- Can physics help to explain embryonic development? An overviewV Fleury
Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, Universite Paris Diderot, 10, rue Alice Domon et Léonie Duquet, 75013 Paris, France Electronic address
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 99:S356-65. 2013....
- Clarifying tetrapod embryogenesis by a dorso-ventral analysis of the tissue flows during early stages of chicken developmentVincent Fleury
Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, Universite Paris Diderot, 10 rue Alice Domont et Léonie Duquet, 75013 Paris, France
Biosystems 109:460-74. 2012..Thus, the formation of the vertebrate body is fixed, as a global movement, by the dynamics of singular points in the visco-elastic flow, governed by mechanical forces within the tissue...
- Dynamic topology of the cephalochordate to amniote morphological transition: a self-organized system of Russian dollsVincent Fleury
Laboratoire MSC, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
C R Biol 334:91-9. 2011..In addition, the phenomenon has a mirror symmetry in the anterior and in the posterior part, thereby explaining naturally the existence of animals having a caudal heart...
- Hyperbolic symmetry breaking and its role in the establishment of the body plan of vertebratesVincent Fleury
Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, Universite Paris Diderot, France
C R Biol 334:505-15. 2011..The broken symmetry of the flow is up-scaled in the adult animal. Areas with straightforward tissue movement are the ones where axial structures develop. The lateral domains with vortex-like flow colocalize with the future limb plates...
- A change in boundary conditions induces a discontinuity of tissue flow in chicken embryos and the formation of the cephalic foldV Fleury
Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, Universite Paris Diderot, 10 rue Alice Domon et Leonie Duquet, 75013 Paris, France
Eur Phys J E Soft Matter 34:73. 2011..This suggests a possible mechanism for the morphogenesis of the head of amniotes, as compared to cephalochordates and anamniotes...
- Introducing the scanning air puff tonometer for biological studiesVincent Fleury
Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, UMR 7057, Universite Paris Diderot, CNRS, Batiment Condorcet, 10 rue Alice Domon et Leonie Duquet, 75013 Paris, France
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 81:021920. 2010..which is important for bridging the gaps in the theory of the tissue development and highlighting new possibilities for tissue engineering, based on a clarification of the role of physical features in developing biological material...