P E Gleizes
- Analysis of two human pre-ribosomal factors, bystin and hTsr1, highlights differences in evolution of ribosome biogenesis between yeast and mammalsCoralie Carron
Universite de Toulouse, UPS, Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire Eucaryote and CNRS, LBME, F 31000 Toulouse, France
Nucleic Acids Res 39:280-91. 2011..These data indicate that ITS1 processing in human cells may be more complex than currently envisioned and that coordination between maturation and nuclear export of pre-40S particles has evolved differently in yeast and mammalian cells...
- Functional dichotomy of ribosomal proteins during the synthesis of mammalian 40S ribosomal subunitsMarie Françoise O'Donohue
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire des Eucaryotes, Université de Toulouse UPS and Centre National de La Recherche Scientifique, F 31000 Toulouse, France
J Cell Biol 190:853-66. 2010..Interestingly, the functional dichotomy of RPS proteins reported in this study is correlated with the mutation frequency of RPS genes in Diamond-Blackfan anemia...
- Gradual processing of the ITS1 from the nucleolus to the cytoplasm during synthesis of the human 18S rRNAMilena Preti
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, Universite de Toulouse, UPS, F 31000 Toulouse, France
Nucleic Acids Res 41:4709-23. 2013..These data cast new light on the original mechanism of ITS1 elimination in human cells and provide a mechanistic framework to further study the interplay of DBA-linked ribosomal proteins in this process...
- Ultrastructural localization of rRNA shows defective nuclear export of preribosomes in mutants of the Nup82p complexP E Gleizes
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Paul Sabatier, 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Cell Biol 155:923-36. 2001..Thus, the Nup82p-Nup159p-Nsp1p nucleoporin complex is part of the nuclear export pathways of preribosomes and mRNPs, but with distinct functions in these two processes...
- Processing of 20S pre-rRNA to 18S ribosomal RNA in yeast requires Rrp10p, an essential non-ribosomal cytoplasmic proteinE Vanrobays
LBME du CNRS, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 04, France
EMBO J 20:4204-13. 2001..Thus, Rio1p has been renamed Rrp10p (ribosomal RNA processing #10). Rio1p/Rrp10p is the first non-ribosomal factor characterized specifically required for 20S pre-rRNA processing...
- Nog2p, a putative GTPase associated with pre-60S subunits and required for late 60S maturation stepsC Saveanu
Genetique des Interactions Macromoleculaires, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA2171, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
EMBO J 20:6475-84. 2001..These results suggest that transient, possibly GTP-dependent association of Nog2p with the pre-ribosomes might trigger late rRNA maturation steps in ribosomal large subunit biogenesis...