- Test-retest reliability of the Temperament and Character Inventory in patients with opiate dependenceDavid Gourion
Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, INSERM E0117, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 118:81-8. 2003..Further studies are required to confirm these results on larger clinical samples...
- [Events of life and links with severe depression at different ages]D Gourion
17, rue des Marronniers 75016 Paris
Encephale 35:S250-6. 2009..Suitable treatment of depression in elderly reduces the symptoms, prevents suicidal ideation, improves cognitive and functional status in order to improve the recovery of a good quality of life, as well as the mortality risk...
- Early environment and major depression in young adults: a longitudinal studyDavid Gourion
Research Unit on Children s Psychosocial Maladjustment GRIP, University of Montreal, Sainte Justine Hospital Research Center, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Canada
Psychiatry Res 161:170-6. 2008..This study could enhance understanding of the links between early post-natal environment and affective disorders later in life...
- [Antidepressants and their onset of action: a major clinical, methodological and pronostical issue]D Gourion
Service Hospitalo Universitaire, INSERM 0117, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7, rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Encephale 34:73-81. 2008....
- [Switch antidepressants: when? How? Why?]D Gourion
Encephale 37:S50-7. 2011..In the remaining non-response cases, changing therapeutic class is the more logical course and may be slightly more efficacious than the switch within the same class...
- Augmentation strategies of clozapine with antipsychotics in the treatment of ultraresistant schizophreniaFaycal Mouaffak
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Université René Descartes and INSERM E0117, Sainte Anne Hospital, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:28-33. 2006..Among these strategies, the combined use of clozapine with another antipsychotic has been reported for up to 35% of patients receiving clozapine...
- Neurological soft signs in patients with schizophrenia and their unaffected siblings: frequency and correlates in two ethnic and socioeconomic distinct populationsAnwar Mechri
Research Laboratory Vulnerability to Psychotic Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Monastir, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 259:218-26. 2009..These studies provide a confirmation in two distinct samples of the high prevalence of NSS in patients with schizophrenia, and in their biological relatives, independently of their respective ethnic and socioeconomic origins...
- Population-based and family-based association study of 5'UTR polymorphism of the reelin gene and schizophreniaCeline Goldberger
INSERM E117, Université de Paris 5, CH Sainte Anne, 2ter rue d Alesia, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 137:51-5. 2005..2 (CI = [1.4;12.4]). Our results weakly support an association of reelin gene variants with schizophrenia as a whole, yet suggest that reelin could be associated with treatment-resistant schizophrenia...
- Neurological soft-signs and minor physical anomalies in schizophrenia: differential transmission within familiesDavid Gourion
Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Schizophr Res 63:181-7. 2003..10; F = 0.7; df = 17.17; ns). We thus found a direct evidence for the intra-familial transmission of NSS but not of MPAs, suggesting that this morphological phenotypic trait could be more dependent on epigenetic influences...
- Age at onset of schizophrenia: interaction between brain-derived neurotrophic factor and dopamine D3 receptor gene variantsDavid Gourion
INSERM E117, Centre Paul Broca, 75014 Paris, France
Neuroreport 16:1407-10. 2005..Our findings show that this gene-gene interaction was significantly associated with an earlier emergence of psychosis by 3 years...
- Cerebellum development and schizophrenia: an association study of the human homeogene Engrailed 2David Gourion
INSERM E117, SHU Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 126:93-8. 2004..We found no significant association of schizophrenia with this bi-nucleotide repeat polymorphism of the EN2 gene...
- Minor physical anomalies in patients with schizophrenia and their parents: prevalence and pattern of craniofacial abnormalitiesDavid Gourion
INSERM E0117, Service Hospitalo Universitaire, Hopital Sainte Anne, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Psychiatry Res 125:21-8. 2004..This revised scale thus appears to be a useful complementary tool in pathophysiological studies aiming at the identification of developmental factors in schizophrenia...
- De novo mutations in the gene encoding the synaptic scaffolding protein SHANK3 in patients ascertained for schizophreniaJulie Gauthier
Department of Medicine, Centre of Excellence in Neuromics of Université de Montréal, Centre Hospitalier de L Universite de Montreal Research Center, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC H2L 2W5, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7863-8. 2010..As mutations in SHANK3 were previously reported in autism, the occurrence of SHANK3 mutations in subjects with a schizophrenia phenotype suggests a molecular genetic link between these two neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Somatic augmentation strategies in clozapine resistance--what facts?Constantin Tranulis
Psychiatry Department, University of Montréal Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:34-44. 2006..Several somatic augmentation strategies are proposed in the scientific literature, with different levels of evidence for safety and efficacy...