A M Ghoumari
- Mifepristone (RU486) protects Purkinje cells from cell death in organotypic slice cultures of postnatal rat and mouse cerebellumA M Ghoumari
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U488, Batiment Gregory Pincus, 80 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7953-8. 2003..2-fold the survival of pcd/pcd Purkinje cells. Our results show that RU486 may act through a new mechanism, not yet elucidated, to protect Purkinje cells from death...
- Progesterone and its metabolites increase myelin basic protein expression in organotypic slice cultures of rat cerebellumA M Ghoumari
INSERM U488, Bicetre, France
J Neurochem 86:848-59. 2003....
- Progesterone increases oligodendroglial cell proliferation in rat cerebellar slice culturesA M Ghoumari
INSERM U488, Batiment Gregory Pincus, 80 rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Bicêtre, France
Neuroscience 135:47-58. 2005..These results point to novel mechanisms by which progesterone may promote myelination in the CNS, specifically by stimulating the proliferation and maturation of oligodendrocyte precursors into myelinating oligodendrocytes...
- Neuroprotective effect of mifepristone involves neuron depolarizationA M Ghoumari
INSERM UMR788 and University Paris XI, Bicetre, France
FASEB J 20:1377-86. 2006..Mifepristone may be a useful lead compound in the development of novel therapeutic approaches for maintaining the resting potential of neurons at values favorable for their survival under neuropathological conditions...
- Bcl-2 protection of axotomized Purkinje cells in organotypic culture is age dependent and not associated with an enhancement of axonal regenerationA M Ghoumari
INSERM U106, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Prog Brain Res 148:37-44. 2005