- [Intestinal transplantation: indications and strategy]Olivier Goulet
Gastroenterologie, Hépatologie et Nutrition Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Université de Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sèvres 75743 Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 196:375-80; discussion 380-1. 2012..The medico-surgical therapeutic strategy must be discussed early in order to ensure that ITx is performed at the right time in optimal conditions...
- Microvillous inclusion disease (microvillous atrophy)Frank M Ruemmele
INSERM EMI 0212, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 1:22. 2006..Early small bowel transplantation resulting in intestinal autonomy gives new hope for disease management and outcome...
- Intestinal transplantation in children: Paris experienceOlivier Goulet
Combined Program of Liver and Intestinal Transplantation, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Transplant Proc 34:1887-8. 2002
- Outcome and long-term growth after extensive small bowel resection in the neonatal period: a survey of 87 childrenO Goulet
Gastroenterology and Nutrition Department, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 15:95-101. 2005..This retrospective study aims to analyze the outcome, the prognosis factors and the long-term growth of children after extensive small bowel (SB) resection in the neonatal period...
- Intestinal epithelial dysplasia (tufting enteropathy)Olivier Goulet
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition and Reference Center for Rare Digestive Disease, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, Cedex 15, 75743 Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:20. 2007..IED becomes an indication for intestinal transplantation, while timing of referral for it is crucial before the onset of severe complications...
- Intestinal transplantationOlivier Goulet
Combined Programme of Intestinal Transplantation Hôspital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Indian J Pediatr 70:737-42. 2003..The goal of this short review is to deal with indications, clinical results and complications of ITx. Although it has been used in humans for the past two decades, very few data are available regarding graft function and its monitoring...
- Irreversible intestinal failureOlivier Goulet
Département de gastroentérologie, Hépatologie et Nutrition Pédiatriques, Hôpital Necker Infants Malades and INSERM, Faculté de Necker, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:250-69. 2004..This review discusses the causes of irreversible IF and emphasizes the specific medico-surgical strategies for prevention and treatment of these conditions at several stages of IF...
- Liver-induced immune tolerance in recipients of combined liver-intestine transplantsO Goulet
Integrated Program of Intestinal Failure, Home Parenteral Nutrition and Intestinal Transplantation, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades and Faculté de Médecine René Descartes, Paris, France
Transplant Proc 37:1689-90. 2005
- Results of the Paris program: ten years of pediatric intestinal transplantationO Goulet
Combined Program of Intestinal Failure Home Parenteral Nutrition, UFR Necker Enfants Malades, National Reference Centre for Rare Digestive Diseases, FAMA de Transplantation Intestinale, AP HP, Paris, France
Transplant Proc 37:1667-70. 2005
- Intestinal transplantation including the colon in childrenOlivier Goulet
Combined Program of Liver and Intestinal Transplantation, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Transplant Proc 34:1885-6. 2002
- Intestinal transplantation: indications, results and strategyO Goulet
Intestinal Transplantation Group, Necker Enfants Malades University Hospital, Paris, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 3:329-38. 2000..According to the current results, this challenging procedure may be performed in children or adults, only under certain conditions...
- [Can intestinal transplantation constitute treatment for intestinal failure?]O Goulet
Service de gastro entérologie et nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris
Ann Chir 53:412-21. 1999..Transplantation of the small bowel alone remains the first option, as combined liver-small bowel grafting is only indicated in case of life-threatening progressive cirrhogenic liver disease...
- Intestinal transplantationO Goulet
Service de gastroentérologie et nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2:315-21. 1999..This short review focuses on the current clinical results and indications for intestinal transplantation and discusses the strategy regarding this challenging procedure...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of a new olive oil-based intravenous fat emulsion in pediatric patients: a double-blind randomized studyO Goulet
Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Am J Clin Nutr 70:338-45. 1999..A new intravenous lipid emulsion (ILE) prepared from a mixture of soybean and olive oils contains only long-chain triacylglycerols, with a low proportion (20%) of polyunsaturated fatty acids and 60% monounsaturated fatty acids...
- Long-term outcome, growth and digestive function in children 2 to 18 years after intestinal transplantationF Lacaille
Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology Nutrition Unit, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Gut 57:455-61. 2008..In this retrospective study, we analysed graft functions in 31 children after SBTx with a follow-up of 2-18 years (median 7 years)...
- Is intestinal transplantation the future of children with definitive intestinal insufficiency?F Sauvat
UFR Necker Enfants Malades, University Rene Descartes Paris V, FAMA de Transplantation Intestinale, AP HP and the, National Reference Centre for Rare Digestive Diseases, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 18:368-71. 2008..However, IT still has to demonstrate its benefit to children on long-term parenteral nutrition (PN). We tried to clarify this aspect by looking back at our 13 years' experience...
- Factors influencing outcome after intestinal transplantation in childrenF Sauvat
UFR Necker Enfants Malades, University Rene Descartes Paris V, FAMA de Transplantation Intestinale, AP HP, 149 rue de Sevres, 757015 Paris, France
Transplant Proc 38:1689-91. 2006..05). Colon transplant did not affect the outcome. Interleukin-2 blockers improved isolated ITx (P < .05). Early referral and close monitoring of intestinal failure and related disorders are mandatory to achieve successful ITx...
- Dietary treatment of cows' milk protein allergy in childhood: a commentary by the Committee on Nutrition of the French Society of PaediatricsC Dupont
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles Digestives Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, 149 rue de Sevres, Paris, France
Br J Nutr 107:325-38. 2012..Some children with CMPA will tolerate only a limited daily amount of CMP. The current therapeutic options are designed to accelerate the acquisition of tolerance thereof, which seems to be facilitated by repeated exposure to CMP...
- Prepubertal growth in children with long-term parenteral nutritionV Colomb
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Horm Res 58:2-6. 2002..In case of any deflection away from the individual growth curve, it is recommended to adjust the PN supply early, especially nitrogen supply...
- Evaluation of c4d deposition and circulating antibody in small bowel transplantationN Patey Mariaud de Serre
Necker Enfants Malades Pathology, tumorothèque, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 8:1290-6. 2008..However, the grading of vascular lesions may constitute a useful marker to identify AR that is potentially resistant to standard treatment, and for which an alternative therapy should be considered...
- Fecal tumor necrosis factor-alpha and calprotectin as differential diagnostic markers for severe diarrhea of small infantsN Kapel
Laboratory of Functional Coprology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:396-400. 2005..We aimed to evaluate in a prospective manner the use of fecal inflammatory markers in the differential diagnosis of severe persistent diarrhea...
- The efficacy of exclusive nutritional therapy in paediatric Crohn's disease, comparing fractionated oral vs. continuous enteral feedingA Rubio
Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:1332-9. 2011..Nutritional therapy has an established role as induction therapy in paediatric Crohn's disease. However, compliance is the main difficulty and may be greatly influenced by the administration route...
- Clinical quiz. Choledocholithiasis with subsequent bile linkageJoseph F Fitzgerald
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Radiology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:281, 323. 2004
- Indications and results of surgery in patients with Crohn's disease with onset under 10 years of age: a series of 18 patientsA I Dokucu
Paediatric Surgery Department, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 12:180-5. 2002..A disease-free interval after surgery may provide an important time for improved growth and pubertal development and a return to nearly normal life for a long time...
- Cutaneous manifestations of immune dysregulation, polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X-linked (IPEX) syndromeM Halabi-Tawil
Department of Dermatology, APHP, Nôpital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 160:645-51. 2009..IPEX syndrome is caused by mutations in FOXP3, a master control gene of regulatory T cells (Tregs), resulting in absent or dysfunctional Tregs. Data in the literature are scarce and the cutaneous manifestations are rarely depicted...
- Role of lipid emulsions in cholestasis associated with long-term parenteral nutrition in childrenV Colomb
Gastroentérologie et Nutrition Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 24:345-50. 2000..In children who depend on long-term parenteral nutrition (PN), liver disease is a major complication that may lead to end-stage liver failure requiring liver transplantation...
- Clinical evidence for immunomodulatory effects of probiotic bacteriaF M Ruemmele
Department of Pediatrics, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:126-41. 2009....
- Induction of T lymphocyte apoptosis by sulphasalazine in patients with Crohn's diseaseJ Doering
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paediatric Gastroenterology, INSERM EMI 0212, University Paris V, 149, rue de Sevres, F 75743 Paris, Cedex 15, France
Gut 53:1632-8. 2004....
- Microbial induction of CARD15 expression in intestinal epithelial cells via toll-like receptor 5 triggers an antibacterial response loopB Begue
INSERM, U793, Paris, France
J Cell Physiol 209:241-52. 2006..These data suggest a critical role of NOD2/CARD15 in the bacterial clearance of the intestinal epithelium while CD-specific mutated NOD2/CARD15 causes an impaired epithelial barrier...
- Normal oxidative phosphorylation in intestinal smooth muscle of childhood chronic intestinal pseudo-obstructionL Galmiche
Department of Pathology and Tumorothèque, Faculty of Medicine, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades and Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:24-9, e1. 2011..We hypothesized that CIPOs could be the presenting symptom of respiratory chain enzyme deficiency and thus we investigated oxidative phosphorylation in small bowel and/or colon smooth muscle of primary CIPO children...
- Severe dysimmune cytopenia in children treated with tacrolimus after organ transplantationF Lacaille
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 6:1072-6. 2006..Although rare, these complications must be known when discussing protocols of immunosuppression...
- [Intestinal microbiota in short bowel syndrome]O Goulet
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Hospital Necker Enfants Malades, University of Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 34:S37-43. 2010....
- Development of Crohn disease during anti-TNF-alpha therapy in a child with juvenile idiopathic arthritisF M Ruemmele
Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:203-6. 2004
- Effects of long-term consumption of a fermented infant formula (with Bifidobacterium breve c50 and Streptococcus thermophilus 065) on acute diarrhea in healthy infantsH Thibault
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:147-52. 2004..To determine whether long-term consumption of a fermented infant formula could influence the incidence of acute diarrhea and its severity in healthy infants...
- Germline mutations of the RET ligand GDNF are not sufficient to cause Hirschsprung diseaseR Salomon
Unité de Recherches sur les Handicaps Génétiques de l Enfant INSERM U 393, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Nat Genet 14:345-7. 1996..These data prompted us to hypothesize that mutations of the gene encoding GDNF could either cause or modulate the HSCR phenotype in some cases...
- The use of body mass index for measurement of fat mass in children is highly dependant on abdominal fatA El Taguri
Service de gastroentérologie et nutrition pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
East Mediterr Health J 15:563-73. 2009..Predicted FMI had high agreement with FMI measured by DEXA. There were no detectable differences in this relation between different ethnic groups. Both BMI and abdominal fat should be used as a proxy to determine adiposity...
- [Feeding during the first months of life and prevention of allergy]J P Chouraqui
Gastroenterologie, Hépatologie et Nutrition Pédiatrique, Pôle couple enfant, CHU de Grenoble, Grenoble Cedex 09, France
Arch Pediatr 15:431-42. 2008..Probiotics, prebiotics as well as n-3 fatty polyunsaturated acids have not yet demonstrated any definitive protective effect...
- Apolipoprotein B Arg3500Gln mutation prevalence in children with hypercholesterolemia: a French multicenter studyS Viola
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Armand Trousseau Children s Teaching Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 33:122-6. 2001..The objective was to determine the prevalence of familial defective apolipoprotein B-100 in hypercholesterolemic French children and to provide a basis for targeting screening efforts in this population...
- [Study of psychological repercussions of 2 modes of treatment of adolescents with Crohn's disease]L Gailhoustet
Service de gastroentérologie et nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sèvres 75743 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 9:110-6. 2002..The goal of this study was to collect comparative information regarding the real-life experience and the feeling of these two treatments...
- A prospective study of the efficacy and tolerance of a chimeric antibody to tumor necrosis factors (remicade) in severe pediatric crohn diseaseJean Pierre Cezard
Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Hopital Robert Debre, dagger Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, and double dagger Laboratory of Coprology, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:632-6. 2003..One patient received only one injection. Eighteen patients were corticosteroid dependent, and 6 were receiving parenteral nutrition. Three patients were corticoid resistant (1 mg/kg/d >15 days). Sixteen had perianal disease...
- EBV-negative lymphoproliferative disease with hyper-IgA, in a child with combined liver and small bowel transplantationClotilde Des Robert
Departments of Paediatrics and Pathology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Pediatr Transplant 8:305-7. 2004..There was complete resolution of symptoms and normalization of the IgA level. As IgA1 is mostly of intestinal origin, this unusual presentation of PTLD should lead to a high suspicion of a small bowel proliferating process...
- Enterocyte metabolism during early adaptation after extensive intestinal resection in a rat modelHubert Lardy
Laboratoire de Nutrition et Securite Alimentaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Surgery 135:649-56. 2004..The aim of this study was to understand the metabolic changes underlying early adaptation after massive intestinal resection...
- 12-month follow-up after successful infliximab therapy in pediatric crohn diseaseJan Wynands
AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:293-8. 2008..Given the increasing safety concerns about the concomitant and prolonged use of IFX and azathioprine in CD, we wanted to address the clinical outcome in pediatric CD patients who responded to IFX medication, once IFX was stopped...
- Study of the impact of liver transplantation on the outcome of intestinal grafts in childrenMyriam Jugie
Pediatrics Department, Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Transplantation 81:992-7. 2006..The possible beneficial role of the liver was assessed in pediatric recipients of isolated intestinal and liver intestinal combined transplantation, receiving the same immunosuppressive therapy...
- Long-term outcome of children receiving home parenteral nutrition: a 20-year single-center experience in 302 patientsVirginie Colomb
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition and HPN Center, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:347-53. 2007..This article describes 20-year outcome data in children receiving HPN and provides separate profiles for the major pediatric diagnostic subgroups...
- Short bowel syndrome and intestinal transplantation in childrenOlivier Goulet
Integrated Program of Intestinal Failure, Home Parenteral Nutrition, and Intestinal Transplantation, National Reference Center for Rare Digestive Diseases, Necker Hospital for Sick Children, University of Paris, France
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 9:304-13. 2006..This condition requires the use of parenteral nutrition, as long as intestinal failure persists, and may be, in some selected cases, an indication for intestinal transplantation...
- 2003 report of the intestine transplant registry: a new era has dawnedDavid Grant
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, NCSB 11C 1248, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
Ann Surg 241:607-13. 2005..The intestine has been more difficult to transplant than other solid organs. We analyzed registry data to determine the scope and success of intestine transplantation in the current era...
- Efficacy and tolerance of infliximab in children and adolescents with Crohn's diseaseThierry Lamireau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Place Amelie Raba Leon, Cedex, France
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:745-50. 2004..Nevertheless, long-term efficacy remains to be shown, and further studies are urgently needed to precisely determine the best modality of continuing treatment...
- Clinical and biological consequences of immunization to infliximab in pediatric Crohn's diseaseSophie Candon
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Université René Descartes Paris5, INSERM U580, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Clin Immunol 118:11-9. 2006..We propose that surveillance of circulating infliximab and/or TNF-alpha concentration during maintenance therapy represents an indirect but reliable method to monitor anti-infliximab immunization...
- [CD10 expression in a case of microvillous inclusion disease]Nelly Youssef
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, France
Ann Pathol 24:624-7. 2004..We report a case of microvillous atrophy who undergone a combined bowel, colonic and liver transplantation, and discuss the tools allowing the light microscopic diagnosis...
- Centrilobular necrosis in children after combined liver and small bowel transplantationFlorence Lacaille
Department of Pediatrics, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Transplantation 73:252-7. 2002..In this study, we sought to describe hepatic centrilobular necrosis in children after combined liver and small bowel transplantation (LSBT), and to assess the predictive factors, possible causes, and prognosis...
- Liver and intestinal transplantation in children: Working Group Report of the First World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionEtienne M Sokal
European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 35:S159-72. 2002
- Causes and management of intestinal failure in childrenOlivier Goulet
Integrated Program of Intestinal Failure, Home Parenteral Nutrition and Intestinal Transplantation, National Reference Center for Rare Digestive Disease, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Université Reni Descartes, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 130:S16-28. 2006....
- Nondigestible carbohydrates in the diets of infants and young children: a commentary by the ESPGHAN Committee on NutritionPeter J Aggett
Univeristy of Central Lancashire, Preston, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:329-37. 2003....
- Urological manifestations associated with chronic intestinal pseudo-obstructions in childrenSteven P Lapointe
Hospital of St Justine, Montreal, Canada
J Urol 168:1768-70. 2002..We define urological manifestations of chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction to optimize evaluation and treatment...
- Collaborative strategies to reduce mortality and morbidity in patients with chronic intestinal failure including those who are referred for small bowel transplantationSue Beath
Department of Pediatrics, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Transplantation 85:1378-84. 2008..The objective of this workshop was to identify the main problems contributing to high mortality in adults and children candidates for intestinal transplantation and provide recommendations on how to correct them...
- Early central catheter infections may contribute to hepatic fibrosis in children receiving long-term parenteral nutritionDominique Hermans
Department of Pediatrics, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:459-63. 2007..This study retrospectively compares the incidence of sepsis in children with and without severe liver fibrosis...
- Acute infectious diarrhoea in children: new insights in antisecretory treatment with racecadotrilRamón Tormo
Service of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Paediatr 97:1008-15. 2008..The drug is well tolerated and has a favourable safety profile. However, further comparative studies and cost-effectiveness analyses are needed to define the position of the drug in the management of diarrhoeal illness in children...
- Survival of patients identified as candidates for intestinal transplantation: a 3-year prospective follow-upLoris Pironi
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bologna, Italy
Gastroenterology 135:61-71. 2008..The American Society of Transplantation also includes patients at high risk of death from their primary disease or with high morbidity intestinal failure. A 3-year prospective study evaluated the appropriateness of these indications...
- Aluminum contamination of parenteral nutrition and aluminum loading in children on long-term parenteral nutritionEmmanuelle Advenier
Service de Pharmacie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Pharmacie Centrale des Hôpitaux de Paris, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:448-53. 2003..The aim of the present study is to determine the aluminum contamination of parenteral nutrition solutions and their components, and to assess the aluminum status of children on long-term parenteral nutrition...
- Feeding preterm infants after hospital discharge: a commentary by the ESPGHAN Committee on NutritionPeter J Aggett
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:596-603. 2006..Continued growth monitoring is required to adapt feeding choices to the needs of individual infants and to avoid underfeeding or overfeeding...
- The need for nutrition support teams in pediatric units: a commentary by the ESPGHAN committee on nutritionCarlo Agostoni
University of Milano, Milano, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:8-11. 2005....
- Surgery for pediatric patients with chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction syndromeOlivier Goulet
Department of Pediatric, Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition, National Reference Center for Rare Digestive Diseases, Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:S66-8. 2005
- Intestinal failure and small bowel transplantation, including clinical nutrition: Working Group report of the second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and NutritionSamuel A Kocoshis
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:S655-61. 2004
- 1. Guidelines on Paediatric Parenteral Nutrition of the European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN) and the European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN), Supported by the European Society of PaediaBerthold Koletzko
Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:S1-87. 2005
- Report on the guidelines on parenteral nutrition in infants, children and adolescentsBerthold Koletzko
Division of Metabolic Diseases and Nutritional Medicine, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Clin Nutr 24:1105-9. 2005
- Candidates for intestinal transplantation: a multicenter survey in EuropeLoris Pironi
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1633-43; quiz 1679. 2006..Patient candidacy and physician attitudes toward ITx were investigated among centers that participated in previous European surveys on home parenteral nutrition (HPN)...
- Drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome associated with primary Epstein-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 6 infections in a child intestinal transplant recipientEmmanuel Mahe
Transplantation 77:479-80. 2004
- Nutritional solutions to major health problems of preschool children: how to optimise growth and developmentOlivier Goulet
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:S1-3. 2006
- Endothelial function and mechanical properties of the common carotid artery in children on parenteral nutritionYacine Aggoun
INSERM 0016, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 75015 Paris, France
Pediatr Res 55:789-93. 2004..The noninvasive methods used in this study may prove useful for objectively determining the effects of various preventive methods...
- The Second World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition: Paris, 3-7 July 2004Olivier Goulet
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:1. 2004
- Severe food allergy as a variant of IPEX syndrome caused by a deletion in a noncoding region of the FOXP3 geneTroy R Torgerson
University of Washington and Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology, Rheumatology, and Infectious Diseases, Seattle, Washington, USA
Gastroenterology 132:1705-17. 2007..In the present work, we aimed to uncover the molecular basis of a distinct form of IPEX syndrome presenting at the edge of autoimmunity and severe allergy...
- Prebiotic oligosaccharides in dietetic products for infants: a commentary by the ESPGHAN Committee on NutritionCarlo Agostoni
University of Milano, Milano, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:465-73. 2004..At the present time, therefore, the Committee takes the view that no general recommendation on the use of oligosaccharide supplementation in infancy as a prophylactic or therapeutic measure can be made...