Anne Marie Freyria
- Comparative phenotypic analysis of articular chondrocytes cultured within type I or type II collagen scaffoldsAnne Marie Freyria
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS UMR 5086, Universite de Lyon, IFR 128, Lyon, France
Tissue Eng Part A 15:1233-45. 2009..Our data taken together reveal that type I collagen sponges seeded at high cell density represent a suitable material for tissue engineering of cartilage...
- Chondrocytes or adult stem cells for cartilage repair: the indisputable role of growth factorsAnne Marie Freyria
Cartilage Biology and Engineering Group, IBCP, Universite Lyon 1, Univ Lyon, CNRS FRE 3310, IFR128, France
Injury 43:259-65. 2012..In this review, the roles of these factors in the maintenance of the chondrocyte phenotype are discussed and compared with those of factors involved in the repair of cartilage defects, using chondrocytes or adult mesenchymal stem cells...
- [Differentiation of adult human mesenchymal stem cells: chondrogenic effect of BMP-2]A M Freyria
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS UMR 5086, Universite Lyon 1, IFR 128, BioSciences Gerland Lyon Sud, 7, Passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 56:326-33. 2008..Strategies for this control are presented in this review. Most likely, this is the combination of growth factors such as BMP-2 with biomaterials that will lead to the successful use of MSC for cartilage repair...
- Influence of medium composition, static and stirred conditions on the proliferation of and matrix protein expression of bovine articular chondrocytes cultured in a 3-D collagen scaffoldA M Freyria
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, UMR 5086, CNRS Université Lyon I and IFR, 128 biosciences Lyon Gerland, 7 passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 7, France
Biomaterials 25:687-97. 2004..In conclusion, the use of these simple culture conditions should improve, in long-term culture, the quality of the cartilage construct...
- Analysis of collagen expression during chondrogenic induction of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsEmeline Perrier
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, Universite Lyon 1, Univ Lyon, CNRS FRE 3310, IFR128 BioSciences Gerland Lyon Sud, 7 passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 7, France
Biotechnol Lett 33:2091-101. 2011..A short-term addition of FGF-2 followed by a treatment with BMP-2/TGF-β3 appears sufficient to accelerate chondrogenesis with a particular effect on the main cartilage collagens...
- Ascorbate modulation of bovine chondrocyte growth, matrix protein gene expression and synthesis in three-dimensional collagen spongesMarie Claire Ronzière
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS UMR 5086, 7 passage du Vercors, 69007 Lyon, France
Biomaterials 24:851-61. 2003..In conclusion, these results show that ascorbate is an important factor to consider when preparing cartilage constructs for its action on chondrocyte phenotype modulation and proliferation...
- Chondrogenic potential of bone marrow- and adipose tissue-derived adult human mesenchymal stem cellsM C Ronziere
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, BioSciences Gerland Lyon Sud, Lyon, France
Biomed Mater Eng 20:145-58. 2010..Thus it seems that hypoxia participates to the control of AT-MSCs chondrogenesis. Altogether, these cellular model systems will help us to investigate further the potential of different adult stem cells for cartilage engineering...
- [Cartilage tissue engineering: state-of-the-art and future approaches]L Galois
Département de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique, Hopital Central, 29, avenue Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 53:590-8. 2005..The authors review recent research achievements and highlight the potential clinical applications of new technologies in the treatment of patients with cartilage injuries...
- Activation by IL-1 of bovine articular chondrocytes in culture within a 3D collagen-based scaffold. An in vitro model to address the effect of compounds with therapeutic potential in osteoarthritisD Cortial
, Passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:631-40. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: This in vitro model of chondrocyte culture in three dimensional (3D) seems well adapted to investigate the responses of these cells to inflammatory cytokines and to evaluate the potential anti-inflammatory effects of drugs...
- Optimization of dynamic culture conditions: effects on biosynthetic activities of chondrocytes grown in collagen spongesA-M Freyria
, , Lyon, France
Tissue Eng 11:674-84. 2005....