Genomes and Genes
- Adiponectin gene polymorphisms and adiponectin levels are independently associated with the development of hyperglycemia during a 3-year period: the epidemiologic data on the insulin resistance syndrome prospective studyFrederic Fumeron
EA 3516, Interactions Gènes Environnement dans les Pathologies Métaboliques à Risque Cardiovasculaire, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Diabetes 53:1150-7. 2004..Adiponectin gene SNPs may have several phenotypic effects that co-occur with the development of the metabolic syndrome...
- Ferritin and transferrin are both predictive of the onset of hyperglycemia in men and women over 3 years: the data from an epidemiological study on the Insulin Resistance Syndrome (DESIR) studyFrederic Fumeron
INSERM U695, Xavier Bichat Medical School, BP 416, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Diabetes Care 29:2090-4. 2006....
- Association of ADIPOQ genetic variants and plasma adiponectin isoforms with the risk of incident renal events in type 2 diabetesRiphed Jaziri
INSERM, U695, Genetic Determinants for Type 2 Diabetes and Its Vascular Complications, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:2231-7. 2010..We investigated the possible association of polymorphisms in the adiponectin gene and baseline adiponectin levels with the incidence of renal events in subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- Relationships between common polymorphisms of adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter A1 and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and coronary heart disease in a population with type 2 diabetes mellitusIsabelle Porchay-Baldérelli
INSERM U695, Genetic Determinants for Type 2 Diabetes and Its Vascular Complications, Xavier Bichat Medical School, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Metabolism 58:74-9. 2009..In conclusion, common genetic variations of ABCA1 had a moderate influence on HDL-C levels and/or coronary heart disease in patients with T2D. These 2 effects were independent...
- The lactase persistence genotype is associated with body mass index and dairy consumption in the D.E.S.I.R. studyAmel Lamri
INSERM, U695, Genetic Determinants of Type 2 Diabetes and Its Vascular Complications, Paris, France Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMRS 695, UFR de Medecine Site Bichat, Paris, France
Metabolism 62:1323-9. 2013..Our aim was to test in this study, the association of rs4988235 with BMI and related metabolic diseases, in interaction with dairy product consumption...
- Allelic variations in superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) gene are associated with increased risk of diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetic subjectsKamel Mohammedi
INSERM, Research Unit 695, Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 104:654-60. 2011..We investigated associations of allelic variations in SOD1 gene with nephropathy in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Associations of the -344 T>C and the 3097 G>A polymorphisms of CYP11B2 gene with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome in a French populationNaïma Muñoz Bellili
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U695, Déterminants Génétiques du Diabète de Type 2 et de ses Complications Cardiovasculaires, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Universite Denis Diderot Paris 7, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 23:660-7. 2010..We assessed the association of two polymorphisms -344 T>C and the 3097 G>A in the aldosterone synthase gene (CYP11B2) with prevalent and incident hypertension (HT), type 2 diabetes (T2D), and the metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- ABCA1 single nucleotide polymorphisms on high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol and overweight: the D.E.S.I.R. studyIsabelle Porchay
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 695, Xavier Bichat School of Medicine, Paris, France
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1874-9. 2006..This study suggests that ABCA1 gene polymorphisms modulate HDL-C concentrations, in interaction with BMI, and, thus, they might influence cardiovascular risk in the general population...
- Allelic variations in superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) gene and renal and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in type 2 diabetic subjectsAna Luísa Neves
INSERM, Research Unit 695, Paris, France
Mol Genet Metab 106:359-65. 2012..We investigated associations of allelic variations in SOD1 gene with nephropathy and cardiovascular complications in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Association of common variants in NPPA and NPPB with blood pressure does not translate into kidney damage in a general population studySuliya Maimaitiming
INSERM, U695, Paris, France
J Hypertens 28:1230-3. 2010....
- Catalase activity, allelic variations in the catalase gene and risk of kidney complications in patients with type 1 diabetesKamel Mohammedi
Inserm Research Unit 695, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75018, Paris, France
Diabetologia 56:2733-42. 2013..The antioxidant enzyme catalase plays a key role in redox regulation in the kidney. We investigated associations of catalase gene (CAT) polymorphisms and plasma catalase activity with diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetic patients...
- Manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD2) polymorphisms, plasma advanced oxidation protein products (AOPP) concentration and risk of kidney complications in subjects with type 1 diabetesKamel Mohammedi
Research Unit 1138, INSERM, Paris, France Department of Diabetology, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Bichat Hospital, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 9:e96916. 2014..We investigated associations of SOD2 allelic variations, plasma SOD activity and AOPP concentration with diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetic subjects...
- Dairy products and the metabolic syndrome in a prospective study, DESIRFrederic Fumeron
INSERM, U695, Genetic Determinants of Type 2 Diabetes and Its Vascular Complications, Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMRS 695, UFR de Medecine Site Bichat, Paris 75018, France
J Am Coll Nutr 30:454S-63S. 2011....
- Dairy consumption and the incidence of hyperglycemia and the metabolic syndrome: results from a french prospective study, Data from the Epidemiological Study on the Insulin Resistance Syndrome (DESIR)Frederic Fumeron
1INSERM U695, Paris, France
Diabetes Care 34:813-7. 2011..We assess the influence of dairy products on 9-year incident MetS and on impaired fasting glycemia and/or type 2 diabetes (IFG/T2D)...
- The PPARG Pro12Ala polymorphism is associated with a decreased risk of developing hyperglycemia over 6 years and combines with the effect of the APM1 G-11391A single nucleotide polymorphism: the Data From an Epidemiological Study on the Insulin ResistanceRiphed Jaziri
INSERM, U695, Xavier Bichat Medical School, BP 416, 16 rue Henri Huchard, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Diabetes 55:1157-62. 2006..Cumulative rather than synergistic effects of PPARG Pro12Ala and APM1 SNPs on diabetes risk are suggested...
- The CETP TaqIB polymorphism is associated with the risk of sudden death in type 2 diabetic patientsIsabelle Porchay-Baldérelli
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U695, Genetic Determinants for Type 2 Diabetes and Its Vascular Complications, Paris, France
Diabetes Care 30:2863-7. 2007..We investigated the association of the CETP TaqIB polymorphism with CHD, and sudden death in particular, in a prospective cohort of type 2 diabetic patients...
- Plasma extracellular superoxide dismutase concentration, allelic variations in the SOD3 gene and risk of myocardial infarction and all-cause mortality in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetesKamel Mohammedi
INSERM, UMR_S 1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006, Paris, France
Cardiovasc Diabetol 14:163. 2015..We investigated association of SOD3 gene variants, plasma concentrations of EC-SOD, AOPP and isoprostane with myocardial infarction and mortality in diabetic patients...
- Genetics of macrovascular complications in diabetesFrederic Fumeron
Inserm Unité 695, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 16 rue Henri Huchard, Paris 75018, France
Curr Diab Rep 6:162-8. 2006..These individual susceptibility factors each contribute only a small increased risk interacting with environmental determinants...
- ABCG8 polymorphisms and renal disease in type 2 diabetic patientsAnthony Nicolas
INSERM, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Research Unit 1138, Paris, France Univ Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Metabolism 64:713-9. 2015..The aim of our study was to assess the associations between two ABCG8 coding polymorphisms, T400K and D19H, and the incidence of renal events in type 2 diabetic subjects...
- The common -866G>A variant in the promoter of UCP2 is associated with decreased risk of coronary artery disease in type 2 diabetic menNadir Cheurfa
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Research Unit 695, Paris, France
Diabetes 57:1063-8. 2008..We investigated association of this variant with coronary artery disease (CAD) in two cohorts of type 2 diabetic subjects...
- The -33T-->C polymorphism in intron 7 of the TFPI gene influences the risk of venous thromboembolism, independently of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin mutationsNejma Ameziane
INSERM 479, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 88:195-9. 2002..These results suggest that the CC genotype of the TFPI intron 7 polymorphism is an independent protective factor for venous thromboembolism, an effect probably mediated by increased TFPI levels...
- Plasma Adrenomedullin and Allelic Variation in the ADM Gene and Kidney Disease in People With Type 2 DiabetesGilberto Velho
INSERM, UMR_S 1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Diabetes 64:3262-72. 2015..A possible therapeutic effect of ADM receptor agonists in diabetic renal disease would be worth investigating. ..
- Polymorphisms of the lamina maturation pathway and their association with the metabolic syndrome: the DESIR prospective studyBénédicte Fontaine-Bisson
INSERM, UMR_S 937, 75013, Paris, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:193-201. 2010..No robust interaction between SNPs located in different genes on the risk of MS was identified. In conclusion, we did not observe any convincing evidence that common polymorphisms of the lamina pathway could modulate the risk of MS...
- Tissue kallikrein deficiency, insulin resistance, and diabetes in mouse and manLouis Potier
INSERM U1138, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France University Paris Descartes, Paris, France University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France Diabetology, Endocrinology and Nutrition Department, AP HP, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Paris, France Inserm U695, Paris, France Paris Diderot University, Paris 7, Paris, France Department of Endocrinology, CHU Rennes, Univ Rennes 1, Inserm UMR 991, Rennes, France Institut inter Régional Pour la Santé, IRSA, La Riche, France
J Endocrinol 221:297-308. 2014..The incidence of diabetes was not influenced by this allele. These data do not support a role for the TK-kinin system, protective or deleterious, in the development of insulin resistance and diabetes...
- Hemoglobin A1c and fasting plasma glucose levels as predictors of retinopathy at 10 years: the French DESIR studyPascale Massin
Ophthalmology Department, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Arch Ophthalmol 129:188-95. 2011..To evaluate the predictive values of hemoglobin A(1c) (HbA(1c)) and fasting plasma glucose (FPG) for retinopathy 10 years after the baseline examination...
- Nine-year incident diabetes is predicted by fatty liver indices: the French D.E.S.I.R. studyBeverley Balkau
INSERM CESP Center for Research in Epidemiology and Population Health, Villejuif, France
BMC Gastroenterol 10:56. 2010..e.s.i.r)...
- Predicting diabetes: clinical, biological, and genetic approaches: data from the Epidemiological Study on the Insulin Resistance Syndrome (DESIR)Beverley Balkau
INSERM U780 IFR69, Villejuif, France University Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Diabetes Care 31:2056-61. 2008..To provide a simple clinical diabetes risk score and to identify characteristics that predict later diabetes using variables available in the clinic setting as well as biological variables and polymorphisms...
- Polymorphism of the 5-HT2A receptor gene and food intakes in children and adolescents: the Stanislas Family StudyBernard Herbeth
From INSERM U525, Epidemiologic and Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Diseases, Faculte de Pharmacie, Nancy, France, and the Centre de Médecine Préventive, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Am J Clin Nutr 82:467-70. 2005..An association between a polymorphism of the 5-HT receptor (5-HT2A) gene promoter (-1438G/A) and anorexia nervosa has been reported...
- Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and myocardial infarction: Etude Cas-Témoins de l'Infarctus du Myocarde (ECTIM)Frederic Fumeron
EA 3516, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Circulation 105:2943-5. 2002..A functional polymorphism in the promoter region of the SLC6A4 gene has been described. This polymorphism may be associated with the risk of MI...
- Association between endothelin receptor B nonsynonymous variants and melanoma riskNadem Soufir
Laboratoire de Biochimie hormonale et génétique, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, AP HP, Faculte de Medecine, Paris VII, Paris, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1297-301. 2005..9, 95% CI = 1.34 to 296.2; P = .03). Our data strongly suggest that EDNRB is involved in predisposition for two different multigenic disorders, HSCR and melanoma...