- Diabetes and oral contraceptionPierre Gourdy
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, CHU de Toulouse, France
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 27:67-76. 2013..Thanks to their metabolic and vascular safety profile, progestin-only contraceptives, as well as non-hormonal methods, represent alternatives according to patient wishes...
- Hormonal contraception in women at risk of vascular and metabolic disorders: guidelines of the French Society of EndocrinologyPierre Gourdy
Service de Diabetologie, Maladies metaboliques et nutrition, CHU de Toulouse, INSERM U1048, Institut des Maladies Métaboliques et Cardiovasculaires, 31059 Toulouse, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 73:469-87. 2012....
- Periodontal treatment to improve glycaemic control in diabetic patients: study protocol of the randomized, controlled DIAPERIO trialJean Noel Vergnes
Department of Dentistry, Toulouse University Hospital CHU de Toulouse and Toulouse Dental School, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Trials 10:65. 2009..The main objective of this clinical trial is to assess whether periodontal treatment could lead to a decrease in glycated haemoglobin levels in metabolically unbalanced diabetic patients suffering from chronic periodontitis...
- The atheroprotective effect of 17beta-estradiol depends on complex interactions in adaptive immunityRima Elhage
INSERM U589, IFR31, Institut L Bugnard, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Am J Pathol 167:267-74. 2005..These results point to additional lymphocyte-dependent mechanisms such as modulating the interactions among lymphocytes and between lymphocytes and endothelial and/or antigen-presenting cells...
- Estradiol administration controls eosinophilia through estrogen receptor-alpha activation during acute peritoneal inflammationVictorine Douin-Echinard
INSERM, U858, Toulouse Cedex 4, France
J Leukoc Biol 90:145-54. 2011..This specific, suppressive effect of chronic E2 replacement therapy on eosinophils has to be integrated to further understand the evolution of eosinophil-associated diseases in menopausal women...
- Estrogens in vascular biology and disease: where do we stand today?Jean Francois Arnal
Department of Vascular Biology and Atherothrombosis, INSERM U858 I2MR, CHU Toulouse Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Curr Opin Lipidol 18:554-60. 2007..There is also evidence for a thrombogenic effect of oral estrogens. An understanding of the deleterious and beneficial effects of estrogens is thus required...
- Transforming growth factor activity is a key determinant for the effect of estradiol on fatty streak deposit in hypercholesterolemic micePierre Gourdy
INSERM U858, Institut de Medecine Moleculaire de Rangueil, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2214-21. 2007..In the present work, the role of several major pro- and antiinflammatory cytokines involved in the atheromatous process was evaluated in the effect of estradiol on fatty streak constitution...
- Estrogen receptors and endotheliumJean Francois Arnal
INSERM U858 I2MC, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Toulouse et Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, de Toulouse, BP 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1506-12. 2010..In contrast, AF-1 is necessary for the E2 actions in reproductive targets. Thus, it appears conceivable to uncouple the vasculoprotective and sexual actions with appropriate selective ER modulators...
- [Usefulness of experimental models to understand the vascular effects of estrogens]Jean Francois Arnal
Inserm U 589 et Physiologie Médicale, CHU Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse, France
Med Sci (Paris) 19:1226-32. 2003..A better understanding of the mechanisms of estrogens on the normal and atheromatous arteries is required and should help to optimize the prevention of cardiovascular disease after menopause...
- Estrogens protect against high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance and glucose intolerance in miceElodie Riant
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 858, Institut de Medecine Moleculaire de Rangueil, Boite Postale 84225, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Endocrinology 150:2109-17. 2009..In conclusion, the regulation of the ERalpha pathway could represent an effective strategy to reduce the impact of high-fat diet-induced type 2 diabetes...