- A bioavailability study comparing two oral formulations containing zinc (Zn bis-glycinate vs. Zn gluconate) after a single administration to twelve healthy female volunteersPeggy Gandia
Laboratoire Cinétique des Xénobiotiques, Faculte de Pharmacie, 35 chemin des Maraîches, 31062 Toulouse 4, France
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 77:243-8. 2007..Bis-glycinate administration was safe and well tolerated and bis-glycinate significantly increased the oral bioavailability of zinc (+43.4%) compared with the gluconate...
- Unexpected high levels of vorinostat when combined with vinorelbine in patients with advanced cancerPeggy Gandia
EA4553, Institut Claudius Regaud and Universite de Toulouse, France
Curr Clin Pharmacol 6:274-9. 2011..Secondary aims were to determine (1) corresponding pharmacokinetics, (2) safety of this regimen, and (3) impact of UGT1A1 and 2B17 polymorphisms on vorinostat pharmacokinetics...
- Determination of unbound fraction of imatinib and N-desmethyl imatinib, validation of an UPLC-MS/MS assay and ultrafiltration methodCécile Arellano
EA4553, Laboratoire de Pharmacocinetique, Institut Claudius Regaud, 31052 Toulouse, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 907:94-100. 2012..Our results clearly showed that the methodology and the features of devices used for ultrafiltration could totally compromise the determination of unbound concentrations of a drug...
- Oral absorption of ampicillin: role of paracellular route vs. PepT1 transporterGuylène Lafforgue
Laboratoire Cinétique des Xénobiotiques, Faculte des sciences pharmaceutiques, 35 chemin des Maraichers, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 22:189-201. 2008..We suggest that the use of Caco-2 cells underestimates the role of the paracellular route in the absorption of hydrophilic drugs in vivo, and may exaggerate the role of influx transporters...
- Is once-daily mesalazine equivalent to the currently used twice-daily regimen? A study performed in 30 healthy volunteersPeggy Gandia
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et Toxicologie Clinique, Institut Fédératif de Biologie, Hopital Purpan, TSA 70034, 330 avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
J Clin Pharmacol 47:334-42. 2007..As it is desirable to offer patients a preparation with a less frequent administration to enhance compliance, this once-daily regimen may be an attractive dosing option...
- Influence of simulated weightlessness on the oral pharmacokinetics of acetaminophen as a gastric emptying probe in man: a plasma and a saliva studyPeggy Gandia
Hôpital Rangueil Larrey, Toulouse, France
J Clin Pharmacol 43:1235-43. 2003..The changes in Cmax and tmax indicated more rapid drug absorption, which could have been as a result of faster gastric emptying or an increased blood flow to the intestine...
- Influence of simulated weightlessness on the pharmacokinetics of acetaminophen administered by the oral route: a study in the ratPeggy Gandia
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et Toxicologie Clinique, Hôpital Rangueil Larrey, TSA 50032, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:57-64. 2004..The increase in the Ka was probably because of an increased acceleration of the gastric emptying and/or to a decrease in the total peripheral resistance which increased intestinal blood flow...
- Influence of simulated weightlessness on the intramuscular and oral pharmacokinetics of promethazine in 12 human volunteersPeggy Gandia
Laboratoire de Pharmacocinétique et Toxicologie Clinique, Hopital Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1008-16. 2006..The AUC was 3-fold higher when the drug was administered by the intramuscular route during both positions. Thus, intramuscular administration could be a good alternative to the oral route...