- Legionella pneumophila sequence type 1/Paris pulsotype subtyping by spoligotypingChristophe Ginevra
Address correspondence to Christophe Ginevra
J Clin Microbiol 50:696-701. 2012....
- Intragenic tandem repeat variation between Legionella pneumophila strainsDavid A Coil
Laboratory of Bacteriology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Microbiol 8:218. 2008..Evidence exists from other organisms that these repeats can be involved in the evolution of new genes, gene regulation, adaptation, resistance to environmental stresses, and avoidance of the immune system...
- Host-related risk factors and clinical features of community-acquired legionnaires disease due to the Paris and Lorraine endemic strains, 1998-2007, FranceChristophe Ginevra
Faculte Laennec, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Clin Infect Dis 49:184-91. 2009..Here, we investigated possible host factors associated with susceptibility to community-acquired Legionnaires disease caused by the endemic Paris and Lorraine strains...
- Evaluation of a nested-PCR-derived sequence-based typing method applied directly to respiratory samples from patients with Legionnaires' diseaseChristophe Ginevra
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Clin Microbiol 47:981-7. 2009..Taken together, NPSBT applied directly to clinical specimens significantly improved epidemiological typing compared to the initial SBT, in particular when no isolates are available...
- Evaluation of propidium monoazide (PMA) treatment directly on membrane filter for the enumeration of viable but non cultivable Legionella by qPCRSami Slimani
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Microbiol Methods 88:319-21. 2012..Using this method, the amplification of DNA from membrane-damaged L. pneumophila was strongly inhibited for samples containing a small number of dead bacteria...
- Identification of legionella in clinical samplesSophie Jarraud
National Reference Center of Legionella, Centre de Biologie Est, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Methods Mol Biol 954:27-56. 2013..This chapter is limited to the identification of Legionella in clinical samples; antibody detection in human serum will not be discussed...
- A PCR-based method for monitoring Legionella pneumophila in water samples detects viable but noncultivable legionellae that can recover their cultivabilityEric Dusserre
Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:4817-24. 2008..Therefore, some TVC-positive bacteria were potentially infective. These data show that L. pneumophila PCR detects not only culturable bacteria but also VBNC forms and dead bacterial DNA at low chlorine concentrations...
- Zinc-dependent cytoadherence of Legionella pneumophila to human alveolar epithelial cells in vitroDiaraf Farba Yaradou
Universite de Lyon, Lyon F 69008, France
Microb Pathog 43:234-42. 2007..We also found that zinc-dependent adherence of L. pneumophila appears to involve recognition of zinc-binding pneumocyte receptors by a bacterial adhesin, and heparan-sulfated host cell receptors, but not type IV pili...
- Growth-phase-dependent mobility of the lvh-encoding region in Legionella pneumophila strain ParisAnne Doléans-Jordheim
INSERM, E0230, Lyon, F 69008, France
Microbiology 152:3561-8. 2006..A similar plasmid-like element was described in the Lens strain genome, suggesting that the mobility of the lvh region is a phenomenon widespread among Legionella sp...