J F Gautier
- [Physical activity as a therapeutic tool in type 2 diabetes: the rationale]J F Gautier
Service de diabétologie endocrinologie, Hopital Saint Louis, F 75475 Paris Cedex 10
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 65:S44-51. 2004..The crucial point, however, remains their feasibility, as well as the lack of long term patient's motivation and compliance which may partly explain the current low level of physical exercise observed in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Exercise training-induced triglyceride lowering negatively correlates with DHEA levels in men with type 2 diabetesP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Paris, France
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1108-12. 2001..To investigate the effect of an exercise training program on lipid profile in correlation with DHEA level and body weight and body composition in type 2 diabetic men...
- Hyperglycaemia acutely decreases circulating dehydroepiandrosterone levels in healthy menP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, University of Paris VII Medical School, Paris 10, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 64:46-52. 2006..This study was conducted in order to evaluate the effect of glucose-insulin homeostasis on adrenal steroids and was designed to separate the effects of hyperglycaemia from those of insulin...
- Biological actions of the incretins GIP and GLP-1 and therapeutic perspectives in patients with type 2 diabetesJ F Gautier
Service de Diabétologie Endocrinologie et INSERM CIC9504, Hopital Saint Louis, F 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Diabetes Metab 31:233-42. 2005..Further results are expected to confirm the efficacy/safety profile of these compounds, and to find their place in the therapeutic strategy of type 2 diabetes...
- Absence of exercise-induced variations in adiponectin levels despite decreased abdominal adiposity and improved insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetic menP Boudou
Department of Hormonal Biology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hospitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 149:421-4. 2003..We investigated the effect of an intensive training program on fasting leptin and adiponectin levels...
- [Physical activity and type 2 diabetes]J F Gautier
Service de Diabétologie et d Endocrinologie, Hopital Saint Louis, INSERM U671, Institut de Recherches biomédicales des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Rev Med Liege 60:395-401. 2005..This paper briefly presents some practical recommendations about physical activity in obese and/or type 2 diabetic patients...
- Low acute insulin secretory responses in adult offspring of people with early onset type 2 diabetesJ F Gautier
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 50:1828-33. 2001..1,255 [1,045-1,505] pmol/l, P < 0.02). Thus, insulin secretion is lower in normal glucose tolerant offspring of people with early onset type 2 diabetes. This impairment may be worsened by exposure to a diabetic environment in utero...
- Metabolic and immunogenetic prediction of long-term insulin remission in African patients with atypical diabetesE Sobngwi
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, and Clinical Investigation Centre, Saint-Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Diabet Med 19:832-5. 2002..In our patients, long-term insulin therapy was not associated with immunogenetic markers of Type 1 diabetes. The initial measure of insulin secretion seemed a good predictor of long-term remission...
- Spontaneous physical activity in children: a disturbing factor?J F Gautier
Department of Endocrinology, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
Diabetes Metab 28:55. 2002
- Subcutaneous insulin resistance successfully circumvented on long term by peritoneal insulin delivery from an implantable pump in four diabetic patientsJ P Riveline
Service de diabétologie et endocrinologie, Hôpital Sud Francilien, Corbeil Essonnes, France
Diabetes Metab 31:496-8. 2005..Until now, proposed treatments have been disappointing. We report 4 cases who were successfully treated by intraperitoneal (IP) route...
- Effect of satiation on brain activity in obese and lean womenJ F Gautier
Clinical Diabetes and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Obes Res 9:676-84. 2001..It also lends additional support to the hypothesis that the paralimbic areas participate in a central orexigenic network modulated by the prefrontal cortex through feedback loops...
- Effect of raloxifene -- a selective oestrogen receptor modulator -- on kidney function in post-menopausal women with Type 2 diabetes: results from a randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trialS Hadjadj
CHU Poitiers, Endocrinology, Poitiers, and INSERM ERM 324, Poitiers, France
Diabet Med 24:906-10. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that raloxifene protects against increasing urinary albumin excretion in post-menopausal women with Type 2 diabetes in a randomized pilot clinical trial...