- Acute hepatitis C in HIV-infected men who have sex with menJ Ghosn
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 5:303-6. 2004....
- HIV-1 resistant strains acquired at the time of primary infection massively fuel the cellular reservoir and persist for lengthy periods of timeJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Université René Descartes Paris, France
AIDS 20:159-70. 2006....
- [Sexual transmission of hepatitis C virus]Jade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, EA MRT 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris
Presse Med 34:1034-8. 2005..Sexual transmission of HCV may be enhanced by other concomitant sexually transmitted infections with genital erosive lesions or via traumatic sexual intercourse with abrasion of the genital mucosa...
- Muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HAART-treated and naive HIV-infected patients: the MITOVIR studyJade Ghosn
Department des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 10:543-50. 2005..To assess the impact of nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI) combination therapy on muscle and liver lactate metabolism in HIV-infected patients...
- Evidence of genotypic resistance diversity of archived and circulating viral strains in blood and semen of pre-treated HIV-infected menJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620 Université R Descartes, CHU Necker, Paris
AIDS 18:447-57. 2004..To study the genetic diversity of drug-resistant HIV strains present in blood and in semen, especially those archived in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and non-sperm cells (NSC)...
- Antiviral activity of low-dose alovudine in antiretroviral-experienced patients: results from a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-ranging trialJ Ghosn
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
HIV Med 8:142-7. 2007..88 log(10) HIV-1 RNA copies/mL. The magnitude of the reduction in viral load suggested that lower doses might still be effective while offering adequate safety during long-term use...
- Atypical toxoplasmic manifestation after discontinuation of maintenance therapy in a human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patient with immune recoveryJade Ghosn
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitié Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 37:e112-4. 2003..This atypical recurrence was more likely to be a reinfection than a reactivation, as attested by the genotypic analysis of the Toxoplasma gondii strain recovered from the patient...
- [Tolosa-Hunt syndrome revealing Burkitt lymphoma in an HIV-seropositive patient]Jade Ghosn
Département de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris 75
Presse Med 32:1319-22. 2003..It regresses rapidly with systemic corticosteroid therapy. Lymphomas involving the cavernous sinus may mimic a Tolosa-Hunt syndrome and hence delay diagnosis...
- Stable frequency of HIV-1 transmitted drug resistance in patients at the time of primary infection over 1996-2006 in FranceMarie Laure Chaix
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
AIDS 23:717-24. 2009....
- Prevalence of CXCR4-tropic viruses in clustered transmission chains at the time of primary HIV-1 infectionP Frange
EA 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 19:E252-5. 2013..5% and 5.3%, respectively (p 0.35). Our results are in line with the hypothesis of a mucosal bottleneck contributing to the high prevalence of CCR5 variants during PHI...
- X4 tropic multi-drug resistant quasi-species detected at the time of primary HIV-1 infection remain exclusive or at least dominant far from PHIJade Ghosn
Universite Paris Descartes, EA 3620, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 6:e23301. 2011..X4-tropic variants present at baseline were still exclusive (patients D and E) or dominant (at least one time point, patient C) far from PHI...
- Increase in hepatitis C virus incidence in HIV-1-infected patients followed up since primary infectionJ Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620, Université René Descartes Paris5, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Sex Transm Infect 82:458-60. 2006..An increase in the incidence of sexually transmitted infections and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections in HIV-infected men who have sex with men (MSM) has recently been reported...
- Greater decrease in bone mineral density with protease inhibitor regimens compared with nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor regimens in HIV-1 infected naive patientsClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
AIDS 23:817-24. 2009..To evaluate the change in bone mineral density (BMD) at specific sites in patients initiating antiretroviral therapy in a substudy of the ANRS 121 trial...
- [Enhancing immune restoration in human immunodeficiency virus infection]S Sahali
AP HP, Service de Medecine Interne et Maladies Infectieuses, CHU de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94270 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Med Interne 32:425-31. 2011..Here we review several current strategies that may improve immune reconstitution, keeping in mind that the best way to reach normal CD4T cell count is an early treatment initiation...
- [Legionellosis in HIV-1 infected patients. 4 case reports]D Sene
Services de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 Bd de l Hopital, Paris
Presse Med 31:356-8. 2002..Contrary to patients exhibiting cellular immunodepression, legionellosis is rare in HIV-infected patients. We report 4 cases...
- [Autoimmune myelofibrosis with dermatomyositis]S Sahali
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU de Bicetre, AP HP, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Rev Med Interne 30:71-3. 2009..We report a second observation of autoimmune myelofibrosis associated with an inflammatory myositis in a 30-year-old female. The links between myelofibrosis and autoimmunity are discussed...
- [Male genital tract infection: the point of view of the virologist]M Leruez-Ville
Laboratoire de Virologie, université Paris Descartes EA MRT 3620, Faculté de Médecine AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:684-90. 2005..Recent advances in this field have allowed to offer Assisted reproductive techniques to couples with chronic viral infection, under strict and specific protocols. This paper presents an overview of these recent developments...
- Post-exposure prophylaxis with a maraviroc-containing regimen after occupational exposure to a multi-resistant HIV-infected source personFrédéric Méchaï
1 AP HP, Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases Department, Bicetre University Hospital, Paris XI University, Le Kremin Bicêtre, France
J Med Virol 80:9-10. 2008..Post-exposure prophylaxis was well tolerated, with no increase in liver function tests. The health care worker remained HIV-negative after a 6-month follow-up...
- Pattern and impact of emerging resistance mutations in treatment experienced patients failing darunavir-containing regimenConstance Delaugerre
Virology Department, Saint Louis Hospital APHP, Paris, France
AIDS 22:1809-13. 2008..Limited data are available on resistance pattern emerging in patients failing DRV/r and on subsequent remaining protease inhibitor options...
- HIV-1 X4/R5 co-receptor in viral reservoir during suppressive HAARTCathia Soulie
Department of Virology EA2387, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
AIDS 21:2243-5. 2007..This suggests that CCR5 antagonist activity should not be compromised in patients harbouring R5 viruses before starting HAART...
- Lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy or plus zidovudine and lamivudine in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected patientsJean Francois Delfraissy
AP HP, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Bicetre University Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS 22:385-93. 2008..Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents for HIV-1 infection recommend combining at least three agents. The toxicity, cost, and complexity of such regimens warrant the search for other options...
- Antiretroviral therapy with a twice-daily regimen containing 400 milligrams of indinavir and 100 milligrams of ritonavir in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected women during pregnancyJade Ghosn
AP HP, Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1542-4. 2008..At delivery, 26 of 28 women on indinavir-ritonavir had HIV RNA levels of <200 copies/ml. No infant was HIV infected. These data are encouraging for the use of this combination for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV...
- Sexually transmitted hepatitis C virus superinfection in HIV/hepatitis C virus co-infected men who have sex with menJade Ghosn
AP HP, EA MRT 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Department of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 22:658-61. 2008..HCV serology and serum HCV RNA should be examined periodically in HIV-infected men who have sex with men engaging in high-risk sexual behaviours...
- Initial therapy with nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens is more effective than with regimens that spare them with no difference in short-term fat distribution: Hippocampe-ANRS 121 TrialClaudine Duvivier
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 62:797-808. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact on body fat of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-sparing regimens compared with NRTI-containing therapy in HIV-1-infected antiretroviral (ARV)-naive patients...
- Absence of HIV-1 shedding in male genital tract after 1 year of first-line lopinavir/ritonavir alone or in combination with zidovudine/lamivudineJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620, Universite Rene Descartes Paris 5, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:1344-7. 2008..More than 80% of untreated HIV-infected men have detectable HIV-RNA in semen and such a strategy could favour local selection of resistant variants, given the poor penetration of most PIs in semen...
- Ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitor monotherapy for the treatment of HIV-1 infectionSabrinel Sahali
AP HP, Bicetre University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Paris Sud University, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
AIDS Rev 10:4-14. 2008..The more frequent occurrence of low-level viremia, however, does not allow the widespread use of such a strategy outside of clinical studies at this time...
- Efficacy and safety of tenofovir double-dose in treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients: the TENOPLUS studyStephanie Dominguez
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM U720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Med Virol 79:105-10. 2007..This add-on pilot study supports the concept of double dose tenofovir to virologically overcome the decreased sensitivity of NRTI-resistant viruses. However, the safety of this regimen needs to be considered carefully...
- Association between ABCC2 gene haplotypes and tenofovir-induced proximal tubulopathyHassane Izzedine
Department of Nephrology, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris IV, 75013 Paris, France
J Infect Dis 194:1481-91. 2006..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) may induce renal proximal tubulopathy (rPT). There are no data on pharmacogenomic predictors of rPT in the genes encoding the multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) 2 and MRP4 transporters...
- Efficacy of a twice-daily antiretroviral regimen containing 100 mg ritonavir/400 mg indinavir in HIV-infected patientsJade Ghosn
Department of Infectious Diseases, Inserm EO214, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
AIDS 17:209-14. 2003....
- Comparison of the dynamics of resistance-associated mutations to nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and protease inhibitors after cessation of antiretroviral combination therapyMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, INSERM EMI 0214, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:644-7. 2004....
- Efficacy and safety of ritonavir/indinavir 100/400 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside analogues in antiretroviral treatment-naive HIV-infected individualsClaudine Duvivier
Department of Infectious Diseases, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 8:603-9. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of indinavir/ritonavir (IDV/RTV) 400/100 mg twice daily in combination with two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors in antiretroviral-naive patients...
- Virologic outcome after switching from a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor to tenofovir in patients with undetectable HIV-1 RNA plasma levelMarc Wirden
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:876-8. 2004
- Polylactic acid implants (New-Fill) to correct facial lipoatrophy in HIV-infected patients: results of the open-label study VEGAMarc Antoine Valantin
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, INSERM 0214 Université Pierre et Marie CURIE, Paris, France
AIDS 17:2471-7. 2003..In the absence of currently available therapy to manage facial lipoatrophy, strategies used to compensate for facial fat loss warrant clinical evaluation...
- Penetration of enfuvirtide, tenofovir, efavirenz, and protease inhibitors in the genital tract of HIV-1-infected menJade Ghosn
Laboratoire de Virologie, EA MRT 3620 Université René Descartes, France
AIDS 18:1958-61. 2004..These are worrying findings, because suboptimal semen drug concentrations may enhance the risk of sexually transmitted drug-resistant HIV variants...
- MIV-310 reduces HIV viral load in patients failing multiple antiretroviral therapy: results from a 4-week phase II studyChristine Katlama
Département des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales INSERM E0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
AIDS 18:1299-304. 2004..MIV-310 (alovudine), a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, potently inhibits the replication of highly mutated strains of HIV in vitro. We examined the efficacy of MIV-310 in highly pretreated patients...
- No benefit of a structured treatment interruption based on genotypic resistance in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsJade Ghosn
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
AIDS 19:1643-7. 2005..To evaluate the potential benefits of a tailored antiretroviral treatment interruption with duration based on the observed reversion of resistance mutations...
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis induced by HIV postexposure prophylaxis with lopinavir-ritonavirJade Ghosn
Clin Infect Dis 41:1360-1. 2005
- Liver fibrosis and antiretroviral therapyJade Ghosn
Clin Infect Dis 42:271-2. 2006
- Efficacy of early treatment of acute hepatitis C infection with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in HIV-infected patientsStephanie Dominguez
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases INSERM U 720, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
AIDS 20:1157-61. 2006..Treatment of acute hepatitis C (HCV) in HIV-infected patients has been poorly addressed...
- Risk factors for selection of the L74I reverse transcriptase mutation in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patientsMarc Wirden
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2553-6. 2006..L74I was strongly associated with T215F, K70R, and V75M/S/T/A mutations and increased with the number of thymidine analog mutations. It seemed to be linked to the use of abacavir or efavirenz...
- Foscarnet salvage therapy for patients with late-stage HIV disease and multiple drug resistanceAna Canestri
Department des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:561-6. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of foscarnet on HIV infection in patients with late-stage HIV disease and multiple drug resistance...
- Warning: antiretroviral treatment interruption could lead to an increased risk of HIV transmissionRoland Tubiana
AIDS 16:1083-4. 2002
- HIV-2 infection and HIV-associated nephropathyHassane Izzedine
AIDS 20:949-50. 2006