Genomes and Genes
Jacques H Abraini
Affiliation: GIP Cyceron
- Potentially neuroprotective and therapeutic properties of nitrous oxide and xenonJacques H Abraini
Centre Cyceron, UMR 6185, Université de Caen CNRS, Boulevard Henri Becquerel, B P 5229, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1053:289-300. 2005..Finally, the possible therapeutic implications in humans are discussed...
- Prefrontal cortex and basolateral amygdala modulation of dopamine-mediated locomotion in the nucleus accumbens coreChristophe Rouillon
UMR CI NAPS 6232, Universite de Caen, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS, CEA, Centre Cyceron, BP 5229, Boulevard Becquerel, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Exp Neurol 212:213-7. 2008..These data demonstrate that the glutamatergic inputs arising from the PFC and the BLA specifically control D2-like- and D1-like-mediated locomotor responses, respectively...
- Protein crystallography under xenon and nitrous oxide pressure: comparison with in vivo pharmacology studies and implications for the mechanism of inhaled anesthetic actionNathalie Colloc'h
Centre Cyceron, UMR 6185, Université de Caen CNRS, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Biophys J 92:217-24. 2007....
- Pressure-response analysis of anesthetic gases xenon and nitrous oxide on urate oxidase: a crystallographic studyGuillaume Marassio
Equipe de Recherche Technologique Interne ERTi 1083, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Centre Cyceron, Caen, France
FASEB J 25:2266-75. 2011....
- Repeated administration of amphetamine induces a shift of the prefrontal cortex and basolateral amygdala motor functionMickaël F Degoulet
UMR CI NAPS 6232, Universite de Caen, CNRS, CEA, Centre Cyceron, Caen, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:965-74. 2009..We propose that this phenomenon may be of major critical importance in the development of drug dependence...
- Short-term development of behavioral sensitization to amphetamine requires N-methyl-D-aspartate- and nicotinic-dependent mechanisms in the nucleus accumbensMickael Degoulet
Universite de Caen, Boulevard Henri Becquerel, Caen, France
Addict Biol 18:417-24. 2013....
- Modulation by group I mGLU receptor activation and group III mGLU receptor blockade of locomotor responses induced by D1-like and D2-like receptor agonists in the nucleus accumbensChristophe Rouillon
UMR CI NAPS 6232, Universite de Caen, CNRS, CEA, Centre Cyceron, BP 5229 Boulevard Becquerel, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Brain Res 1198:44-54. 2008....
- Oxygen pressurized X-ray crystallography: probing the dioxygen binding site in cofactorless urate oxidase and implications for its catalytic mechanismNathalie Colloc'h
CI NAPS, UMR 6232 UCBN CNRS CEA, Centre Cyceron, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Biophys J 95:2415-22. 2008..The implication of the dioxygen location on the mechanism is discussed with respect to the experimentally suggested transient intermediates during the reaction cascade...
- Modulation by the dorsal, but not the ventral, hippocampus of the expression of behavioural sensitization to amphetamineMickael Degoulet
Centre Cyceron, UMR 6185, Université de Caen CNRS, Caen, France
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 11:497-508. 2008....
- Moderately delayed post-insult treatment with normobaric hyperoxia reduces excitotoxin-induced neuronal degeneration but increases ischemia-induced brain damageBenoit Haelewyn
ERT 1083, UMR 6232, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, CNRS, CEA, Centre Cyceron, B, P, 5229, Boulevard Henri Becquerel, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Med Gas Res 1:2. 2011..abstract:..
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid neuropharmacological investigations on narcosis produced by nitrogen, argon, or nitrous oxideJacques H Abraini
UMR CNRS 6551 Mort Neuronale, Neuroprotection, Neurotransmission, Universite de Caen, Centre Cyceron, France
Anesth Analg 96:746-9, table of contents. 2003..Some mechanisms of nitrogen and argon narcotic action might be similar to those of clinical inhaled anesthetics...
- Nitrous oxide and xenon prevent amphetamine-induced carrier-mediated dopamine release in a memantine-like fashion and protect against behavioral sensitizationHelene N David
NNOXe Pharmaceuticals, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 60:49-57. 2006..These effects may involve possible indirect glutamatergic mechanisms...
- Functional (neurologic) recovery following transient focal cerebral ischemia in the rat requires at least 80% of ipsilateral cortical and subcortical integrityBenoit Haelewyn
NNOXe Pharmaceuticals, 3107 Avenue des Hôtels, Suite 18C, Quebec, QC, G1W 4W5, Canada
Exp Neurol 213:238-40. 2008....
- Neuroprotection by nitrous oxide: facts and evidenceBenoit Haelewyn
NNOXe Pharmaceuticals, Avenue des Hôtels, Quebec, QC, Canada
Crit Care Med 36:2651-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible neuroprotective effects of nitrous oxide at nonanesthetic concentrations on different models of excitotoxic insult and brain ischemia...
- Postischemic nitrous oxide alone versus intraischemic nitrous oxide in the presence of isoflurane: what it may change for neuroprotection against cerebral stroke in the ratJacques H Abraini
Anesth Analg 101:614; author reply 614. 2005
- Neuroprotection by nitrous oxide and xenon and its relation to minimum alveolar concentrationJacques H Abraini
Anesthesiology 101:260-1; author reply 261. 2004
- Reduction of ischemic brain damage by nitrous oxide and xenonHelene N David
Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:1168-73. 2003..The mechanisms of the neuroprotective and potentially neurotoxic effects of nitrous oxide and xenon, as well as the possible therapeutic implications in humans, are discussed...
- Neuroprotective effects of xenon: a therapeutic window of opportunity in rats subjected to transient cerebral ischemiaHelene N David
NNOXe Pharmaceuticals, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
FASEB J 22:1275-86. 2008....
- NMDA-induced striatal brain damage and time-dependence reliability of thionin staining in ratsBenoit Haelewyn
NNOXe Pharmaceuticals, 3107 Avenue des Hôtels, Suite 18C, Quebec, QC G1W 4W5, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 168:479-82. 2008..However, if the brain is removed more than 48 h after the excitotoxic insult onset, there is no alternative of using other techniques, such as immunochemical or neuroimaging techniques...