- Global monitoring of influenza: potential contribution of national networks from a French perspectiveAntoine Flahault
WHO Collaborating Center for Electronic Disease Surveillance, Inserm Unit 707, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 27 rue Chaligny, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:387-93. 2006....
- Strategies for containing a global influenza pandemicAntoine Flahault
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unit 707, WHO Collaborating Centre for Electronic Disease Surveillance, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 27, rue Chaligny, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Vaccine 24:6751-5. 2006..Results provide general guidance for the issues of concern to public-health decision-makers: when to set up interventions, where, and at which administrative levels...
- Key strategies for reducing spread of avian influenza among commercial poultry holdings: lessons for transmission to humansArnaud Le Menach
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U707, 27 rue Chaligny, 75012 Paris, France
Proc Biol Sci 273:2467-75. 2006..Understanding the relative importance of different control measures is essential for response planning...
- Modeling spatial and temporal transmission of foot-and-mouth disease in France: identification of high-risk areasArnaud Le Menach
INSERM Unité 444, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Epidémiologie et Sciences de Information Biomédicale, 27 rue Chaligny, 75012 Paris, France
Vet Res 36:699-712. 2005..The results of this model highlight the importance of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to obtain more precise data concerning herds...
- Real-time monitoring of the influenza vaccine field effectivenessJudith Legrand
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, INSERM U707, CHU Saint Antoine, University Pierre et Marie Curie, WHO Collaborating Centre for Electronic Disease Surveillance, 27 rue Chaligny, 75 571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Vaccine 24:6605-11. 2006..Making the assumption that the vaccine coverage is stable from 1 year to another, we are able to assess the level of the FVE few weeks after the beginning of the epidemic and we should detect a lack of effectiveness of the vaccine...
- [Is lung cancer screening by the helical scanner justified?]Antoine Flahault
Santé Publique, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, INSERM U707, 27, rue de Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Med Sci (Paris) 23:333-4. 2007
- [SARS-CoV: 2. Modeling SARS epidemic]Antoine Flahault
INSERM U 444, 27, rue Chaligny, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Med Sci (Paris) 19:1161-4. 2003
- Persistent increase in the incidence of acute male urethritis diagnosed in general practices in FranceVeronique Massari
INSERM U707, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, 27 rue de Chaligny, F 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Br J Gen Pract 56:110-4. 2006..At-risk sexual behaviour seems to have increased in Europe, possibly due to the reassuring efficacy of highly active antiretroviral treatments...
- Impact of Chikungunya virus infection on health status and quality of life: a retrospective cohort studyMan Koumba Soumahoro
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7800. 2009....
- A recent increase in the incidence of male urethritis in FranceVeronique Massari
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité de recherche U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Sex Transm Dis 29:319-23. 2002..At-risk sexual behaviors appear to have increased recently in France, possibly because of the reassuring efficacy of highly active antiretroviral treatments. The objective of this study was to assess the pattern of change...
- Prediction of the spread of influenza epidemics by the method of analoguesCecile Viboud
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, INSERM Unit 444, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Am J Epidemiol 158:996-1006. 2003..001). Similar results were obtained for national incidence forecasts. From the results of this method, maps of influenza epidemic forecasts can be made in countries in which national and regional data are available...
- Association of influenza epidemics with global climate variabilityCecile Viboud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 444, Epidemiology and Information Sciences, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Saint Antoine, France
Eur J Epidemiol 19:1055-9. 2004..Recognition of this association could lead to better understanding of the mechanisms of emergence of influenza epidemics...
- Risk factors of influenza transmission in householdsCecile Viboud
Epidemiology and Information Sciences, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
Br J Gen Pract 54:684-9. 2004..Influenza transmission in households is a subject of renewed interest, as the vaccination of children is currently under debate and antiviral treatments have been approved for prophylactic use...
- Varicella in French adolescents and adults: individual risk assessment and cost-effectiveness of routine vaccinationThomas Hanslik
Department of Public Health, Hopital Saint Antoine, INSERM U444, Universite Paris 6, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Vaccine 21:3614-22. 2003..From the societal perspective, such screening and vaccination might save costs...
- Novel chikungunya virus variant in travelers returning from Indian Ocean islandsPhilippe Parola
Hopital Nord, Marseilles, France
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1493-9. 2006..High viral loads in patients returning from Indian Ocean islands to countries where Ae. albopictus is prevalent may be a source of epidemics...
- Virus diversity in a winter epidemic of acute diarrhea in FranceRoxane Chikhi-Brachet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 444, Epidémiologie et Sciences de l Information, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, France
J Clin Microbiol 40:4266-72. 2002..These four types of viruses accounted for an attributable risk of acute diarrhea of 34.7% for the general population, under the assumption of a causal role of these viruses...
- Baseline results of the Depiscan study: a French randomized pilot trial of lung cancer screening comparing low dose CT scan (LDCT) and chest X-ray (CXR)Thierry Blanchon
INSERM, U707, F 75012 Paris, France
Lung Cancer 58:50-8. 2007....
- [Emerging infectious diseases: the example of the Indian Ocean chikungunya outbreak (2005-2006)]Antoine Flahault
L Ecole des Hautes Etudes de Santé Publique EHESP, Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:113-24; discussion 125-8. 2007..There is still time to act against this threat of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, through prevention, anticipation, monitoring and research...
- [Chikungunya, La Réunion and Mayotte, 2005-2006: an epidemic without a story?]Antoine Flahault
Inserm UPMC, EHESP, Paris, France
Sante Publique 19:S165-95. 2007..This report presents comprehensive actions taken in 2006 for tracing the epidemic and mobilise research, as requested to the task force set up by the Prime Minister by March 20, 2006...
- Online detection and quantification of epidemicsCamille Pelat
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 707, Paris, 75012 France
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 7:29. 2007..However, implementation of the method may be difficult due to lack of statistical expertise. No dedicated tool is available to perform and guide analyses...
- [The French School of Public Health (FSPH): I. General perspectives]Antoine Flahault
Administrateur provisoire de I EHESP Avenue du P Léon Bernard 35000 Rennes
Bull Acad Natl Med 191:325-34; discussion 335-7. 2007....
- Estimating the impact of school closure on influenza transmission from Sentinel dataSimon Cauchemez
MRC Centre for Outbreak Analysis and Modelling, Department of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, UK
Nature 452:750-4. 2008..The impact of school closure would be reduced if it proved difficult to maintain low contact rates among children for a prolonged period...
- Estimating Chikungunya prevalence in La Réunion Island outbreak by serosurveys: two methods for two critical times of the epidemicPatrick Gerardin
Centre d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique de La Réunion, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre
BMC Infect Dis 8:99. 2008..The aim of this study was to refine clinical estimates provided by a regional surveillance-system using a two-stage serological assessment as gold standard...
- [Spiral CT: is it time for lung cancer screening?]Guy Frija
L Université René Descartes, l Hôpital Européen G Pompldou, Paris
Bull Acad Natl Med 187:153-60. 2003..An experimental study of 1000 subjects financed by a grant have started recently in France...
- Is pertussis being considered as a cause of persistent cough among adults?Carine Couzigou
Eur J Epidemiol 18:1013-5. 2003..Factors associated with pertussis being considered included younger age, shorter cough duration, world health organization clinical definition for pertussis, and muscular chest pain...
- Management of acute asthma exacerbations by general practitioners: a cross-sectional observational surveyLydia Guittet
Inserm U444 and Hôpital Tenon, Paris, France
Br J Gen Pract 54:759-64. 2004..General practitioners (GPs) have a central place in the management of asthma, particularly in the context of acute exacerbations...
- The clinical characteristics of HIV-infected patients receiving dialysis in France between 1997 and 2002Cecile Vigneau
Department of Nephrology A, Tenon Hospital, Paris, France
Kidney Int 67:1509-14. 2005..In 1997, 0.38% of dialysis patients in France were infected by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). No prevalence data were available in France since the widespread introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Community epidemiology of Chlamydia and Mycoplasma pneumoniae in LRTI in France over 29 monthsJacques Gaillat
The Infectious Diseases Unit, Hôpital d Annecy, France
Eur J Epidemiol 20:643-51. 2005..The role of Chlamydia pneumoniae (CP) and Mycoplasma pneumoniae (MP) in lower respiratory tract infections (LRTI) is still little known in community settings...
- Could measuring of perceived risk among general practitioners have helped anticipate the French BSE crisis?Michel Setbon
CNRS, LEST, Aix en Provence, France
Eur J Epidemiol 19:377-81. 2004....
- Trends in voluntary HIV testing in general practices in France between 1987 and 2002Veronique Massari
INSERM U707, Universite P and M Curie, Paris, France
Eur J Epidemiol 20:543-7. 2005..To measure the level of voluntary HIV testing and to assess its changes in the French general population according to the evolution of HIV testing policies...
- Disclosure of diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease in French general practiceInge Cantegreil-Kallen
Department of Geriatrics, Broca Hospital, Paris, France
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 20:228-32. 2005..As the GP has the weighty task of providing ropriate community care and psychological support to the patient, it is of utmost importance to reflect on how disclosure of diagnosis can be facilitated...
- Suicide and attempted suicide in France: results of a general practice sentinel network, 1999-2001Francoise Le Pont
INSERM U444, Faculte de Medecine Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Br J Gen Pract 54:282-4. 2004..The fatality rate increased with age. About 80% of GPs complied with the current recommendation to refer patients who had attempted suicide to hospital...
- Influenza epidemics in the United States, France, and Australia, 1972-1997Cecile Viboud
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 10:32-9. 2004..These results support a high correlation at the hemisphere level and suggest that the global interhemispheric circulation of epidemics follows an irregular pathway with recurrent changes in the leading hemisphere...
- Medication sales and syndromic surveillance, FranceElisabeta Vergu
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 12:416-21. 2006....
- Decline in HCV testing and compliance with guidelines in patients of Sentinelles general practitioners, 1996-2002Veronique Massari
Universite P and M Curie, INSERM, Paris, 75012, France
Eur J Epidemiol 21:397-405. 2006..Of the HCV-positive patients, 14% did not meet any criteria of the guidelines suggesting a lack of sensitivity in the current definition of patients recommended for testing...
- Risk perception of the "mad cow disease" in France: determinants and consequencesMichel Setbon
National Center for Scientific Research CNRS, Institute of Labour Economics and Industrial Sociology, Aix en Provence, France
Risk Anal 25:813-26. 2005....