesPhilippe Gual
INSERM U 568 and l Institut Fédératif de Recherches 50, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
J Biol Chem 278:26550-7. 2003..On the other hand, prolonged osmotic stress alters IRS-1 function by inducing its degradation, which could contribute to the down-regulation of insulin action...
- Osteopontin deficiency aggravates hepatic injury induced by ischemia-reperfusion in miceS Patouraux
1 INSERM, U1065, Centre Méditerranéen de Médecine Moléculaire C3M, Equipe 8 Complications hépatiques de l obésité, Nice, France 2 Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France 3 Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nice, Pôle Biologique, Hopital Pasteur, Nice, France
Cell Death Dis 5:e1208. 2014..This could be due to its ability to partially prevent death of hepatocytes and to limit the production of toxic iNOS-derived NO by macrophages...
- [Metabolic fatty liver diseases: hepatic consequences of the metabolic syndrome]Rodolphe Anty
INSERM, U568, Nice
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:1127-34. 2007..Drugs such as thiazolidinediones, known to reduce insulin resistance and inflammation, still need further evaluation...
- [Obesity, diabetes and insulin resistance. Alterations of insulin signalling]Yannick Le Marchand-Brustel
INSERM, U568, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice 02, France
J Soc Biol 200:93-7. 2006..The role of the ERK1 isoform in the development of adipose tissue and insulin sensitivity is also presented...
- Hepatocyte growth factor induces glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes through A Gab1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Glut4 pathwayAdeline Bertola
INSERM, U 568, F 06107 Nice, France, Universite de Nice Sophia Antipolis, Faculte de Medecine, F 06107, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 282:10325-32. 2007..These data provide the first evidence that in vitro HGF promotes glucose uptake through a Gab1/PI 3-kinase/PKB/AS160 pathway which was altered in tumor necrosis factor alpha-treated adipocytes...
- Interaction of Janus kinases JAK-1 and JAK-2 with the insulin receptor and the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptorP Gual
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 145, Faculte de Medecine, Nice, France
Endocrinology 139:884-93. 1998....
- Enigma interacts with adaptor protein with PH and SH2 domains to control insulin-induced actin cytoskeleton remodeling and glucose transporter 4 translocationRomain Barres
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 568, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
Mol Endocrinol 20:2864-75. 2006....
- A Crk-II/TC10 signaling pathway is required for osmotic shock-stimulated glucose transportPhilippe Gual
INSERM U 568 and IFR 50, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice, Cedex 02, France
J Biol Chem 277:43980-6. 2002..These data provide the first evidence that activation of TC10 and remodeling of cortical actin, which could occur through the TC10 signaling, are required for osmotic shock-mediated Glut 4 translocation and glucose uptake...
- A new composite model including metabolic syndrome, alanine aminotransferase and cytokeratin-18 for the diagnosis of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in morbidly obese patientsR Anty
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Nice, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:1315-22. 2010..Non-invasive approaches are useful to differentiate simple steatosis from non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in obese and morbidly obese patients...
- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptakePhilippe Gual
INSERM U 568, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France
Methods Enzymol 428:343-54. 2007....
- The inflammatory C-reactive protein is increased in both liver and adipose tissue in severely obese patients independently from metabolic syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, and NASHRodolphe Anty
INSERM U 568, Nice, France
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1824-33. 2006..Its clinical usefulness in the diagnosis of NASH was evaluated in severely obese patients without or with MS, diabetes, and NASH and the potential roles of the liver and of the adipose tissue in CRP production were characterized...
- Reduced activation of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and increased serine 636 phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 in primary culture of skeletal muscle cells from patients with type 2 diabetesKarim Bouzakri
INSERM U449 and CRNHL, IFR 62, R Laennec Medical Faculty, F 69370 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Diabetes 52:1319-25. 2003..Moreover, increased MAPK activity seems to play a role in the phosphorylation of IRS-1 on serine residue in human muscle cells...
- Increased adipose tissue expression of hepcidin in severe obesity is independent from diabetes and NASHSoumeya Bekri
Laboratoire d Hépato Gastroentérologie, EA1186, Faculté Médecine de Nice, Nice, France
Gastroenterology 131:788-96. 2006..We have investigated the possible involvement of hepcidin in massive obesity, a state of chronic low-grade inflammation. Three groups of severely obese patients with or without diabetes or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis were investigated...
- Glucose intolerance and hypoadiponectinemia are already present in lean patients with chronic hepatitis C infected with genotype non-3 virusesRodolphe Anty
Centre Hospitalier de Nice, pole digestif, Nice, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:671-7. 2007....