- Medical student effect on emergency department length of stayP Gerbeaux
Service d Accueil et de Traitement des Urgences and Département d Information Médicale, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Ann Emerg Med 37:275-8. 2001..Taking advantage of a medical student strike, the authors evaluated the effect of medical students on emergency department length of stay (LOS)...
- Use of heliox in patients with severe exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseP Gerbeaux
Service d accueil des urgences, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Crit Care Med 29:2322-4. 2001..To assess whether patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treated with heliox have a better prognosis than those treated with standard therapy...
- [Imaging strategy for cervical spine injury]Patrick Gerbeaux
Service d accueil des urgences, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille
Presse Med 32:1853-6. 2003..Lesions of the ligaments are often missed and should be systematically searched for using dynamic imaging. These can be done at distance from the injury...
- [Do non-urgent patients presenting to an emergency department agree with a reorientation towards an alternative care department?]S Gentile
Laboratoire de Santé Publique, Faculte de Medecine, 27, Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 57:3-9. 2009..The objective of this study is to assess provision of the shift to other health care facilities for no urgent ED patients, starting from entry to ED at the request of the triage nurse...
- Helium-oxygen reduces work of breathing in mechanically ventilated patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMarc Gainnier
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, 13274 Marseille 9, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1666-70. 2003..To evaluate whether helium-oxygen mixture reduces inspiratory work of breathing (WOB) in sedated, paralyzed, and mechanically ventilated patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Effects of helium-oxygen mixtures on endotracheal tubes: an in vitro studyPatrick Gerbeaux
Emergency Department, Hopital Conception, 147 Bd Baille, Marseille Cedex 5 13385, France
J Biomech 38:33-7. 2005..To determine flow pattern and critical Reynolds numbers in endotracheal tubes submitted to different helium-oxygen mixtures under laboratory conditions...