- Mind wandering and driving: responsibility case-control studyCédric Galéra
ISPED, Centre INSERM U897 Epidemiologie Biostatistique, University of Bordeaux, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
BMJ 345:e8105. 2012..To assess the association between mind wandering (thinking unrelated to the task at hand) and the risk of being responsible for a motor vehicle crash...
- Attention problems in childhood and adult substance useCédric Galéra
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Charles Perrens Hospital, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France Inserm U897, Center for Research in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Prevention et Prise en Charge des Traumatismes, Bordeaux, France Electronic address
J Pediatr 163:1677-1683.e1. 2013..To assess the link between childhood attention problems (AP) and substance use 18 years later...
- Childhood attention problems and socioeconomic status in adulthood: 18-year follow-upCédric Galéra
University Bordeaux Segalen, INSERM U897, France
Br J Psychiatry 201:20-5. 2012..Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) has been associated with socioeconomic difficulties later in life. Little research in this area has been based on longitudinal and community studies...
- Early risk factors for hyperactivity-impulsivity and inattention trajectories from age 17 months to 8 yearsCédric Galéra
Charles Perrens Hospital, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Bordeaux Segalen, CHS Charles Perrens, Bordeaux, France
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1267-75. 2011..However, the early developmental course of hyperactivity-impulsivity and inattention symptoms and their association with previous environmental risk factors are still poorly understood..
- Disruptive symptoms in childhood and adolescence and early initiation of tobacco and cannabis use: the Gazel Youth studyC Galera
University Bordeaux 2, Charles Perrens Hospital, Child Psychiatry Department, Bordeaux, France
Eur Psychiatry 25:402-8. 2010..To examine the link between symptoms of hyperactivity-inattention and conduct disorder in childhood, and the initiation of tobacco and cannabis use, controlling for other behavioral symptoms, temperament and environmental risk factors...
- Socio-behavioral characteristics of children with Rubinstein-Taybi syndromeCédric Galéra
Child Psychiatry Department, Centre Hospitalier Charles Perrens, University Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, France
J Autism Dev Disord 39:1252-60. 2009..The presence of an identified CREBBP gene abnormality was possibly related to the motor difficulties through impaired motor skills learning...
- Childhood and adolescent hyperactivity-inattention symptoms and academic achievement 8 years later: the GAZEL Youth studyC Galera
Child Psychiatry Department, Charles Perrens Hospital, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Psychol Med 39:1895-906. 2009....
- Hyperactivity-inattention symptoms in childhood and suicidal behaviors in adolescence: the Youth Gazel CohortC Galera
Child Psychiatry Department, University Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Acta Psychiatr Scand 118:480-9. 2008..This study addresses the relationship between childhood hyperactivity-inattention symptoms (HI-s) and subsequent suicidal behaviors...
- Hyperactivity-inattention symptoms in childhood and substance use in adolescence: the youth gazel cohortCédric Galéra
Child Psychiatry Department, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Drug Alcohol Depend 94:30-7. 2008..This study addresses in both genders the relationship between childhood Hyperactivity-inattention symptoms and subsequent adolescent substance use, while controlling for psychiatric comorbidity, temperament and environmental risk factors...
- Behavioral and temperamental features of children with Costello syndromeCédric Galéra
Child Psychiatry Department, Centre Hospitalier Charles Perrens, Bordeaux2 University, Bordeaux, France
Am J Med Genet A 140:968-74. 2006..They also point to possible "hyperemotionality." Further studies using a larger sample size and IQ-matched control groups are needed to more accurately characterize individuals with this rare syndrome...