- Switching to darunavir/ritonavir 800/100 mg once-daily containing regimen maintains virological control in fully suppressed pre-treated patients infected with HIV-1Jade Ghosn
APHP, Department of Internal Medicine, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Med Virol 85:8-15. 2013..2 hr. Tolerability of once-daily darunavir/r 800/100 mg was excellent. Optimally suppressed, treatment-experienced patients can switch safely from a twice-daily PI/r regimen to a once-daily darunavir/r 800/100 mg containing regimen...
- Absence of HIV-1 shedding in male genital tract after 1 year of first-line lopinavir/ritonavir alone or in combination with zidovudine/lamivudineJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620, Universite Rene Descartes Paris 5, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:1344-7. 2008..More than 80% of untreated HIV-infected men have detectable HIV-RNA in semen and such a strategy could favour local selection of resistant variants, given the poor penetration of most PIs in semen...
- Antiretroviral therapy with a twice-daily regimen containing 400 milligrams of indinavir and 100 milligrams of ritonavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected women during pregnancyJade Ghosn
AP HP, Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1542-4. 2008..At delivery, 26 of 28 women on indinavir-ritonavir had HIV RNA levels of <200 copies/ml. No infant was HIV infected. These data are encouraging for the use of this combination for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV...
- Long-term (96-week) follow-up of antiretroviral-naïve HIV-infected patients treated with first-line lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy in the MONARK trialJade Ghosn
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, AP HP, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre Cedex, France
HIV Med 11:137-42. 2010..MONotherapy AntiRetroviral Kaletra (MONARK) is the first randomized trial comparing lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy to triple combination therapy with zidovudine/lamivudine and lopinavir/ritonavir in antiretroviral-naïve patients...
- Despite being highly diverse, immunovirological status strongly correlates with clinical symptoms during primary HIV-1 infection: a cross-sectional study based on 674 patients enrolled in the ANRS CO 06 PRIMO cohortJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA MRT 3620, Virology Department, AP HP, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:741-8. 2010..To analyse immunovirological status during primary HIV-1 infection (PHI) according to contemporary clinical status and time since infection...
- Undetectable HIV-1 RNA load with the Cobas TaqMan v1.0 in a patient diagnosed at the time of primary HIV-1 infectionJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, UniversitÃ© Paris Descartes, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de SÃ¨vres, 75015 Paris, France
J Med Virol 82:1816-8. 2010....
- X4 tropic multi-drug resistant quasi-species detected at the time of primary HIV-1 infection remain exclusive or at least dominant far from PHIJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23301. 2011..X4-tropic variants present at baseline were still exclusive (patients D and E) or dominant (at least one time point, patient C) far from PHI...
- Polymorphism in Gag gene cleavage sites of HIV-1 non-B subtype and virological outcome of a first-line lopinavir/ritonavir single drug regimenJade Ghosn
Paris Descartes University, EA 3620, Necker University Hospital, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e24798. 2011..We show that pre-therapy mutations in gag cleavage site sequence were significantly associated with the virological outcome of a first-line LPV/r single drug regimen in the Monark trial...
- No benefit of a structured treatment interruption based on genotypic resistance in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsJade Ghosn
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 19:1643-7. 2005..To evaluate the potential benefits of a tailored antiretroviral treatment interruption with duration based on the observed reversion of resistance mutations...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy or plus zidovudine and lamivudine in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected patientsJean Francois Delfraissy
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:385-93. 2008..Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents for HIV-1 infection recommend combining at least three agents. The toxicity, cost, and complexity of such regimens warrant the search for other options...
- HIV-1 resistant strains acquired at the time of primary infection massively fuel the cellular reservoir and persist for lengthy periods of timeJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Université René Descartes Paris, France
AIDS 20:159-70. 2006....
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir/indinavir 100/400 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside analogues in antiretroviral treatment-naive HIV-infected individualsClaudine Duvivier
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:603-9. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of indinavir/ritonavir (IDV/RTV) 400/100 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Prognostic factors for virological response in antiretroviral therapy-naive patients in the MONARK Trial randomized to ritonavir-boosted lopinavir alonePhilippe Flandre
INSERM U 943, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 14:93-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine prognostic factors of VR in patients receiving LPV/r monotherapy...
- Efficacy and safety of tenofovir double-dose in treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients: the TENOPLUS studyStephanie Dominguez
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM U720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Med Virol 79:105-10. 2007..This add-on pilot study supports the concept of double dose tenofovir to virologically overcome the decreased sensitivity of NRTI-resistant viruses. However, the safety of this regimen needs to be considered carefully...
- Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-sparing regimen (nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor + protease inhibitor) was more likely associated with resistance comparing to nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor or protease inhibitor + nCathia Soulie
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris, UMR S 943, INSERM, U943, Paris, France
AIDS 23:1605-8. 2009..The NNRTI + protease inhibitor strategy should not be recommended as an antiretroviral first-line regimen, particularly in patients with high viral load at baseline...
- MIV-310 reduces HIV viral load in patients failing multiple antiretroviral therapy: results from a 4-week phase II studyChristine Katlama
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM E0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
AIDS 18:1299-304. 2004..MIV-310 (alovudine), a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, potently inhibits the replication of highly mutated strains of HIV in vitro. We examined the efficacy of MIV-310 in highly pretreated patients...
- Impact of 48 week lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy on blood cell-associated HIV-1-DNA in the MONARK trialVéronique Avettand-Fenoel
AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:1005-7. 2010..To study the impact of protease inhibitor monotherapy on the HIV-1 blood reservoir in 72 antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Comparison of the dynamics of resistance-associated mutations to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and protease inhibitors after cessation of antiretroviral combination therapyMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, INSERM EMI 0214, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:644-7. 2004....
- Initial therapy with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens is more effective than with regimens that spare them with no difference in short-term fat distribution: Hippocampe-ANRS 121 TrialClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:797-808. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact on body fat of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-sparing regimens compared with NRTI-containing therapy in HIV-1-infected antiretroviral (ARV)-naive patients...
- Efficacy and safety of a switch to unboosted atazanavir in combination with nucleoside analogues in HIV-1-infected patients with virological suppression under antiretroviral therapyJuliette Pavie
Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris Diderot Paris 7, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2372-8. 2011..Limited data are available on the use of unboosted atazanavir in combination with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) in treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients...
- HIV-1 X4/R5 co-receptor in viral reservoir during suppressive HAARTCathia Soulie
Department of Virology EA2387, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS 21:2243-5. 2007..This suggests that CCR5 antagonist activity should not be compromised in patients harbouring R5 viruses before starting HAART...
- Short communication: evidence of HIV type 1 complex and second generation recombinant strains among patients infected in 1997-2007 in France: ANRS CO06 PRIMO CohortJulie Galimand
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:645-51. 2010....
- Risk factors for selection of the L74I reverse transcriptase mutation in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patientsMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2553-6. 2006..L74I was strongly associated with T215F, K70R, and V75M/S/T/A mutations and increased with the number of thymidine analog mutations. It seemed to be linked to the use of abacavir or efavirenz...
- Evidence of genotypic resistance diversity of archived and circulating viral strains in blood and semen of pre-treated HIV-infected menJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620 Université R Descartes, CHU Necker, Paris
AIDS 18:447-57. 2004..To study the genetic diversity of drug-resistant HIV strains present in blood and in semen, especially those archived in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and non-sperm cells (NSC)...
- Penetration of enfuvirtide, tenofovir, efavirenz, and protease inhibitors in the genital tract of HIV-1-infected menJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620 Université René Descartes, France
AIDS 18:1958-61. 2004..These are worrying findings, because suboptimal semen drug concentrations may enhance the risk of sexually transmitted drug-resistant HIV variants...
- Foscarnet salvage therapy for patients with late-stage HIV disease and multiple drug resistanceAna Canestri
Department des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:561-6. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of foscarnet on HIV infection in patients with late-stage HIV disease and multiple drug resistance...
- Pattern and impact of emerging resistance mutations in treatment experienced patients failing darunavir-containing regimenConstance Delaugerre
Virology Department, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1809-13. 2008..Limited data are available on resistance pattern emerging in patients failing DRV/r and on subsequent remaining protease inhibitor options...
- Efficacy of a twice-daily antiretroviral regimen containing 100 mg ritonavir/400 mg indinavir in HIV-infected patientsJade Ghosn
Department of Infectious Diseases, Inserm EO214, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 17:209-14. 2003....
- Impact of hepatitis C and liver fibrosis on antiretroviral plasma drug concentrations in HIV-HCV co-infected patients: the HEPADOSE studyStephanie Dominguez
AP HP, Département de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, INSERM U720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:2445-9. 2010..To compare plasma antiretroviral concentrations in HIV-HCV co-infected and in matched HIV mono-infected patients...
- Protease inhibitor resistance analysis in the MONARK trial comparing first-line lopinavir-ritonavir monotherapy to lopinavir-ritonavir plus zidovudine and lamivudine triple therapyConstance Delaugerre
University Paris Descartes, EA 3620, Virology Department, Necker Hospital AP HP, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2934-9. 2009..The mutation L76V may be considered in further studies of lopinavir resistance...
- Immunological success is predicted by enfuvirtide but not interleukin-2 therapy in immunodepressed patientsJean Paul Viard
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hôpital Necker Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, France
AIDS 23:1383-8. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy of adding interleukin-2 (IL-2) to an optimized background treatment in HIV-1 patients with advanced failure...
- Greater decrease in bone mineral density with protease inhibitor regimens compared with nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor regimens in HIV-1 infected naive patientsClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
AIDS 23:817-24. 2009..To evaluate the change in bone mineral density (BMD) at specific sites in patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in a substudy of the ANRS 121 trial...
- High frequency of X4/DM-tropic viruses in PBMC samples from patients with primary HIV-1 subtype-B infection in 1996-2007: the French ANRS CO06 PRIMO Cohort StudyPierre Frange
EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:135-41. 2009....
- Sexually transmitted hepatitis C virus superinfection in HIV/hepatitis C virus co-infected men who have sex with menJade Ghosn
AP HP, EA MRT 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Department of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 22:658-61. 2008..HCV serology and serum HCV RNA should be examined periodically in HIV-infected men who have sex with men engaging in high-risk sexual behaviours...
- Ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor monotherapy for the treatment of HIV-1 infectionSabrinel Sahali
AP HP, Bicetre University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Paris Sud University, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS Rev 10:4-14. 2008..The more frequent occurrence of low-level viremia, however, does not allow the widespread use of such a strategy outside of clinical studies at this time...
- Boosted protease inhibitor monotherapy as a maintenance strategy: an observational studyMarguerite Guiguet
INSERM, U, Paris, France
AIDS 26:2345-50. 2012..We aimed to determine the effectiveness of boosted protease inhibitor monotherapy (BPIMT) initiated as a maintenance strategy in routine care and identify predictive factors of failure...
- Recent HIV-1 infection contributes to the viral diffusion over the French territory with a recent increasing frequencyPierre Frange
Universite Paris Descartes, Equipe d accueil 3620, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e31695. 2012..To analyse the contribution of primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection (PHI) to the French viral epidemic...
- Lack of benefit of 3-month intensification with enfuvirtide plus optimized background regimen (OBR) versus OBR alone in patients with multiple therapeutic failures: the INNOVE studyLaurence Morand-Joubert
Laboratory of Virology, AP HP, CHU Saint Antoine, UPMC University Paris 06, INSERM U943, Paris, France
J Med Virol 84:1710-8. 2012..A 3-month short-course intensified treatment with ENF did not improve Week-24 virological response in treatment-experienced patients infected with HIV-1 harboring resistant viruses that were still susceptible to two antiretroviral drugs...
- HIV-1 resistance to first- and second-generation non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA MRT 3620, Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS Rev 11:165-73. 2009..The first data on rilpivirine resistance are encouraging, but still too preliminary...
- Breast enlargement in an HIV-infected man on combined antiretroviral therapy: what if it was carcinoma?S Sahali
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Int J STD AIDS 21:373-4. 2010..Gynaecomastia was first considered to be related to efavirenz and/or didanosine. Although breast carcinoma is rare among HIV-infected men, it should be considered as a potential cause of breast enlargement...
- Unboosted atazanavir-based therapy maintains control of HIV type-1 replication as effectively as a ritonavir-boosted regimenJade Ghosn
Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Antivir Ther 15:993-1002. 2010..For patients unable to tolerate these regimens, alternative therapeutic approaches are needed...
- Muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HAART-treated and naive HIV-infected patients: the MITOVIR studyJade Ghosn
Department des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 10:543-50. 2005..To assess the impact of nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination therapy on muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HIV-infected patients...
- Association between ABCC2 gene haplotypes and tenofovir-induced proximal tubulopathyHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris IV, 75013 Paris, France
J Infect Dis 194:1481-91. 2006..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) may induce renal proximal tubulopathy (rPT). There are no data on pharmacogenomic predictors of rPT in the genes encoding the multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) 2 and MRP4 transporters...
- [Sexual transmission of hepatitis C virus]Jade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, EA MRT 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris
Presse Med 34:1034-8. 2005..Sexual transmission of HCV may be enhanced by other concomitant sexually transmitted infections with genital erosive lesions or via traumatic sexual intercourse with abrasion of the genital mucosa...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a monovalent 2009 influenza A/H1N1v vaccine adjuvanted with AS03A or unadjuvanted in HIV-infected adults: a randomized, controlled trialOdile Launay
Universite Paris Descartes, France
J Infect Dis 204:124-34. 2011..Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients have decreased immune response to vaccines. Few data are available about pandemic flu vaccination in this population...
- Time course of total HIV-1 DNA and 2-long-terminal repeat circles in patients with controlled plasma viremia switching to a raltegravir-containing regimenConstance Delaugerre
Virology Department, INSERM U941 Paris 7 Diderot University, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 24:2391-5. 2010..In vitro, integrase inhibitors reduce proviral DNA levels and rapidly increase 2-long-terminal repeat (LTR) circle levels. We examined the effect of raltegravir on the time course of HIV-1 DNA forms in patients with controlled viremia...
- Post-exposure prophylaxis with a maraviroc-containing regimen after occupational exposure to a multi-resistant HIV-infected source personFrédéric Méchaï
1 AP HP, Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases Department, Bicetre University Hospital, Paris XI University, Le Kremin Bicêtre, France
J Med Virol 80:9-10. 2008..Post-exposure prophylaxis was well tolerated, with no increase in liver function tests. The health care worker remained HIV-negative after a 6-month follow-up...
- Safety and immunogenicity of 4 intramuscular double doses and 4 intradermal low doses vs standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen in adults with HIV-1: a randomized controlled trialOdile Launay
Paris Descartes University, France
JAMA 305:1432-40. 2011..Alternative schedules more immunogenic than the standard hepatitis B vaccine regimen are needed in patients with human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1) infection...
- Polylactic acid implants (New-Fill) to correct facial lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients: results of the open-label study VEGAMarc Antoine Valantin
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, INSERM 0214 Université Pierre et Marie CURIE, Paris, France
AIDS 17:2471-7. 2003..In the absence of currently available therapy to manage facial lipoatrophy, strategies used to compensate for facial fat loss warrant clinical evaluation...
- Twelve months of routine HIV screening in 6 emergency departments in the Paris area: results from the ANRS URDEP studyEnrique Casalino
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Paris Nord Val de Seine, Service d accueil des urgences, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e46437. 2012..We examined whether routine HIV screening with a rapid test in emergency departments (EDs) was feasible without dedicated staff, and whether newly diagnosed persons could be linked to care...
- Nuclear bilateral Bell's palsy and ageusia associated with Mycoplasma pneumoniae pulmonary infectionSalim Trad
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Med Microbiol 54:417-9. 2005..pneumoniae post-infectious neurological manifestations...
- Warning: antiretroviral treatment interruption could lead to an increased risk of HIV transmissionRoland Tubiana
AIDS 16:1083-4. 2002
- Virologic outcome after switching from a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor to tenofovir in patients with undetectable HIV-1 RNA plasma levelMarc Wirden
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:876-8. 2004
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis induced by HIV postexposure prophylaxis with lopinavir-ritonavirJade Ghosn
Clin Infect Dis 41:1360-1. 2005
- Atypical toxoplasmic manifestation after discontinuation of maintenance therapy in a human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patient with immune recoveryJade Ghosn
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitié Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 37:e112-4. 2003..This atypical recurrence was more likely to be a reinfection than a reactivation, as attested by the genotypic analysis of the Toxoplasma gondii strain recovered from the patient...
- Liver fibrosis and antiretroviral therapyJade Ghosn
Clin Infect Dis 42:271-2. 2006
- Efficacy of early treatment of acute hepatitis C infection with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in HIV-infected patientsStephanie Dominguez
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases INSERM U 720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
AIDS 20:1157-61. 2006..Treatment of acute hepatitis C (HCV) in HIV-infected patients has been poorly addressed...
- HIV-2 infection and HIV-associated nephropathyHassane Izzedine
AIDS 20:949-50. 2006