Genomes and Genes
- The HSP90 and DNA topoisomerase VI inhibitor radicicol also inhibits human type II DNA topoisomeraseDanièle Gadelle
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR CNRS 8621, France
Biochem Pharmacol 72:1207-16. 2006..The finding that radicicol can inhibit at least two different antitumoral drug targets in human, and interferes with drugs currently used in cancer treatment, could have implications in cancer therapy...
- Phylogenomics of type II DNA topoisomerasesDanièle Gadelle
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, CNRS, UMR 8621, Universite Paris Sud, France
Bioessays 25:232-42. 2003..However, plants and some Archaea contain Topo II from both families. We confront this atypical distribution with current hypotheses on the evolution of the three domains of life and origin of DNA genomes...
- The universal Kae1 protein and the associated Bud32 kinase (PRPK), a mysterious protein couple probably essential for genome maintenance in Archaea and EukaryaArnaud Hecker
Universite Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, IFR115, UMR8621 CNRS, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Biochem Soc Trans 37:29-35. 2009..Understanding the precise biochemical function and biological role of these two proteins (which are probably essential for genome maintenance) remains a major challenge...
- Phylogenomics of DNA topoisomerases: their origin and putative roles in the emergence of modern organismsPatrick Forterre
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Univ Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 37:679-92. 2009..We also proposed that topoisomerases have played a critical role in the origin of modern genomes and in the emergence of the three cellular domains...
- An archaeal orthologue of the universal protein Kae1 is an iron metalloprotein which exhibits atypical DNA-binding properties and apurinic-endonuclease activity in vitroArnaud Hecker
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Univ Paris Sud, IFR115, UMR8621 CNRS, 91405 Orsay, France
Nucleic Acids Res 35:6042-51. 2007..Kae1 is thus a novel and atypical universal DNA interacting protein whose importance could rival those of RecA (RadA/Rad51) in the maintenance of genome integrity in all living cells...
- Origin and evolution of DNA topoisomerasesPatrick Forterre
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR8621, Universite Paris Sud 11, Bat 400 409, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Biochimie 89:427-46. 2007....