- Pulmonary embolism and deep jugular venous thrombosis resulting from compression by a lipomaS Gallien
Department of Internal Medicine, Cochin University Hospital, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques 75679 Paris
Dermatol Online J 12:13. 2006..Clozpine may be considered an associated risk factor for thrombosis. This case suggests that performing a regional evaluation may be particularly important when thrombophlebitis occurs...
- Drug-to-drug interaction between dapsone and minocycline: an unusual cause of relapse of toxoplasmic encephalitis in an HIV-infected patientSebastien Gallien
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Paris 7 Diderot University, Paris, France
Scand J Infect Dis 41:700-2. 2009..We report here an unusual case of relapse of toxoplasmic encephalitis in an HIV-infected patient, possibly due to a drug-to-drug interaction between dapsone and minocycline...
- Therapeutic outcome and prognostic factors of invasive aspergillosis in an infectious disease department: a review of 34 casesS Gallien
Infectious Disease Dept, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, University of Paris 7, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris Cedex 10, 75475, France
Infection 36:533-8. 2008..Invasive aspergillosis (IA) is one of the most frequent, feared and life-threatening opportunistic infection in immunocompromised patients. We wished to assess the therapeutic outcome and identify prognostic factors of IA...
- Multifocal Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumor in adults with AIDS: case report and review of the literatureS Gallien
Department of Infectious Disease, Saint Louis Hospital and University Paris 7, Paris, France
Oncology 74:167-76. 2008..The aim of this study was to provide a systematic review of Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumors (EBV-SMT) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected adults, focusing on clinical and histopathologic features and outcome...
- [Systemic lupus erythematosus and Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease mimicking tuberculosis]S Gallien
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude de Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Med Mal Infect 38:392-5. 2008..Atypical pseudo-infectious appearance of an inflammatory systemic disease is a rare occurrence and the diagnosis can be difficult...
- Failure of atovaquone/proguanil to prevent Plasmodium ovale malaria in traveler returning from CameroonSebastien Gallien
Department of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis University Hospital, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Travel Med Infect Dis 6:128-9. 2008..Travelers returned from risk areas with symptoms suggestive of malaria, should not have the diagnosis of P. ovale (or P. vivax) infection discounted, despite a history of compliance with a standard chemoprophylactic regimen...
- [Acute fever in an immunocompromised patient]Sebastien Gallien
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Saint Louis, 75010 Paris
Rev Prat 57:2297-304. 2007
- Borreliosis: a rare and alternative diagnosis in travellers' febrile illnessS Gallien
Department of Tropical and Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis University Hospital, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris, Cedex 10, France
Travel Med Infect Dis 5:247-50. 2007..All symptoms rapidly resolved following tetracycline therapy. Epidemiological and clinical features of borreliosis, diagnostic tools and management are discussed...
- Brain and optic nerve ischemia in malaria with immune disordersSebastien Gallien
Infectious Diseases Department, Saint Louis Hospital, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
J Infect 54:e1-3. 2007..The transient antiphospholipid antibodies detected in the patient may have played a role in the ischemic process at the origin of this unusual clinical association...
- Impact of low-level-viremia on HIV-1 drug-resistance evolution among antiretroviral treated-patientsConstance Delaugerre
Laboratoire de Virologie, Hôpital Saint Louis APHP, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36673. 2012..Our objective was to determine the emergence and evolution of DRAM during LLV in HIV-1-infected patients while receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Prevalence of opportunistic intestinal parasitic infections among HIV-infected patients with low CD4 cells counts in France in the combination antiretroviral therapy eraJuliette Pavie
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis Hospital and University of Paris Diderot Paris 7, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Int J Infect Dis 16:e677-9. 2012....
- Efficacy and safety of raltegravir in treatment-experienced HIV-1-infected patients switching from enfuvirtide-based regimens: 48 week results of the randomized EASIER ANRS 138 trialSebastien Gallien
Department of Infectious Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2099-106. 2011..To assess the sustainable efficacy and safety of a switch from enfuvirtide to raltegravir in patients with multidrug-resistant HIV infection...
- Four year follow-up of simplification therapy with once-daily emtricitabine, didanosine and efavirenz in HIV-infected patients (ALIZE ANRS 099 trial)Sebastien Gallien
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:184-91. 2011..once-daily combinations of efavirenz and two nucleoside analogues are recommended for the treatment of HIV infection. Long-term efficacy and safety data are scarce for the combination of efavirenz, emtricitabine and didanosine...