- Superiority of the triple combination of bortezomib-thalidomide-dexamethasone over the dual combination of thalidomide-dexamethasone in patients with multiple myeloma progressing or relapsing after autologous transplantation: the MMVAR/IFM 2005-04 RandomiLaurent Garderet
University Hospital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 30:2475-82. 2012....
- [Treatment of myeloma in the elderly]Laurent Garderet
Hopital Saint Antoine, Service d Hématologie et de Thérapie Cellulaire, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012 Paris, France
Bull Cancer 95:F84-8. 2008..The addition of thalidomide to alkeran plus prednisone has increased overall survival of two years. For the first time, major therapeutic improvements are emerging giving rise to better prognosis...
- Unimpaired terminal erythroid differentiation and preserved enucleation capacity in myelodysplastic 5q(del) clones: a single cell studyLaurent Garderet
INSERM, UMR_S 938, Paris, France
Haematologica 95:398-405. 2010..In particular, data are lacking on the terminal phase of differentiation of erythroid cells (enucleation) in myelodysplastic syndromes...
- 'Indolent' Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia and a cerebrospinal fluid protein level of 16 g/LLaurent Garderet
Department of Hematology, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Eur J Haematol 77:80-2. 2006..Very rarely, it is due to a central nervous system localization, the so-called Bing Neel Syndrome. We report a patient with an 'indolent' systemic disease and surprisingly a concomitant major CNS involvement...
- Administration of alemtuzumab and G-CSF to adults with relapsed or refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of a phase II studyNorbert Claude Gorin
Department of Hematology and Cell Therapy, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and University UPMC, Paris, France
Eur J Haematol 91:315-21. 2013..The surviving patient is still alive after relapse and a second allogeneic stem cell transplantation. This study shows that in relapse/refractory ALL, alemtuzumab with G-CSF can produce good responses of short duration...
- Mesenchymal stem cell abnormalities in patients with multiple myelomaLaurent Garderet
INSERM, U832, EA1638, Paris, France
Leuk Lymphoma 48:2032-41. 2007..These data suggest that defective osteoblast function in patients with advanced MM may be related not only to factors released by tumor myeloma cells but also to MSC abnormalities...
- Poor ex vivo induction of T-cell responses to idiotype or tumor cell lysate-pulsed autologous dendritic cells in advanced pre-treated multiple myelomaLaurent Garderet
Inserm and EA1638, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1340-7. 2006..In conclusion, the T-cell response to pulsed DCs was very weak or absent. There are clinical and technical reasons that could explain, in part, this lack of response...
- Lenalidomide maintenance after stem-cell transplantation for multiple myelomaMichel Attal
Department of Hematology, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
N Engl J Med 366:1782-91. 2012..Residual disease is almost always present after transplantation and is responsible for relapse. This phase 3, placebo-controlled trial investigated the efficacy of lenalidomide maintenance therapy after transplantation...
- [18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) in aggressive lymphoma: an early prognostic tool for predicting patient outcomeCorinne Haioun
Department of Clinical Hematology, H Mondor Hospital, Paris XII University, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Blood 106:1376-81. 2005..Predictive value of "early PET" was observed in both the lower-risk and higher-risk groups, indicating prognostic independence from the IPI. Therefore, FDG-PET should be an early guide to first-line strategies in aggressive lymphoma...
- Two successful pregnancies in a chronic myeloid leukemia patient treated with imatinibLaurent Garderet
Department of Hematology, Saint Antoine Hospital, Paris, France
Haematologica 92:e9-10. 2007..The mother was in complete molecular remission, relapsed during pregnancy and reverted to remission in both cases after delivery...
- Complete remission of monoclonal gammopathy with ocular and periorbital crystal storing histiocytosis and Fanconi syndromeAlyette Duquesne
AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Department of Nephrology, Paris, F 75020 France
Hum Pathol 44:927-33. 2013..After 18 months follow-up, she is in complete hematological, ophthalmological, and renal remission...
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for de novo acute megakaryocytic leukemia in first complete remission: a retrospective study of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)Laurent Garderet
Centre International de Greffes, AP HP, Universite Paris VI, Paris, France
Blood 105:405-9. 2005..We conclude that M7 AML patients in CR1 (except children with Down syndrome, who already have better outcomes) can benefit from transplantation...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells accumulate in spleens from chronically HIV-infected patients but barely participate in interferon-alpha expressionMichelina Nascimbeni
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 8104, Paris, France
Blood 113:6112-9. 2009..Therefore, pDCs accumulated in spleens from HIV+ patients with high proviral loads, but they did not seem to be the main IFN-alpha producers...
- A broad T-cell repertoire diversity and an efficient thymic function indicate a favorable long-term immune reconstitution after cord blood stem cell transplantationKimmo Talvensaari
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, INSERM U 396, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie Service d Hématologie Greffe de Moelle, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Blood 99:1458-64. 2002..These data indicate an efficient thymic regeneration pathway from CB lymphoid progenitors despite the low number of cells infused compared to bone marrow, arguing for a complete clinical immune recovery after CB transplantation...