- Does life satisfaction change in old age: results from an 8-year longitudinal studyKamel Gana
Department of Psychology, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 68:540-52. 2013..The unexpected positive relationship between aging and happiness was called "the paradox of well-being," which is still a matter of debate. This study examined longitudinal change in life satisfaction (LS) in older adults...
- Psychometric properties of the French version of the Adult Dispositional Hope ScaleKamel Gana
Department of Psychology, University of Bordeaux 2, Santé and Qualité de Vie, EA 4139, Bordeaux, France
Assessment 20:114-8. 2013..We believe these findings show evidence for the construct validity of the ADHS...
- The effects of temperament, character, and defense mechanisms on grief severity among the elderlyKamel Gana
Department of Psychology, University of Bordeaux 2, 33000 Bordeaux, France
J Affect Disord 128:128-34. 2011....
- Age differences in temperament, character and depressive mood: a cross-sectional studyRaphaël Trouillet
Department of Psychology, University of Montpellier III, Montpellier, France
Clin Psychol Psychother 15:266-75. 2008..This study explores the effect of age on mean-levels of the personality traits defined in Cloninger's personality taxonomy, and investigates the relevance of personality traits for predicting depression levels in adults aged 18 to 94 years...
- Judgment of riskiness: impact of personality, naive theories and heuristic thinking among female studentsKamel Gana
Department of Psychology, Nancy University, Nancy, France
Psychol Health 25:131-47. 2010..The results revealed that some covariates, hypochondriac tendencies in Study 1, optimism, depressive mood and subjective health in Study 2 and internal locus of control in Study 3 had significant impact on judgment of riskiness...
- Predictive value of age for coping: the role of self-efficacy, social support satisfaction and perceived stressRaphaël Trouillet
Department of Psychology, University of Montpellier 3, France
Aging Ment Health 13:357-66. 2009..The present study was prompted by the lack of agreement on how coping changes with age. We postulate that the effect of age on coping is mediated by coping resources, such as self-efficacy, perceived stress and social support satisfaction...