- Deciphering synonymous codons in the three domains of life: co-evolution with specific tRNA modification enzymesHenri Grosjean
Universite Paris Sud, CNRS, UMR8621, Institut de Génétique et de Microbiologie, Orsay F 91405, France
FEBS Lett 584:252-64. 2010....
- RNomics and Modomics in the halophilic archaea Haloferax volcanii: identification of RNA modification genesHenri Grosjean
Department of Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainsville, FL 32611, Florida, USA
BMC Genomics 9:470. 2008....
- Acquisition of a bacterial RumA-type tRNA(uracil-54, C5)-methyltransferase by Archaea through an ancient horizontal gene transferJaunius Urbonavicius
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91190, Gif sur Yvette, France
Mol Microbiol 67:323-35. 2008..This functional shift probably occurred in an ancestor of all Thermococcales. This study also provides new evidence in favour of a close relationship between Thermococcales and Nanoarchaea...
- The crystal structure of Pyrococcus abyssi tRNA (uracil-54, C5)-methyltransferase provides insights into its tRNA specificityHélène Walbott
Enzymology and Structural Biochemistry Laboratory, CNRS, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4929-40. 2008..We also predict that a large TPsiC loop conformational change has to occur for the flipping of the target uridine into the (Pab)TrmU54 active site during catalysis...
- Specificity shifts in the rRNA and tRNA nucleotide targets of archaeal and bacterial m5U methyltransferasesSylvie Auxilien
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
RNA 17:45-53. 2011..abyssi 23S rRNA. The findings indicate that PAB0719 and PAB0760 originated as RlmD-type m(5)U methyltransferases and underwent changes in target specificity after their acquisition by a Thermococcales ancestor from a bacterial source...
- Biosynthesis of wyosine derivatives in tRNA: an ancient and highly diverse pathway in ArchaeaVALERIE DE CRECY-LAGARD
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, FL, USA
Mol Biol Evol 27:2062-77. 2010..Finally, we proposed that the duplication of the trm5 gene in some Archaea led to a change in function from N1 methylation of guanosine to C7 methylation of 4-demethylwyosine (imG-14)...
- Comparative RNomics and modomics in Mollicutes: prediction of gene function and evolutionary implicationsVALERIE DE CRECY-LAGARD
Department of Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611 0700, USA
IUBMB Life 59:634-58. 2007....
- Archease from Pyrococcus abyssi improves substrate specificity and solubility of a tRNA m5C methyltransferaseSylvie Auxilien
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 282:18711-21. 2007..This P. abyssi system possibly reflects the general function of archeases in preventing protein aggregation and modulating the function of their accompanying proteins...
- Identity elements required for enzymatic formation of N2,N2-dimethylguanosine from N2-monomethylated derivative and its possible role in avoiding alternative conformations in archaeal tRNAJaunius Urbonavicius
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, 1 ave de la terrasse, Batiment 34, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Mol Biol 357:387-99. 2006....
- Life without the essential bacterial tRNA Ile2-lysidine synthetase TilS: a case of tRNA gene recruitment in Bacillus subtilisCeline Fabret
IGM, CNRS, UMR 8621, Orsay, F 91405, France
Mol Microbiol 80:1062-74. 2011..Results are in agreement with rare cases of eubacteria (and archaea), which naturally lack the tilS gene (or tiaS in archaea) but contain a tRNA(Ile2) gene containing a TAT instead of a CAT anticodon...
- Pseudouridine formation in archaeal RNAs: The case of Haloferax volcaniiIan K Blaby
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 0700, USA
RNA 17:1367-80. 2011..coli, respectively. Finally, we demonstrate that HVO_1852, the TruA/Pus3 homolog, is responsible for the pseudouridylation of position 39 in H. volcanii tRNAs and that the corresponding gene is not essential...
- Identification of a novel gene encoding a flavin-dependent tRNA:m5U methyltransferase in bacteria--evolutionary implicationsJaunius Urbonavicius
CNRS, Enzymology and Structural Biochemistry Laboratory 1 avenue de la Terrasse, F 91198, Gif sur Yvette, France
Nucleic Acids Res 33:3955-64. 2005....
- Detection of enzymatic activity of transfer RNA modification enzymes using radiolabeled tRNA substratesHenri Grosjean
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Methods Enzymol 425:55-101. 2007..The methods require only a few micrograms of purified tRNA and can be run at low cost in any laboratory...
- Lack of pseudouridine 38/39 in the anticodon arm of yeast cytoplasmic tRNA decreases in vivo recoding efficiencyFrançois Lecointe
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et de Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, Bat 34, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 277:30445-53. 2002..Therefore, the presence of pseudouridine 38 or 39 in the tRNA anticodon arm enhances misreading of certain codons by natural nonsense tRNAs as well as promotes frameshifting on slippery sequences in yeast...