- [Treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome with mandibular advancement orthesis]B Fleury
Centre d Etude et de Traitement des Troubles du Sommeil, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Rev Mal Respir 21:S81-5. 2004
- [Which mandibular advancement splint should be chosen and how should effective advancement be defined?]B Fleury
Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Rev Mal Respir 23:7S55-7S57. 2006
- Mandibular advancement titration for obstructive sleep apnea: optimization of the procedure by combining clinical and oximetric parametersBernard Fleury
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hôpital Saint Antoine Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Université Paris VI, Paris, France
Chest 125:1761-7. 2004..But, in the absence of a consensual recommendation, the method of the determination of effective mandibular advancement varies from one study to another...
- [Objectives and methodology of recordings with CPAP]B Fleury
Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Rev Mal Respir 23:7S24-7S26. 2006
- [The set-up of obstructive sleep apnea treatment]B Fleury
Centre d explorations et de traitements des troubles du sommeil, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 65:214-8. 2009..The way of starting the treatment of OSAS is therefore an essential topic, which will condition its long-term acceptance...
- Long-term efficacy of fixed CPAP recommended by Autoset for OSASF Gagnadoux
, Service de Pneumologie, , Paris
Sleep 22:1095-9. 1999..1 (+/-3.2) n/h) and a low 4% oxygen desaturation index (3.6 (+/-4.5) n/h) under CPAP. This study confirms the efficacy of autotitration and the suitability of P95 determined by Autoset for long-term treatment by conventional CPAP at home...
- A laboratory validation study of the diagnostic mode of the Autoset system for sleep-related respiratory disordersB Fleury
, , Paris, France
Sleep 19:502-5. 1996..The system is less useful in patients with mild to moderate sleep disordered breathing, where it may give erroneous results...
- Long-term compliance to continuous positive airway pressure therapy (nCPAP) set up during a split-night polysomnographyB Fleury
, , Paris, France
Sleep 17:512-5. 1994..The daily rate of nCPAP use for the compliant patients was 6.7 +/- 1.5 hours. These preliminary results indicate that a split-night technique is reliable and cost saving in a majority of patients suffering from severe OSAS...
- Wrist-actigraphic estimation of sleep time under nCPAP treatment in sleep apnoea patientsF Gagnadoux
Service de Pneumologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Eur Respir J 23:891-5. 2004..These results suggest that actigraphic estimation of sleep time under nasal continuous positive airway pressure could provide a better index than simple daily use of the device to evaluate the impact of treatment in sleep apnoea...
- Decreased oxyhemoglobin affinity in patients with sleep apnea syndromeD Maillard
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Am Rev Respir Dis 143:486-9. 1991..These could be protective mechanisms against the development of polycythemia, pulmonary hypertension, and cor pulmonale...
- Economic arguments for the immediate management of moderate-to-severe obstructive sleep apnoea syndromeN Pelletier-Fleury
Unité de Sommeil, Service de Pneumologie, CHU d Angers, Angers, France
Eur Respir J 23:53-60. 2004..These results provide fairly clear medical and economic arguments in favour of early management of patients with more severe forms of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome...
- Transitory increased blood pressure after upper airway surgery for snoring and sleep apnea correlates with the apnea-hypopnea respiratory disturbance indexM T M Araújo
Departamento de rea Aplicada Saúde, Faculdade Salesiana de Vitória, Vitoria, ES, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:1741-9. 2003..0 0.8 vs 5.0 0.9 cm, respectively). These data strongly suggest that the cardiovascular changes observed in patients who underwent uvulopalatopharyngoplasty and septoplasty were due to the increased postoperative RDI...
- [Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and the upper airway muscles]B Fleury
, , 184, rue du faubourg Saint-Antoine 75012 Paris
Rev Neurol (Paris) 157:S72-7. 2001..The initial pharyngeal obstructive site, and its further extension, could be determined by the different strength and endurance properties of these muscles...
- A cost-minimization study of telemedicine. The case of telemonitored polysomnography to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea syndromeN Pelletier-Fleury
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 17:604-11. 2001..63). CONCLUSION: Unless some specific geographical situations generate significant transport costs, the implementation of a strategy based on unattended polysomnography at home is cost-saving compared to a telemonitoring strategy...
- [Central apnea developing during treatment with a mandibular advancement device]L Gindre
Departement de Pneumologie, CHU, Angers, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:477-80. 2006..Mandibular advancement (MA) has emerged over the last decade as an alternative solution to nasal continuous airway pressure (nCPAP) for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS)...
- Sleep apnea syndrome in the elderlyB Fleury
Laboratoire du Sommeil, , Paris
Sleep 15:S39-41. 1992..abstract truncated at 250 words)..