- No evidence for an association between common nonsynonymous polymorphisms in delta and bristle number variation in natural and laboratory populations of Drosophila melanogasterAnne Genissel
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 2525, USA
Genetics 166:291-306. 2004..Unidentified regulatory variants more parsimoniously explain previous observations...
- How repeatable are associations between polymorphisms in achaete-scute and bristle number variation in Drosophila?Jonathan D Gruber
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Genetics 175:1987-97. 2007..Nevertheless, inconsistent results from the other three panels suggest that the relationship between polymorphic genetic markers and loci contributing to continuous variation is not a simple one...
- Quantitative trait loci affecting phenotypic plasticity and the allometric relationship of ovariole number and thorax length in Drosophila melanogasterAlan O Bergland
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Genetics 180:567-82. 2008..The results are discussed in the context of multivariate trait evolution...
- A low-cost open-source SNP genotyping platform for association mapping applicationsStuart J Macdonald
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California Irvine, CA 92697 2525, USA
Genome Biol 6:R105. 2005..The cost-effective, open-source nature of our methodology may make it particularly attractive to those working in nonmodel systems...
- Cis and trans regulatory effects contribute to natural variation in transcriptome of Drosophila melanogasterAnne Genissel
Section of Evolution and Ecology, University of California, Davis, USA
Mol Biol Evol 25:101-10. 2008..In addition, we identified 15 genes that have alternative splice variants differentially regulated in cis...
- Sex-specific expression of alternative transcripts in DrosophilaLauren M McIntyre
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Genome Biol 7:R79. 2006..Here, we describe a genome-wide analysis of sex-specific expression of alternative transcripts in Drosophila melanogaster...