- Sexually-transmitted/founder HIV-1 cannot be directly predicted from plasma or PBMC-derived viral quasispecies in the transmitting partnerPierre Frange
Equipe d accueil 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 8:e69144. 2013..We report the identification of transmitted/founder viruses in eight pairs of HIV-1 sexually-infected patients enrolled at the time of primary infection ("recipients") and their transmitting partners ("donors")...
- Reduced elastogenesis: a clue to the arteriosclerosis and emphysematous changes in Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasia?Marie Morimoto
Provincial Medical Genetics Program, Department of Medical Genetics, Children s and Women s Health Centre of BC, 4500 Oak Street, Room C234, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3N1, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:70. 2012..However, the mechanism by which the vascular and pulmonary disease arises in SIOD remains unknown...
- Prevalence of CXCR4-tropic viruses in clustered transmission chains at the time of primary HIV-1 infectionP Frange
EA 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 19:E252-5. 2013..5% and 5.3%, respectively (p 0.35). Our results are in line with the hypothesis of a mucosal bottleneck contributing to the high prevalence of CCR5 variants during PHI...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of norovirus fecal shedding in children with inherited immune deficienciesPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Infect Dis 206:1269-74. 2012..1% of fecal samples were still positive after a median of 9.5-months follow-up. Further large longitudinal studies are needed to evaluate the clinical consequences of norovirus shedding in patients with primary immunodeficiencies...
- CCR5 antagonists: a therapeutic option in HIV-1 perinatally infected children experiencing virologic failure?Pierre Frange
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
AIDS 26:1673-7. 2012..HIV-1 coreceptor usage was determined in HAART-failing children followed in Necker Hospital (Paris, France) in order to estimate the proportion of these patients who may benefit from CCR5-antagonists therapy...
- Recent HIV-1 infection contributes to the viral diffusion over the French territory with a recent increasing frequencyPierre Frange
Universite Paris Descartes, Equipe d accueil 3620, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e31695. 2012..To analyse the contribution of primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection (PHI) to the French viral epidemic...
- Adenoviral infection presenting as an isolated central nervous system disease without detectable viremia in two children after stem cell transplantationPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 49:2361-4. 2011....
- Lopinavir/ritonavir-based antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected naive children: rare protease inhibitor resistance mutations but high lamivudine/emtricitabine resistance at the time of virologic failurePierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:684-8. 2011..Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) is now the protease inhibitor regimen of choice in the first-line antiretroviral therapy for children <6 years of age...
- Late postnatal HIV infection in children born to HIV-1-infected mothers in a high-income countryPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
AIDS 24:1771-6. 2010..To evaluate the risk of late postnatal HIV-1 infection in nonbreastfed children enrolled in the French ANRS Cohort CO01 (EPF)...
- New and old complex recombinant HIV-1 strains among patients with primary infection in 1996-2006 in France: the French ANRS CO06 primo cohort studyPierre Frange
EA 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
Retrovirology 5:69. 2008..Our objective was to characterize in detail non-B strains which could not be genetically classified into the known subtypes/Circulating Recombinant Forms (CRFs)...
- Short communication: evidence of HIV type 1 complex and second generation recombinant strains among patients infected in 1997-2007 in France: ANRS CO06 PRIMO CohortJulie Galimand
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:645-51. 2010....
- Evaluation of nevirapine dosing recommendations in HIV-infected childrenFrantz Foissac
EA 3620 Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Unité de RechercheClinique, Hôpital Tarnier, 89 rue d Assas, Paris, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 76:137-44. 2013..The aims of this study were to investigate the population pharmacokinetics of NVP in children, establish factors that influence NVP pharmacokinetics and evaluate the current dosing recommendations...
- Increasing HIV-1 non-B subtype primary infections in patients in France and effect of HIV subtypes on virological and immunological responses to combined antiretroviral therapyMarie Laure Chaix
Université Paris Descartes EA 3620, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris
Clin Infect Dis 56:880-7. 2013..To study whether the viral diversity had an impact on the virological and immunological responses in patients initiating combined antiretroviral therapy (cART) soon after infection...
- Low frequency of CXCR4-using viruses in patients at the time of primary non-subtype-B HIV-1 infectionPierre Frange
Universitéé Paris Descartes, EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 48:3487-91. 2010..Genotypic predictions can overestimate the proportion of non-subtype-B X4 viruses at PHI...
- High frequency of X4/DM-tropic viruses in PBMC samples from patients with primary HIV-1 subtype-B infection in 1996-2007: the French ANRS CO06 PRIMO Cohort StudyPierre Frange
EA 3620, AP HP, Laboratoire de Virologie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:135-41. 2009....
- Population pharmacokinetics of tenofovir in HIV-1-infected pediatric patientsNaïm Bouazza
EA 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité France, Paris, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:283-8. 2011..The main goal was then to suggest for the first time the dose of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) to give in children...
- Temporal and spatial compartmentalization of drug-resistant cytomegalovirus (CMV) in a child with CMV meningoencephalitis: implications for sampling in molecular diagnosisPierre Frange
Unite d immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie Pédiatrique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 51:4266-9. 2013..However, wild-type cytomegalovirus was evidenced in blood when the meningoencephalitis was diagnosed. Treatment of meningoencephalitis should be adapted to all previously identified resistance mutations in any compartment. ..
- Population pharmacokinetics study of recommended zidovudine doses in HIV-1-infected childrenFloris Fauchet
EA 3620 Université Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:4801-8. 2013..9 kg and from 300 to 250 mg BID for the WB from 30 to 39.9 kg. The highest dose, 300 mg BID, should be started from body weights of 40 kg. ..
- Pharmacokinetics and virological efficacy after switch to once-daily lopinavir-ritonavir in treatment-experienced HIV-1-infected childrenFrantz Foissac
EA 3620 Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4320-5. 2011..The switch from the BID to the QD LPV/r regimen led to equivalent exposure and lower C(trough) values and resulted in lower levels of virological control in these antiretroviral-experienced children...
- [Chronic granulomatous disease: pathogenesis and therapy of associated fungal infections]ANNE DESJARDINS
Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Med Sci (Paris) 28:963-9. 2012..Here we review the genetic basis, pathogenesis and clinical presentation associated with fungal infections in chronic granulomatous disease as well as the current prophylaxis and newly available therapies...
- Morbidity and mortality from ataxia-telangiectasia are associated with ATM genotypeRomain Micol
CEREDIH, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 128:382-9.e1. 2011..The course of the disease is characterized by neurologic manifestations, infections, and cancers...
- A Mendelian predisposition to B-cell lymphoma caused by IL-10R deficiencyBenedicte Neven
Unité d Immuno Hématologie Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfant Malades, Assistance publique des Hôpitaux de Paris APHP, Paris, France
Blood 122:3713-22. 2013..Hence, IL-10R deficiency is associated with a high risk of developing B-cell lymphoma. Our results revealed an unexpected role of the IL-10R pathway in lymphomagenesis. ..
- Missed opportunities for HIV testing in pregnant women and children living in FrancePierre Frange
From the Unité d Immunologie, Hématologie et Rhumatologie pédiatriques, AP HP, Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades EA3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité and Laboratoire de Virologie, AP HP, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:e60-2. 2014..5%). HIV testing of immigrant children were performed late after arrival, despite prompt access to healthcare structures. HIV testing strategies need to be improved. ..
- Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency in HIV-infected children and young adultsCandice Meyzer
From the Unité de Recherche Clinique Paris Centre, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris CIC P0901 Mère Enfant, INSERM, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris Descartes EA3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité Unité d Immunologie et Hématologie Pédiatriques Urgences Pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Laboratoire d Ethique Médicale, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris Centre d Examens de Santé de la Caisse Primaire d Assurance Maladie de la Seine Saint Denis, Bobigny Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris INSERM U845, équipe Homéostasie du Phosphate, Université Paris Descartes Pharmacologie, Groupe Hospitalier Broca Cochin Hôtel Dieu and Service de Physiologie et Explorations Fonctionnelles, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France J M T and M C contributed equally to the study
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:1240-4. 2013..Vitamin D insufficiency and HIV infection are both risk factors for chronic disorders, so it is important to consider vitamin D status in HIV-infected patients...
- Whole-exome sequencing identifies Coronin-1A deficiency in 3 siblings with immunodeficiency and EBV-associated B-cell lymphoproliferationDespina Moshous
Inserm U768, Paris, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 131:1594-603. 2013..We evaluated 3 siblings from a consanguineous family presenting with EBV-associated B-cell lymphoproliferation at an early age (12, 7½, and 14 months, respectively) and profound naive T-cell lymphopenia...
- Developmental pharmacokinetics of lamivudine in 580 pediatric patients ranging from neonates to adolescentsNaïm Bouazza
EA 3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3498-504. 2011....
- Major histocompatibility complex class II expression deficiency caused by a RFXANK founder mutation: a survey of 35 patientsMonia Ouederni
Pediatric Hematology Immunology Unit, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Hospital, France
Blood 118:5108-18. 2011..RFXANK deficiency is a severe, often fatal CID for which HSCT is the only curative treatment. However, some patients may survive for relatively long periods if multiple prophylactic measures are implemented...
- Characterization of an old complex circulating recombinant form, CRF27_cpx, originating from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and circulating in FranceNicole Vidal
UMR145, Institut de Recherches pour le Développement IRD and University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:315-21. 2008..Continuous monitoring of HIV-1 strains thus remains important to allow early identification of the introduction of new variants...