- [Electrophysiological signs of muscle channelopathies by causal mutation]E Fournier
Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:1251-9. 2005..This classification may guide molecular diagnosis in clinical practice...
- [Conduction block: a notion to let through]E Fournier
Departement de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 168:952-9. 2012..Several pitfalls have to be avoided if a conduction block is to be afforded real diagnostic value. Similar precautions and discussions are also needed to establish an opposing sign, the "excitability block" or "inverse block"...
- [Simplified exploration of brachial plexopathies by reduction to well-known mononeuropathies and radiculopathies]E Fournier
Departement de Physiologie, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, 91, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:1127-33. 2009..This method of simplification allows to demystify the brachial plexopathies and to facilitate their comprehension and exploration...
- Cold extends electromyography distinction between ion channel mutations causing myotoniaEmmanuel Fournier
Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
Ann Neurol 60:356-65. 2006..We designed an easy electromyography (EMG) protocol combining repeated short exercise and cold as provocative tests to discriminate groups of mutations...
- New mutations of SCN4A cause a potassium-sensitive normokalemic periodic paralysisS Vicart
Fédération de Neurologie and INSERM U546, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Neurology 63:2120-7. 2004..Periodic paralysis is classified into hypokalemic (hypoPP) and hyperkalemic (hyperPP) periodic paralysis according to variations of blood potassium levels during attacks...
- [The hypolossal-facial anastomosis in man. A model for studying peripheral and central nervous system plasticity]F Tankere
Equipe Mixte INSERM 0349 et Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Rev Med Liege 59:91-103. 2004....
- [Congenital myasthenic syndromes: difficulties in the diagnosis, course and prognosis, and therapy--The French National Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome Network experience]B Eymard
Centre de référence des affections neuromusculaires Paris Est, Service de neurologie 2, Institut de Myologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:S45-55. 2013..Tolerability was good. Therapeutic responses were encouraging even in the most severely affected patients, particularly with DOK7 and COLQ. Salbutamol was a good alternative in one patient who was allergic to ephedrine...
- Non-anti-MAG DADS neuropathy as a variant of CIDP: clinical, electrophysiological, laboratory features and response to treatment in 10 casesS LaRue
Centre de Référence Maladies Neuromusculaires Rares, Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière and Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 18:899-905. 2011..The aim of this retrospective study was to investigate patients with DADS neuropathy without anti-MAG antibodies, and study their response to immunotherapy...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with congenital myasthenic syndrome caused by COLQ mutationsI Wargon
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Bâtiment Lhermitte, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neuromuscul Disord 22:318-24. 2012..There was no genotype-phenotype correlation. At the end of the follow-up, 80% of patients were ambulant and 87% of patients had no respiratory trouble in spite of severe relapses...
- [Multifocal motor neuropathy: a retrospective study of sensory nerve conduction velocities in long-term follow-up of 21 patients]I Lievens
Centre national de référence maladies neuromusculaires rares, Batiment Babinski, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 165:243-8. 2009....
- Segmental somatosensory-evoked potentials as a diagnostic tool in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathies, and other sensory neuropathiesR M Koutlidis
Departement de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
Neurophysiol Clin 44:267-80. 2014..Somatosensory-evoked potentials with segmental recordings were performed with the aim of distinguishing chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy from other sensory neuropathies...
- Pregnancy in congenital myasthenic syndromeL Servais
Service of therapeutic trials and databases, Institut de Myologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurol 260:815-9. 2013..However, the overall clinical prognosis is good since the vast majority of patients recovered their pre-pregnancy clinical status six months after the delivery...
- Lack of association of the potassium channel-associated peptide MiRP2-R83H variant with periodic paralysisD Sternberg
Federations of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris et Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Neurology 61:857-9. 2003..Furthermore, there was no segregation of this gene variant with the disease. These observations weaken the proposal that MiRP2-R83H causes periodic paralysis...
- Towards the molecular elucidation of congenital myasthenic syndromes: identification of mutations in MuSKF Chevessier
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Acta Myol 24:55-9. 2005..There are hundreds of molecules known to be present at the NMJ and mutations in the genes coding for these synaptic molecules are likely to be responsible for a neuromuscular block...
- Hypoglossal-facial nerve anastomosis: dynamic insight into the cross-innervation phenomenonF Tankere
ENT Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neurology 61:693-5. 2003..Ipsilateral reinnervation was observed by the fourth month, progressed to the 12th to 18th month, and remained stable for the remainder of the follow-up period...
- A European multicentre reappraisal of distal compound muscle action potential duration in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathyY A Rajabally
Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology, Neuromuscular Clinic, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Eur J Neurol 19:638-42. 2012..Cut-offs proposed have not been widely evaluated. The influence of low-cut EMG filter settings ≤ 10 Hz as used in Europe is uncertain...
- [Electrodiagnosis, EMG, ENMG...: what do the future and the past tell us about the present?]E Fournier
Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Med Liege 59:3-14. 2004....