- ClueGO: a Cytoscape plug-in to decipher functionally grouped gene ontology and pathway annotation networksGabriela Bindea
INSERM, Avenir Team, Integrative Cancer Immunology, U872, Paris, France
Bioinformatics 25:1091-3. 2009..ClueGO provides an intuitive representation of the analysis results and can be optionally used in conjunction with the GOlorize plug-in...
- Future perspectives in melanoma research. Meeting report from the "Melanoma Bridge. Napoli, December 2nd-4th 2012"Paolo A Ascierto
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G, Pascale, Naples, Italy
J Transl Med 11:137. 2013....
- The additional facet of immunoscore: immunoprofiling as a possible predictive tool for cancer treatmentPaolo A Ascierto
Melanoma, Cancer Immunotherapy and Innovative Therapy Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G, Pascale, Napoli, Italy
J Transl Med 11:54. 2013..The challenge will be to identify the individual immunoprofile of each patient and the consequent choice of optimal therapy or combination of therapies to be used...
- The continuum of cancer immunosurveillance: prognostic, predictive, and mechanistic signaturesJerome Galon
Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Inserm U872, 75006 Paris, France
Immunity 39:11-26. 2013..Here, we propose a broader immunological interpretation of these three concepts--immune contexture, Immunoscore, and immunologic constant of rejection--that segregates oncogenic processes independently of their tissue origin...
- Cancer classification using the Immunoscore: a worldwide task forceJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, F 75006, France
J Transl Med 10:205. 2012..The results of this international validation may result in the implementation of the Immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-Immune)...
- Toward integrative cancer immunotherapy: targeting the tumor microenvironmentLeisha A Emens
Tumor Immunology and Breast Cancer Research Programs, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Transl Med 10:70. 2012....
- Defining the critical hurdles in cancer immunotherapyBernard A Fox
Earle A, Chiles Research Institute, Robert W, Franz Research Center, Providence Cancer Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Transl Med 9:214. 2011..Each of these hurdles can significantly delay clinical translation of promising advances in immunotherapy yet if overcome, have the potential to improve outcomes of patients with cancer...
- The immune score as a new possible approach for the classification of cancerJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, 15 Rue de l Ecole de Medecine F 75006 Paris, France
J Transl Med 10:1. 2012....
- Future perspectives in melanoma research. Meeting report from the "Melanoma Research: a bridge Naples-USA. Naples, December 6th-7th 2010"Paolo A Ascierto
Department of Melanoma, Sarcoma, and Head and Neck Disease, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione Pascale, Naples, Italy
J Transl Med 9:32. 2011..Four topics of discussion were identified: New pathways in Melanoma, Biomarkers, Clinical Trials and New Molecules and Strategies...
- Data integration and exploration for the identification of molecular mechanisms in tumor-immune cells interactionBernhard Mlecnik
Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
BMC Genomics 11:S7. 2010..Additionally, we discuss generic issues relevant to the integration of clinical and biomolecular data, as well as recent developments in integrative data analyses including biomolecular network reconstruction and mathematical modeling...
- Effector memory T cells, early metastasis, and survival in colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM UNITE 255, René Descartes Faculté de Médecine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cordeliers Biomedical Research Center, University Paris 6, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 353:2654-66. 2005..The role of tumor-infiltrating immune cells in the early metastatic invasion of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Histopathologic-based prognostic factors of colorectal cancers are associated with the state of the local immune reactionBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:610-8. 2011....
- Biomolecular network reconstruction identifies T-cell homing factors associated with survival in colorectal cancerBernhard Mlecnik
INSERM, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 138:1429-40. 2010..Herein, we used data integration and biomolecular network reconstruction to generate hypotheses about the mechanisms underlying immune responses in colorectal cancer that are relevant to tumor recurrence...
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of intratumoral immune cells reveal the immune landscape in human cancerGabriela Bindea
Inserm U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris 75006, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris 75006, France Cordeliers Research Centre, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris 75006, France
Immunity 39:782-95. 2013..This integrative study reveals the immune landscape in human colorectal cancer and the major hallmarks of the microenvironment associated with tumor progression and recurrence. ..
- Towards the introduction of the 'Immunoscore' in the classification of malignant tumoursJerome Galon
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, France
J Pathol 232:199-209. 2014..The results of this international consortium may result in the implementation of the Immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-Immune)...
- Clinical impact of different classes of infiltrating T cytotoxic and helper cells (Th1, th2, treg, th17) in patients with colorectal cancerMarie Tosolini
INSERM, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Cancer Res 71:1263-71. 2011..Our findings argue that functional Th1 and Th17 clusters yield opposite effects on patient survival in colorectal cancer, and they provide complementary information that may improve prognosis...
- [Intratumoral immune microenvironment and survival: the immunoscore]Jerome Galon
Inserm U872, laboratoire d immunologie et de cancérologie intégratives, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 30:439-44. 2014..This could result in the implementation of the immunoscore as a new component for the classification of cancer, designated TNM-I (TNM-immune). ..
- [Immunology and personalized medicine in oncology]Franck Zinzindohoue
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, AP HP, Paris, France
Bull Cancer 101:S12-7. 2014..Taking account of parameters derived from the reaction of the host against his tumor is an additional step towards a so-called Personalized Medicine in patients with cancer. ..
- Tumor immunosurveillance in human cancersBernhard Mlecnik
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, Paris 75006, France
Cancer Metastasis Rev 30:5-12. 2011..Thus, the strength of the immune reaction could advance our understanding of cancer evolution and have important consequences in clinical practice...
- In situ cytotoxic and memory T cells predict outcome in patients with early-stage colorectal cancerFranck Pages
INSERM Avenir, U872, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:5944-51. 2009..We hypothesized that intratumoral immune reaction could influence their prognosis...
- Functional network pipeline reveals genetic determinants associated with in situ lymphocyte proliferation and survival of cancer patientsBernhard Mlecnik
INSERM UMRS1138, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris F 75006, France
Sci Transl Med 6:228ra37. 2014..Our data provide further mechanisms resulting in changes of specific immune cell densities within the tumor, and the importance of local active lymphocyte proliferation for patient survival. ..
- The essential role of the in situ immune reaction in human colorectal cancerFranck Pages
Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Leukoc Biol 84:981-7. 2008..The strength of the immune reaction identified in our studies could advance our understanding of cancer evolution and have important consequences for clinical practice...
- Prognostic and predictive impact of intra- and peritumoral immune infiltratesWolf Herman Fridman
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, France
Cancer Res 71:5601-5. 2011....
- The prognostic impact of anti-cancer immune response: a novel classification of cancer patientsGabriela Bindea
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Cordeliers Research Center, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Semin Immunopathol 33:335-40. 2011..Thus, the strength of the immune reaction could advance our understanding of cancer evolution and have important consequences in clinical practice...
- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Immunosurveillance in human non-viral cancersWolf Herman Fridman
Inserm U872, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 23:272-8. 2011..Systems biology predicted markers shaping an efficient immune reaction can serve as tools and targets for novel therapeutic approaches...
- Natural immunity to cancer in humansGabriela Bindea
Inserm U872, Integrative Cancer Immunology Team, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 22:215-22. 2010..Recent advances support the existence of immunosurveillance in human cancer. The major role of the intratumoral immune reaction could advance our understanding of tumor evolution and have important consequences in clinical practice...
- Gene profiling reveals unknown enhancing and suppressive actions of glucocorticoids on immune cellsJerome Galon
Lymphocyte Cell Biology Section, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
FASEB J 16:61-71. 2002..Considering the broad and continuously renewed interest in glucocorticoid therapy, the profiles we describe here will be useful in designing more specific and efficient treatment strategies...
- Immune infiltration in human cancer: prognostic significance and disease controlWolf H Fridman
Inserm U872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, 75006, France
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 344:1-24. 2011....
- The adaptive immunologic microenvironment in colorectal cancer: a novel perspectiveJerome Galon
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, UMRS872, Team 13 and Avenir team, Cordeliers Research Center, F 75006 Paris, France
Cancer Res 67:1883-6. 2007..Here, we discuss the meaning and potential implications of this novel finding...
- CluePedia Cytoscape plugin: pathway insights using integrated experimental and in silico dataGabriela Bindea
INSERM, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, 75006 Paris, France
Bioinformatics 29:661-3. 2013..Combining all these features is essential for data interpretation and the generation of new hypotheses. The CluePedia Cytoscape plugin is user-friendly and has an expressive and intuitive visualization...
- Coordination of intratumoral immune reaction and human colorectal cancer recurrenceMatthieu Camus
Integrative Cancer Immunology INSERM AVENIR Team 15, Inserm U872, Paris, France
Cancer Res 69:2685-93. 2009..Investigation of the colorectal cancer primary tumor microenvironment allowed us to uncover the association of favorable outcomes with efficient coordination of the intratumoral immune response...
- Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 2 induces interleukin-18 receptor expression in B cellsFranck Pages
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U255, Centre de Recherche Biomédicale des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Blood 105:1632-9. 2005..We report that EBNA2 expression is associated with IL-18R expression in vivo in EBV-positive B-lymphomas from AIDS patients...
- From the immune contexture to the Immunoscore: the role of prognostic and predictive immune markers in cancerHelen Angell
INSERM, U872, Laboratory of Integrative Cancer Immunology, Paris, France
Curr Opin Immunol 25:261-7. 2013..Finally we introduce the concept that the host-immune reaction could be the critical element in determining response to therapy. The effect on the immune response could be the underlying factor behind many of the predictive markers...