- [Electrodiagnosis, EMG, ENMG...: what do the future and the past tell us about the present?]E Fournier
Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Med Liege 59:3-14. 2004....
- Electromyography guides toward subgroups of mutations in muscle channelopathiesEmmanuel Fournier
Department of Physiology, Groupe hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 56:650-61. 2004..We hypothesize that mutations are segregated into the different electromyographic patterns according to the underlying pathophysiological mechanisms...
- New mutations of SCN4A cause a potassium-sensitive normokalemic periodic paralysisS Vicart
Fédération de Neurologie and INSERM U546, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Neurology 63:2120-7. 2004..Periodic paralysis is classified into hypokalemic (hypoPP) and hyperkalemic (hyperPP) periodic paralysis according to variations of blood potassium levels during attacks...
- [The hypolossal-facial anastomosis in man. A model for studying peripheral and central nervous system plasticity]F Tankere
Equipe Mixte INSERM 0349 et Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris
Rev Med Liege 59:91-103. 2004....
- [Congenital myasthenic syndromes: difficulties in the diagnosis, course and prognosis, and therapy--The French National Congenital Myasthenic Syndrome Network experience]B Eymard
Centre de référence des affections neuromusculaires Paris Est, Service de neurologie 2, Institut de Myologie, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 169:S45-55. 2013..Tolerability was good. Therapeutic responses were encouraging even in the most severely affected patients, particularly with DOK7 and COLQ. Salbutamol was a good alternative in one patient who was allergic to ephedrine...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with congenital myasthenic syndrome caused by COLQ mutationsI Wargon
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Bâtiment Lhermitte, Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, UMR S975, Paris, France
Neuromuscul Disord 22:318-24. 2012..There was no genotype-phenotype correlation. At the end of the follow-up, 80% of patients were ambulant and 87% of patients had no respiratory trouble in spite of severe relapses...
- [Electrophysiological signs of muscle channelopathies by causal mutation]E Fournier
Fédération de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 161:1251-9. 2005..This classification may guide molecular diagnosis in clinical practice...
- Segmental somatosensory-evoked potentials as a diagnostic tool in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathies, and other sensory neuropathiesR M Koutlidis
Departement de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
Neurophysiol Clin 44:267-80. 2014..Somatosensory-evoked potentials with segmental recordings were performed with the aim of distinguishing chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy from other sensory neuropathies...
- [Conduction block: a notion to let through]E Fournier
Departement de Neurophysiologie Clinique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 168:952-9. 2012..Several pitfalls have to be avoided if a conduction block is to be afforded real diagnostic value. Similar precautions and discussions are also needed to establish an opposing sign, the "excitability block" or "inverse block"...
- Pregnancy in congenital myasthenic syndromeL Servais
Service of therapeutic trials and databases, Institut de Myologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurol 260:815-9. 2013..However, the overall clinical prognosis is good since the vast majority of patients recovered their pre-pregnancy clinical status six months after the delivery...
- Non-anti-MAG DADS neuropathy as a variant of CIDP: clinical, electrophysiological, laboratory features and response to treatment in 10 casesS LaRue
Centre de Référence Maladies Neuromusculaires Rares, Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière and Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Eur J Neurol 18:899-905. 2011..The aim of this retrospective study was to investigate patients with DADS neuropathy without anti-MAG antibodies, and study their response to immunotherapy...
- Lack of association of the potassium channel-associated peptide MiRP2-R83H variant with periodic paralysisD Sternberg
Federations of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris et Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Neurology 61:857-9. 2003..Furthermore, there was no segregation of this gene variant with the disease. These observations weaken the proposal that MiRP2-R83H causes periodic paralysis...
- Towards the molecular elucidation of congenital myasthenic syndromes: identification of mutations in MuSKF Chevessier
INSERM U582, Institut de Myologie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Acta Myol 24:55-9. 2005..There are hundreds of molecules known to be present at the NMJ and mutations in the genes coding for these synaptic molecules are likely to be responsible for a neuromuscular block...
- A European multicentre reappraisal of distal compound muscle action potential duration in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathyY A Rajabally
Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology, Neuromuscular Clinic, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Eur J Neurol 19:638-42. 2012..Cut-offs proposed have not been widely evaluated. The influence of low-cut EMG filter settings ≤ 10 Hz as used in Europe is uncertain...
- Hypoglossal-facial nerve anastomosis: dynamic insight into the cross-innervation phenomenonF Tankere
ENT Department, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neurology 61:693-5. 2003..Ipsilateral reinnervation was observed by the fourth month, progressed to the 12th to 18th month, and remained stable for the remainder of the follow-up period...