Genomes and Genes
Romain K Gherardi
- Myofiber HLA-DR expression is a distinctive biomarker for antisynthetase-associated myopathyJessie Aouizerate
Reference Center for Neuromuscular Diseases, Hopital Henri Mondor, APHP, Creteil, France
Acta Neuropathol Commun 2:154. 2014..To assess the value of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II antigen (HLA-DR) expression to distinguish anti-synthetase myopathy (ASM) from dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Clinical heterogeneity of duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD): definition of sub-phenotypes and predictive criteria by long-term follow-upIsabelle Desguerre
Department of Neuropediatrics, Neuromuscular Disease Reference Center Garches Necker Mondor Hendaye, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4347. 2009..To explore clinical heterogeneity of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), viewed as a major obstacle to the interpretation of therapeutic trials..
- Selective elevation of circulating CCL2/MCP1 levels in patients with longstanding post-vaccinal macrophagic myofasciitis and ASIAJosette Cadusseau
Universite Paris Est, Faculté de Sciences et Technologie, Creteil, 94000, France
Curr Med Chem 21:511-7. 2014..These results suggest that CCL2 may represent a biological marker relevant to the pathophysiology of MMF rather than a non specific inflammatory marker and that it should be checked in the other syndromes constitutive of ASIA. ..
- Pathogenic aspects of dermatomyositis, polymyositis and overlap myositisRomain K Gherardi
CHU Henri Mondor, AP HP, centre de référence des maladies neuromusculaires Garches Necker_Mondor Hendaye, Service d Histologie, 94010 Creteil, France
Presse Med 40:e209-18. 2011....
- Endomysial fibrosis in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a marker of poor outcome associated with macrophage alternative activationIsabelle Desguerre
AP HP, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Neuropediatry Unit, Paris, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68:762-73. 2009....
- Muscle resident macrophages control the immune cell reaction in a mouse model of notexin-induced myoinjuryMadly Brigitte
INSERM U955, Groupe Hospitalier Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12 Val de Marne, Creteil, France
Arthritis Rheum 62:268-79. 2010..This study was undertaken to explore both the cell dynamics and functions of resident macrophages and dendritic cells (DCs) in damaged muscle, using a mouse model of notexin-induced myoinjury to study innate immune cell reactions...
- Macrophages improve survival, proliferation and migration of engrafted myogenic precursor cells into MDX skeletal musclePierre François Lesault
INSERM, U955, Creteil, France
PLoS ONE 7:e46698. 2012....
- Distinctive clinical features in arthro-myalgic patients with and without aluminum hydroxyde-induced macrophagic myofasciitis: an exploratory studyNilusha Ragunathan-Thangarajah
INSERM U955 Equipe 10, Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil, France
J Inorg Biochem 128:262-6. 2013..5 vs 5.7%, p < 0.01). Predictive bioclinical scores based on simple variables such as the number of fibromyalgic tender points, arthralgias, and spinal pain, had sensitivity ranging from 50 to 88.1% and specificity from 36.4 to 76.1%...
- Autocrine and paracrine angiopoietin 1/Tie-2 signaling promotes muscle satellite cell self-renewalRana Abou-Khalil
INSERM, U955, Creteil, France
Cell Stem Cell 5:298-309. 2009..We propose that Ang1/Tie-2 signaling regulates mpc self-renewal by controlling the return to quiescence of a subset of satellite cells...
- In vivo fusion of circulating fluorescent cells with dystrophin-deficient myofibers results in extensive sarcoplasmic fluorescence expression but limited dystrophin sarcolemmal expressionFabrice Chretien
INSERM E0011, Cellular Interactions in the Neuromuscular System, Faculty of Medicine, Paris XII University, Creteil, France
Am J Pathol 166:1741-8. 2005....
- A new model of experimental fibrosis in hindlimb skeletal muscle of adult mdx mouse mimicking muscular dystrophyIsabelle Desguerre
INSERM, U1016, Institut Cochin Département Génétique et Développement, Paris, France
Muscle Nerve 45:803-14. 2012..However, the dystrophin-deficient mdx mouse does not have fibrotic lesions in adult limb muscles. Here, we describe a model of chronic mechanical muscle injury that triggers chronic lesions in mdx hindlimb muscle...
- Skeletal muscle involvement in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)François Jérome Authier
Hopital Henri Mondor, Departement de Pathologie, Creteil F 94010, France
Muscle Nerve 32:247-60. 2005....
- Adult bone marrow-derived stem cells in muscle connective tissue and satellite cell nichesPatrick A Dreyfus
INSERM EMI 0011, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Am J Pathol 164:773-9. 2004..We conclude that both muscle satellite cells and stem cell marker-expressing cells located in muscle connective tissue can derive from BM in adulthood...
- Bone grafts cultured with bone marrow stromal cells for the repair of critical bone defects: an experimental study in miceAline Dumas
INSERM, U922, LHEA, Faculte de Medecine, 49045 Angers Cedex, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 90:1218-29. 2009..No GFP+ cell was noted after 8 weeks. However, pre-implantation culture of the biomaterial with allogenic BMSC greatly enhanced the bone regeneration...
- Long-term persistence of vaccine-derived aluminum hydroxide is associated with chronic cognitive dysfunctionMaryline Couette
INSERM, Unite U955, Team 1, Creteil F 94010, France
J Inorg Biochem 103:1571-8. 2009..In conclusion, long-term persistence of vaccine-derived aluminum hydroxide within the body assessed by MMF is associated with cognitive dysfunction, not solely due to chronic pain, fatigue and depression...
- Muscle satellite cells and endothelial cells: close neighbors and privileged partnersChristo Christov
INSERM, Unite 841, IMRB, Team No 10, Creteil, F 94000, France
Mol Biol Cell 18:1397-409. 2007..Thus, SCs are largely juxtavascular and reciprocally interact with ECs during differentiation to support angio-myogenesis...
- Slow CCL2-dependent translocation of biopersistent particles from muscle to brainZakir Khan
INSERM, U955, 8 rue du General Sarrail, Creteil, 94010, France
BMC Med 11:99. 2013....
- Whole microvascular unit deletions in dermatomyositisCyril Gitiaux
Neuropediatry Unit, AP HP, Necker Enfants Malades, Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 72:445-52. 2013..The study is a reappraisal of the microvascular involvement in light of the microvascular organisation in normal human muscle...
- Myoinjury transiently activates muscle antigen-specific CD8+ T cells in lymph nodes in a mouse modelHua Liao
INSERM U955, E10, Universite Paris Est, Creteil, France
Arthritis Rheum 64:3441-51. 2012..To investigate the influence of myoinjury on antigen presentation to T cells in draining lymph nodes (LNs)...
- Inflammatory monocytes recruited after skeletal muscle injury switch into antiinflammatory macrophages to support myogenesisLudovic Arnold
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 841, Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomedicale, Cell Interactions in the Neuromuscular System Team, Universite Paris 12 Val de Marne, Creteil, France
J Exp Med 204:1057-69. 2007..In conclusion, injured skeletal muscle recruits MOs exhibiting inflammatory profiles that operate phagocytosis and rapidly convert to antiinflammatory MPs that stimulate myogenesis and fiber growth...
- Dual effects of exercise in dysferlinopathyOlivier Biondi
Cellular Interactions in the Neuromuscular System Team, INSERM U955 E 10, Université Paris Est Créteil, Creteil, France
Am J Pathol 182:2298-309. 2013..Transposed to humans, our results may suggest that the past activity profile shapes the clinical phenotype of the myopathy and that patients with dysferlinopathy should likely benefit from concentric exercise-based physiotherapy...
- Aluminum inclusion macrophagic myofasciitis: a recently identified conditionRomain K Gherardi
Muscle and Nerve Group, Henri Mondor University Hospital, Creteil, France
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 23:699-712. 2003....
- Long-term follow-up of cognitive dysfunction in patients with aluminum hydroxide-induced macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF)Elodie Passeri
Paris Est Creteil University and Henri Mondor University Hospital APHP Reference Center for Neuromuscular Diseases Garches Necker Mondor Hendaye, Creteil, F 94010, France
J Inorg Biochem 105:1457-63. 2011..Long-term follow-up of a subset of patients with 3 or 4 consecutive neuropsychological evaluations confirmed the stability of MACD with time, despite marked fluctuations...
- Satellite cells attract monocytes and use macrophages as a support to escape apoptosis and enhance muscle growthBénédicte Chazaud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, EMI 00 11, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94000 Creteil, France
J Cell Biol 163:1133-43. 2003..We conclude that once activated, mpc, which are located close by capillaries, initiate monocyte recruitment and interplay with MP to amplify chemotaxis and enhance muscle growth...