- Antidonor antibodies and transplantation: how to deal with them before and after transplantationDenis Glotz
Department of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 79:S30-2. 2005..However, recent advances both in the ABO and human leukocyte antigen settings, detailed in this paper, have led to successful transplantations in the presence of antidonor antibodies, with preliminary evidence of accommodation...
- Intravenous immunoglobulins and transplantation for patients with anti-HLA antibodiesDenis Glotz
Department of Nephrology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015, Paris, France
Transpl Int 17:1-8. 2004....
- Desensitization and subsequent kidney transplantation of patients using intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIg)Denis Glotz
Department of Nephrology, INSERM U 430, Hĵpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 2:758-60. 2002..All other patients had uneventful courses, without any episodes of rejection, with a follow-up of more than 1 year. Thus, IVIg therapy allows safe and prompt kidney transplantation of immunized patients...
- Endothelial cells as targets of allograft rejectionDenis Glotz
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 82:S19-21. 2006....
- Calcineurin inhibitor-free monotherapy in human leukocyte antigen–identical live donor renal transplantationMarion Venot
Nephrology and Transplantation Department, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Transplantation 91:330-3. 2011....
- [Renal biopsy practice: results of a French study and recommendations]Guillaume Bollée
UMR970, INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 8:168-76. 2012..Our working group, appointed by the scientific commission of the Société de néphrologie in France, aimed to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France, before establishing some guidelines...
- Pulsatile perfusion preservation for expanded-criteria donors kidneys: Impact on delayed graft function rateImad Abboud
Nephrology and Transplantation, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Int J Artif Organs 34:513-8. 2011..We conducted a prospective controlled study aiming to evaluate the impact of pulsatile perfusion preservation (PPP) on DGF rate...
- Antibody-mediated vascular rejection of kidney allografts: a population-based studyCarmen Lefaucheur
Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, INSERM U940, Paris, France
Lancet 381:313-9. 2013..We aimed to improve characterisation of different kidney-allograft rejection phenotypes, identify how each one is associated with anti-HLA antibodies, and investigate their distinct prognoses...
- Donor-specific antibodies accelerate arteriosclerosis after kidney transplantationGary S Hill
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, APHP, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:975-83. 2011..In conclusion, these data support the hypothesis that donor-specific antibodies dramatically accelerate post-transplant progression of arteriosclerosis...
- Regulatory T cells in kidney allograft infiltrates correlate with initial inflammation and graft functionCécile Taflin
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U940, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 89:194-9. 2010..Several studies have shown in BL and SCR the presence of a Th1 immune response, qualitatively similar to but quantitatively reduced in comparison with infiltrates typical of acute cellular rejection (ACR)...
- Early steroid withdrawal and optimization of mycophenolic acid exposure in kidney transplant recipients receiving mycophenolate mofetilYannick Le Meur
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, Brest, France
Transplantation 92:1244-51. 2011..We assessed the feasibility and safety of early steroid withdrawal in low-risk patients receiving cyclosporine A (CsA) and the impact of optimization of mycophenolic acid exposure on steroid withdrawal success...
- Prospective assessment of renal histopathological lesions in patients with end-stage liver disease: effects on long-term renal function after liver transplantationYvon Calmus
Liver Transplant Unit, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Hepatol 57:572-6. 2012..The goal of this study was to make a prospective evaluation of renal histological lesions in a group of unselected patients awaiting liver transplantation...
- Biopsy-confirmed de novo renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in renal grafts: a single-centre management experience in a 2396 recipient cohortGuillaume Ploussard
Service d Urologie, Département DUNE, IUH Université Paris Denis Diderot Hôpital Saint Louis, France
BJU Int 109:195-9. 2012..To study the natural history of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) development in renal grafts and their management...
- Kidney graft dysfunction in simultaneous pancreas-kidney recipients after pancreas failure: analysis of early and late protocol biopsiesDenis Viglietti
Service de Nephrologie et Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Clin Transplant 27:E249-55. 2013..Kidney graft survival in simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) recipients is known to decrease after pancreas graft failure...
- Study of the allogeneic response induced by endothelial cells expressing HLA class II after lentiviral transductionCécile Taflin
INSERM UMR S 940 Institut Universitaire d Hématologie, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 960:461-72. 2013....
- Preexisting donor-specific HLA antibodies predict outcome in kidney transplantationCarmen Lefaucheur
Département de Néphrologie et Transplantation Rénale, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1398-406. 2010..Quantification of HLA antibodies allows stratification of immunologic risk, which should help guide selection of acceptable grafts for sensitized patients...
- Human endothelial cells generate Th17 and regulatory T cells under inflammatory conditionsCécile Taflin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche Santé 940, Hopital Saint Louis, 75010 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2891-6. 2011..Finally, these data open therapeutic perspectives in human organ transplantation based on targeting the IL-6/STAT-3 pathway and/or promoting CD54 dependent Treg proliferation...
- Thymoglobulin induction and sirolimus versus tacrolimus in kidney transplant recipients receiving mycophenolate mofetil and steroidsDenis Glotz
Department of Nephrology, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Transplantation 89:1511-7. 2010....
- The Seville expert workshop for progress in posttransplant lymphoproliferative disordersDenis Glotz
Nephrology and Transplantation Service, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Transplantation 94:784-93. 2012..Finally, new classification criteria were outlined that may help facilitate standardized reporting and improve our understanding of PTLD...
- Renal histopathological lesions after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)Evangeline Pillebout
Hopital Saint Louis, Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 5:1120-9. 2005..These investigations have therapeutic potential, that is, they may lead to a more aggressive treatment of hypertension and/or diabetes...
- A three-arm study comparing immediate tacrolimus therapy with antithymocyte globulin induction therapy followed by tacrolimus or cyclosporine A in adult renal transplant recipientsBernard Charpentier
Service de Nephrologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Transplantation 75:844-51. 2003..A study was undertaken to assess the efficacy and safety of ATG induction on tacrolimus-based and cyclosporine A (CsA)-based therapies compared with immediate tacrolimus triple therapy in kidney transplant recipients...
- Chronic kidney dysfunction in patients alive without relapse 2 years after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationImad Abboud
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, St Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1251-7. 2009..Renal impairement was correlated with TBI and cGVHD. Minor incidence of CKD and a relative stability of renal function were noted between 2 and 5 years after HSCT...
- Regulation of the CD4+ T cell allo-immune response by endothelial cellsCécile Taflin
Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR940, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris Diderot, 75010 Paris, France
Hum Immunol 73:1269-74. 2012..This review provides an update on the characteristics of the endothelial cell activation of the CD4(+) T cell response and an analysis of the factors, which can modify this activity in favor of either graft rejection or tolerance...
- What is the relevance of systematic aorto-femoral Doppler ultrasound in the preoperative assessment of patients awaiting first kidney transplantation: a monocentric prospective studyGuillaume Ploussard
Department of Urology and Paris 7 University, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:270-4. 2010..The purpose of our study was to study the relevance of a systematic aorto-femoral colour Doppler ultrasound (DUS) in the evaluation of first renal transplant receivers...
- Access to, and outcome of, renal transplantation according to treatment modality of end-stage renal disease in FranceYlana Chalem
Etablissement francais des greffes, Paris, France
Kidney Int 67:2448-53. 2005....
- A case report of adenovirus-related acute interstitial nephritis in a patient with AIDSElodie Mazoyer
Service de Nephrologie, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 51:121-6. 2008..This case illustrates another cause of acute kidney disease in very immunosuppressed patients with AIDS, probably underdiagnosed...
- Optimization of an elispot assay to detect cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T lymphocytesBrigitte Godard
Unité d Immunologie Biologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, Paris, France
Hum Immunol 65:1307-18. 2004..This highly sensitive test may be a useful tool to assess T-cell immunity directed against CMV in immunodepressed patients...
- Candida albicans arteritis transmitted by conservative liquid after renal transplantation: a report of four cases and review of the literatureHoa Mai
Nephrology Unit, Bicetre Hospital Le Kremlin Bicetre, Paris, France
Transplantation 82:1163-7. 2006..We report four cases of mycotic arteritis due to C. albicans after renal transplantation but which have been inoculated during organ harvesting or conservation...
- Successful outcome using rituximab as the only immunomodulation in Henoch-Schonlein purpura: case reportEvangeline Pillebout
Department of Nephrology, CHU St Louis, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2044-6. 2011..Complete and sustained skin and renal remission resulted from the treatment. Thus, further studies are required to confirm the efficacy of rituximab as first-line treatment in HSP, and it might be an interesting new therapeutic option...
- Acute vascular humoral rejection in a sensitized cardiac graft recipient: diagnostic value of C4d immunofluorescenceJean Paul Duong Van Huyen
Department of Pathology, Unit of Cardiac Transplantation, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Hum Pathol 35:385-8. 2004..This case shows that C4d deposits represent a sensitive marker of acute humoral rejection in cardiac transplantation. Therefore, C4d immunofluorescence should be more frequently assessed in endomyocardial biopsies...
- Chronic interstitial nephritis in an HIV type-1-infected patient receiving ritonavir-boosted atazanavirDenis Viglietti
Néphrologie Transplantation, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 16:119-21. 2011..Many reports have described atazanavir-associated urolithiasis, but this is the first case that describes chronic granulomatous nephropathy...
- Renal biopsy practice in France: results of a nationwide studyGuillaume Bollée
Paris Descartes University, APHP, Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3579-85. 2010..Practices vary widely among nephrologists, depending on personal experience and the availability of particular techniques. The purpose of our study was to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France...
- Oxidative stress mediates a reduced expression of the activating receptor NKG2D in NK cells from end-stage renal disease patientsMarie Noelle Peraldi
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U662, Paris, France
J Immunol 182:1696-705. 2009..Taken together, these studies suggest for the first time that both low NKG2D expression and up-regulation of its ligand MICA are related to ROS production and may be involved in the immune deficiency of ESRD patients...
- Detection and quantitation of BK virus DNA by real-time polymerase chain reaction in the LT-ag gene in adult renal transplant recipientsAli Si-Mohamed
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Unité de virologie, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Virol Methods 131:21-7. 2006....
- Are peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors new therapeutic targets in diabetic and non-diabetic nephropathies?Henri Boulanger
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Saint Louis Hospital, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2696-702. 2006
- Outcome of relapse in lupus nephritis: roles of reversal of renal fibrosis and response of inflammation to therapyGary S Hill
Hôpital Broussais and INSERM Unité 430, Hopital St Louis, and Hôpital Bichat, Paris, France
Kidney Int 61:2176-86. 2002..However, not all patients do so. This report explores the roles of response of inflammation to therapy and of glomerular scarring and interstitial fibrosis and their potential reversal to outcome of renal relapse...
- Early epithelial phenotypic changes predict graft fibrosisAlexandre Hertig
Urgences Néphrologiques and Transplantation Rénale, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:1584-91. 2008..In conclusion, early phenotypic changes indicative of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition predict the progression toward interstitial fibrosis in human renal allografts...
- Therapeutic failure of cinacalcet in a renal transplant patient presenting hyperparathyroidism with severe hypercalcaemiaHenri Boulanger
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2865. 2005
- Antibody-mediated rejection criteria - an addition to the Banff 97 classification of renal allograft rejectionLorraine C Racusen
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Transplant 3:708-14. 2003..This classification represents a working formulation, to be revisited as additional data accumulate in this important area of renal transplantation...