- Transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound: minimally invasive therapy of localized prostate cancerA Gelet
Urology Department, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
J Endourol 14:519-28. 2000..Criteria for determining the durability of the response to transrectal high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) ablation of prostate cancer have been established by calculating progression-free probability...
- Transrectal high intensity focused ultrasound for the treatment of localized prostate cancer: factors influencing the outcomeA Gelet
Urology Department, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Eur Urol 40:124-9. 2001..Efficacy evaluation of high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) treatment for localized prostate cancer and identification of the factors affecting the outcome...
- MRI appearance of prostate following transrectal HIFU ablation of localized cancerO Rouviere
Department of Genitourinary Radiology, Unit 281, Lyon, France
Eur Urol 40:265-74. 2001....
- New integrated imaging high intensity focused ultrasound probe for transrectal prostate cancer treatmentS Pichardo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U556, cours Albert Thomas, Lyon, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:1105-16. 2008..97): 66.7 % of negative biopsies and 75% of patients with PSA at 3 mo < or =1 ng/mL. The morbidity observed was minimal and identical to that observed with the original probe...
- [HIFU for prostate cancer in patients with a history of severe colorectal disease]A Mitach
Service d urologie et chirurgie de la transplantation, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Prog Urol 21:619-24. 2011..To report the functional and oncological outcomes of HIFU for prostate cancer in patients with a history of severe colorectal disease...
- Bloodless partial nephrectomy with a new high-intensity collimated ultrasonic coagulating applicator in the porcine modelF J Murat
Department of Urology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Urology 68:226-30. 2006..To evaluate the long-term hemostatic efficacy of a new high-intensity collimated ultrasonic (HICU) applicator for open subhilar partial nephrectomy (PN) in the porcine model...
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction: use of helical CT for preoperative assessment--comparison with intraarterial angiographyO Rouviere
Department of Radiology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Radiology 213:668-73. 1999..To evaluate helical computed tomography (CT) in the preoperative assessment of crossing arteries in kidneys with ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction and to compare the results with those obtained by means of angiography...
- [Emphysematous pyelonephritis: report of 3 cases]D Touiti
Service d Urologie, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Prog Urol 11:703-6. 2001....
- [Bone-anchored suburethral sling complicated by pubic osteomyelitis: a case report]A Bensouda
Service d urologie et de la transplantation, Pavillon V, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Place d Arsonval, 69003, Lyon, France
Prog Urol 19:145-8. 2009..The healing was achieved after explantation of the material implanted (screws and sling) with bone debridement and prolonged antibiotics...
- Elastography for the follow-up of high-intensity focused ultrasound prostate cancer treatment: initial comparison with MRIL Curiel
INSERM U556, Lyon, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:1461-8. 2005..Further investigation will be conducted using better suited ultrasound equipment and performing real-time elastogram calculations...
- Detection of bladder dysplasia using 5-aminolaevulinic acid-induced porphyrin fluorescenceJ L Landry
Service d'Urologie et Chirurgie de la Transplantation, , Lyon, France
BJU Int 91:623-6. 2003..However, this technique requires further investigation using well-characterized instrumentation and study protocols to determine any effect on treatment choice...
- [MR detection of local prostate cancer recurrence after transrectal high-intensity focused US treatment: preliminary results]A Ben Cheikh
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Département d Imagerie Urinaire et Vasculaire, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03
J Radiol 89:571-7. 2008..To assess T2W and dynamic: contrast-enhanced (DCE) MR imaging in the detection of local tumor recurrence after transrectal high-intensity focused US (HIFU) treatment...
- [Recanalization of pelvic ureter in prostatic neoplastic obstruction: endoscopic and radiologic approach]D Touiti
Service d'Urologie et de la Transplantation, , place d'Arsonval, 69437 Lyon, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 35:335-8. 2001..Blunt dissection with the endoscope is usualy blood less. This palliative procedure can be done in patients with poor general condition and allows for a better quality of life than nephrostomy or urinary diversions...
- Influence of the docetaxel administration period (neoadjuvant or concomitant) in relation to HIFU treatment on the growth of Dunning tumors: results of a preliminary studyP Paparel
Department of Urology, Lyon Sud Hospital, Pierre Benite, France
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 11:181-6. 2008..The results are encouraging because in the two groups of rats treated with the combination of HIFU and docetaxel, the percentage of complete remission was approximately 30%...
- [Treatment of uretero-intestinal and uretero-vesical stenoses with the Acucise balloon catheter]D Touiti
Service d'Urologie et de la Transplantation, , place d'Arsonval, 69437 Lyon
Prog Urol 11:1224-30. 2001..In our department, this option is considered to be first-line treatment, as surgical reimplantation is reserved for failures of the endoscopic technique...
- [Indications, techniques and outcomes of high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of localized prostate cancer]L Poissonnier
Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon 03, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 41:237-53. 2007..Furthermore, this therapy is a viable option for patients with a local relapse after external beam radiation therapy: oncologic efficacy is conversely related to the initial prostate cancer stage before radiation therapy...
- [Locally recurrent prostatic adenocarcinoma after exclusive radiotherapy: results of high intensity focused ultrasound]L Poissonnier
Service d urologie et chirurgie de la transplantation, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, université Claude Bernard de Lyon 1, 5, Place d Arsonval, Lyon 69003, France
Prog Urol 18:223-9. 2008..To determine the efficacy and adverse effects of high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of local recurrence of prostate cancer after exclusive external beam radiotherapy...
- Principles and results of high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancerM Colombel
Urology and Transplantation Surgery, Edouard Herriot Medical Center, Claude Bernard University, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437, Lyon Cedex, France
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 7:289-94. 2004..This makes HIFU a viable alternative in patients not candidate for radical therapy...