Genomes and Genes
- Shifted, the Drosophila ortholog of Wnt inhibitory factor-1, controls the distribution and movement of HedgehogBruno Glise
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR 5547 and IFR 109 CNRS UPS, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Dev Cell 8:255-66. 2005..Our data further indicate that Shf interacts with Hh and the heparan sulfate proteoglycans. Therefore, we propose that Shf stabilizes the interaction between Hh and the proteoglycans, an unexpected role for a member of the WIF-1 family...
- DSulfatase-1 fine-tunes Hedgehog patterning activity through a novel regulatory feedback loopAlexandre Wojcinski
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, CNRS, Centre de Biologie du Developpement, 118 route de Narbonne, F 31062 Toulouse, France
Dev Biol 358:168-80. 2011..Our data reveal a novel Hh regulatory feedback loop, involving DSulf1, which contributes to maintain and stabilise expression domains of Hh target genes during wing disc development...
- Vein-positioning in the Drosophila wing in response to Hh; new roles of Notch signalingMichele Crozatier
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR 5547 and IFR 109 CNRS UPS, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062, Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Mech Dev 120:529-35. 2003..Together, these observations highlight new roles of N in topologically linking the position of veins to prepattern gene expression...
- Patterns in evolution: veins of the Drosophila wingMichele Crozatier
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR 5547 and IFR 109, CNRS Université Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Trends Genet 20:498-505. 2004..New strategies made possible by the genome sequencing of several insect models should provide an important complement to the knowledge obtained from >60 years of genetic studies...
- Connecting Hh, Dpp and EGF signalling in patterning of the Drosophila wing; the pivotal role of collier/knot in the AP organiserMichele Crozatier
Centre de Biologie du Developpement, UMR 5547 CNRS UPS, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France
Development 129:4261-9. 2002..A model recapitulating the molecular interplay between the Hh, Dpp and EGF signalling pathways in the wing AP organiser is presented...
- Notch and Wingless modulate the response of cells to Hedgehog signalling in the Drosophila wingBruno Glise
MRC Intercellular Signalling Group, Centre for Developmental Genetics, University School of Medicine and Biomedical Science, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 248:93-106. 2002..Our findings suggest a paradigm of repression of the Hh response by N and/or Wnt signalling that may be applicable to signal integration in vertebrate appendages...